• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Luna's Type?

Type?

• Obvious INTP is obvious

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Probably INTP

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • ENTP

• ISTP

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ENFP

• Something else...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
cant forget she has been working on learning how to calm an overly emotional INFJ for over 2 years now whenever something goes horribly horribly almost horrifically wrong in his life, hahaha... she does work to try, but its not intuitive for her, she doesnt know what to say to calm me, at least not at first, she just knows that I am upset, and she does care about me so she tries to use logic to calm me down most of the time, it actually works often because the effort she puts forth means a lot to me... but it is definitely not an intuitive understanding of my feelings that makes her able to do so, its just her being a true friend and trying to make me feel better... this has led, over a loooooong time, to her having a bit better understanding of my feelings than she originally had... but she still doesnt completely understand them, and I am ok with that, cause its the effort that matters, she puts a lot of energy into trying, because she sees the value of it, and that means a lot more to me in many ways than an intuitive understanding. ^_^

Whatever her type is, she is an awesome friend either way <3

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
cant forget she has been working on learning how to calm an overly emotional INFJ for over 2 years now whenever something goes horribly horribly almost horrifically wrong in his life, hahaha... she does work to try, but its not intuitive for her, she doesnt know what to say to calm me, at least not at first, she just knows that I am upset, and she does care about me so she tries to use logic to calm me down most of the time, it actually works often because the effort she puts forth means a lot to me... but it is definitely not an intuitive understanding of my feelings that makes her able to do so, its just her being a true friend and trying to make me feel better... this has led, over a loooooong time, to her having a bit better understanding of my feelings than she originally had... but she still doesnt completely understand them, and I am ok with that, cause its the effort that matters, she puts a lot of energy into trying, because she sees the value of it, and that means a lot more to me in many ways than an intuitive understanding. ^_^

Whatever her type is, she is an awesome friend either way <3

If you know her IRL then that trumps anything I feel on here.
Yes.. dealing with an emotional neurotic NFJ for two years would teach her how to appeal to my senses and calm me..

Perhaps She is just a very patient person..

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
oh yes, she is quite patient, And I was extremely unhealthy early last year, where she probably got most of her experience with helping a worse than emotionally neurotic INFJ, I wasn't nearly that unhealthy the first year though, and have made huge strides since then, but I kinda lost it, completely, after my friend was murdered, so I was in really really bad shape, im still surprised she stuck it out as my friend through all that crazy-ness, but she is awesome like that ^_^ and was one of the stabilizing factors in my life that helped me to keep the pieces together and start to heal and grow again, I wonder if all INTP's can be that awesome, or if she is just special,hehehe

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am fairly sure of my type by now, but lately I've been wondering if there is another possibility that I am overlooking due to identifying with this type for so long. I have heard on a few occasions that I could be ENFP or INFP, and I wonder if this is more due to my name and cute avatars, or an actual expression of NFP preference.

You sound like an INTP.

It would seem your avatar is a product of being female. And then, the rationale you give for it in #4 sound like INTP. So it would make perfect sense for a female INTP.

This is my most recent functional order:

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.3)
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.4)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (26)
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.8)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.4)
Those are actually very typical INTP scores. Fi is often third highest, because it is the "right brain alternative" to Ti. This is in Lenore Thomson's order, and it seems to make sense. Including Fe being lowest. The inferior often comes out weakest. It is the most consciously suppressed function. For an FP, it would actually be higher, probably around the middle, like your Te is.
I think I am equal parts enneagram 4 and 5. I am obsessed with both individuality and competence. Kind of an alien analyzing the earth...
But 5w4 makes sense in that I am 7-like during stress and 8-like while strong.
The 8 is Choleric, and would in this case fit NT. This is interesting, as the Choleric often doesn't appear clearly in INTP's.
Key Parts of the INTP description that I fit:
-seeking clarity in everything
-driven to build knowledge
-"absent-minded professor"
-approaching problems with enthusiasm and skepticism
-love of new ideas
-lives inside own mind
-very little value on tradition
-unconventional thought patterns

Key parts I don't fit:
-extremely bright
-problems with dressing
These are more stereotypical.
-unwillingness to explain things in an understandable way
This is actually common, as people simply don't understand the Ti conclusions. Ti is often described as so "precise and concise", and it aims to be, but sometimes, the things it analyzes are so complex, it's hard to break it down for everyone else.
Key parts of the INFP description that I fit:
-idealist
Could be simply the Ne. Not always necessarily NF.
-interested in understanding people
Could possibly be Ti. People are, after all, "things" that can be analyzed. Fi's focus would be a little different.
-perfectionism
That is not necessarily INFP. I would think more directive or structure-focused types (ST, NJ, NT, SJ) are more perfectionistic. I know some profiles say that for INFP, but I think they are trying to convey an aspect of Fi, but it is not what we normally think of regarding "perfectionism".
-awkward with verbal expression
That isn't necessarily INFP. That could be INTP as well.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound like an INTP.

Those are actually very typical INTP scores. Fi is often third highest, because it is the "right brain alternative" to Ti. This is in Lenore Thomson's order, and it seems to make sense. Including Fe being lowest. The inferior often comes out weakest. It is the most consciously suppressed function. For an FP, it would actually be higher, probably around the middle, like your Te is.
The 8 is Choleric, and would in this case fit NT. This is interesting, as the Choleric often doesn't appear clearly in INTP's.

With the exeption of Si, my function score pattern was uncannily similar to Luna's. My Si was a bit higher though, around 35 points.

I do think Luna is most likely an INTP.

Still not sure if I'm INTP- I'm kind of debating INFJ vs INTP at the moment.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFPs are the most likely type to question their type.
Especially e4 INFPs.. It's that sense of individuality and realizing that no matter how close someone else might be to your personality .. you are still unique.
I have not noticed this behavior in INTP as much… in fact INTPs normally seem quite sure of their type.
They also tend to have a bit of a pack mentality... Independent and different, but not individualistic in the presence of other INTPs.

This is how I started out the thread:
I am fairly sure of my type by now, but lately I've been wondering if there is another possibility that I am overlooking due to identifying with this type for so long. I have heard on a few occasions that I could be ENFP or INFP, and I wonder if this is more due to my name and cute avatars, or an actual expression of NFP preference.
Also, did you notice that I never changed those four letters under my location? With the exception of when I started that ‘replace one letter in your type with a Z’ cult (and maybe other silly games), I haven’t changed my type in the two years I’ve been here. I’m basically wondering more about the real reasons that members state or imply that I’m mistyped, more than having any serious enough type doubts of my own.

I also do identify a little more with the INTPs here than the members of another type, but not strong enough to really form a 'pack.' I don't take this as proof of anything, but perhaps an indication.

What Your words make me feel and think is my final clue.
Remember that thread.. where you just came in calmed me? That is F language you spoke to me with.
It's a natural gift INFPs have with me.. They soothe me with their words and attitude.. INTPs don't.
I react to your INFPness .. I feel it..
If you don't understand that.. maybe you are a T.

I was seeking an understanding of each other, so I was being pretty neutral, neither seeking to calm or provoke you.

I think I spoke a little bit of F language because you were clearly coming from a really confusing Fe-like stance. A purely T-reply would just be inapplicable. But a lot of what I was doing was still about clarifying definitions of stuff.

I remember I also had to acknowledge my frustration because, with my NFJ experience, I know they have this weird psychic-like thing going on where they can see through computers and know how the people are feeling. I don’t know how you knew about that girl faking the crime and things like that, but I still have to acknowledge the fact that you were right.

So yeah, I don’t quite understand it… I think that maybe you’ve had bad experiences with INTPs and this is why you feel that I can’t belong to the T-side. You could be reacting to a Fi-vibe that I have that could be indicative of INFP but could be present in INTPs too if the T still takes over.

Maybe it is an unusual amount of patience and experience.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To Eric B:

I realize now more than I did before that the type descriptions I randomly chose are pretty stereotypical.

I found these descriptions http://typelogic.com/intp.html to be of more help, and found that this part of the description is pretty enlightening: "A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition."

^ This is pretty much the essence of this thread :laugh:

I looked at the INFP description too, and found that even though the overall tone of it is so unappealingly sugary to me, the meaning of it fits me pretty well.
But about this part: "As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., performance of duty for the greater cause." I would like to stand behind the causes I say I am behind more, but I don't struggle with ethical perfection because I think my ethics are awesome enough anyway ;) I am way more focused and annoyed by my flaws in competence.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, no wonder nobody is reading this anymore... I forgot that the cupcakes ran out!

cutecupcakes.jpg

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To Eric B:

I realize now more than I did before that the type descriptions I randomly chose are pretty stereotypical.

I found these descriptions http://typelogic.com/intp.html to be of more help, and found that this part of the description is pretty enlightening: "A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition."
That one had helped me as well. The last sentence was a dead ringer for me, as I had always recognized that in my arguments.
I looked at the INFP description too, and found that even though the overall tone of it is so unappealingly sugary to me, the meaning of it fits me pretty well.
But about this part: "As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., performance of duty for the greater cause." I would like to stand behind the causes I say I am behind more, but I don't struggle with ethical perfection because I think my ethics are awesome enough anyway ;) I am way more focused and annoyed by my flaws in competence.
That definitely sounds INTP. I stand by certain kinds of causes, and going deeper, to look at it from the shadow perspective, it is precisely because the notion of ethical perfection is such anathema (a threat, which I then move to undo in others who impose it). So it's reactive, rather than the preference.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I'm not sure what is meant by it being reactive rather than preference, but I think it sounds a little more INTP than INFP too...

Also, "the Choleric often doesn't appear clearly in INTP's"? Does this mean that enneagram 8 is typically weak in our type?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I'm not sure what is meant by it being reactive rather than preference, but I think it sounds a little more INTP than INFP too...
In other words, I'm acting out of shadow Fi, rather than it being a preferred function. When settling on my type (with some people insisting on Fi because of my "enthusiasm"), I had to consider where those Fi-like traits figured, and I was in the process of trying to learn all the information on the eight-process model I have compiled for everyone, so it took time to recognize that when the function manifests reactively like that, it is in fact what's called the "Demon" role.

Also, "the Choleric often doesn't appear clearly in INTP's"? Does this mean that enneagram 8 is typically weak in our type?
No; I have figured that the NT group is Choleric (Keirsey said NF was Choleric and NT was Phlegmatic), however, when most INTP's take the Galen temperament tests (Including the ICA reports I have been linking to), they often do not get or identify with Choleric. I believe this is because of the blending with Phlegmatic or Supine; the INP part) which tempers the Choleric traits. So they often end up identifying with Melancholy.

8 however, is obviously the most Choleric of the Enneagram. Some INTP's do identify with this. Often, 9w8 (9-INP; 8-NT) . So I was using this as an evidence of INTP's being part Choleric whether it comes out in Galen tests or not.
Most are 5-something, but that again would be the same reason they identify with Melancholy, which 5 is closest to.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am always very close on those temperament tests, as I don't particularly identify with any of them. One of the tests said I was CholericPhlegmatic, but on a recent test it says I am Melancholic.

Though I identify with e8 sometimes, I am pretty sure that I am not e8. Same with e7. It's almost like I have two sides of me and one of them is e4 and the other is e5. But there are still a couple of things that I don't relate to about the enneagram descriptions too. I don't relate to most of the 4 stuff about emotions (not that I don't have emotions, but that I don't pay attention to them like 4s do), and I do not relate to the 5 desire to be invisible (I like to stand out sometimes, and I'll have no problem being in the spotlight when I do make that awesome scientific discovery).

Lately I have been considering the possibility of being an ENTP in an Introvert suit. Perhaps that could explain why I could be in the spotlight, and why I try to get more attention/input by offering cupcakes. I find that what people on here consider "talking Ti" on here is stuff that is really long and detailed, and that I don't know nearly enough about to respond. And then when I actually take the effort to read the walls of text and come up with a simple, concise response... it's like I'm speaking another language than they are. Though according to most the descriptions, what I am doing with the constantly trying to get to a definition and simply things to the most concise is the very essence of Ti. But it's like I'm a lot more 'simple' in my approach compared to the INTPs here or something. I'm not sure.

So then I find myself communicating with Ne a lot (if you want further proof of this, catch the rare moments when I talk on Vent). I get pretty comfortable once I can get to the point of communicating with people by jumping from one related idea to another... talking about what the possibilities hold. And I've noticed that I am pretty crazy about the ideapossibility-linking thing. But I am still pretty inward-focused. I don't think I quite have that extraverted energy. But maybe that's just because I'm not good at talking to people, and have rarely been able to talk about ideas that I like IRL. So maybe I'm not a real introvert. Maybe I'm really an Ne-dom who looks like one.

There's no votes for ENTP or ENFP, so if I am in an introvert disguise, it must be a good one.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there a test that goes with this?

From the descriptions, I can only tell that I am some combination of Choleric, Melancholic, or Phlegmatic (probably not dominated by choleric). None of them really stand out as me.

The new batch of cupcakes is on the 5th page btw. There are still some left, as I am not allowed to eat the cupcakes for my own postings.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
*brings some extra cupcakes for everyone and luna tooo*
kitty_cupcakes.JPG

3523952459_1d46319e5f_o_d.jpg

Black-Cat-Cupcakes-Roundabouts.jpg

lync_123

MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
Question:

I am here to get a better idea of what typology I am. I have for some time heard some talk about this stuff and think it sounds fascinating. I have done some research of my own but think this sounds like a pretty right on spot to figuer this shit out.
Some insight would be great!

OK.

Description of self:

*I am a relativity lazy however a very ambitious and creative person.
*I like to sometimes sit around and do nothing but think, plan and come up with fun ideas. but I also like to do things.
* I love adventure! I love creating things! I love anything productive and interesting anything!
*I can be overly enthusiastic at times.
*I have a hard time understanding peoples needs.
* I can't stand people who have boring dispositions or just want to have small talk about pointless bullshit. It bothers me.
*I hate routine.
* I am very interested in many things and have a very hard time deciding on a career.
*I am unconsciously but I think I am starting to notice, consciously a very competitive person. However would never stoop to being a complete ass-jerk of human to fulfill my desires and goals.
* I am usually very good at starting projects and finishing them them.
*I consider my self 80 percent of the time, very very self confident in my skills. and ability's to do things.
* I get bored by things relatively fast.
* I like people but sometimes like being with my self. Mostly because human blabble and complaining is very annoying to me.
* I like to read, however usually only how to books or comic books.
* i am somewhat easily annoyed by overly conventional people. Mostly due to an inflexible sense of everything! Or at least it seems like it.
* I hate texting!
* I have a not so hard time getting girlfriends, but keeping them is a different story.
* I fucking hate drama! With a capitol 'FUCKING'
*love nature and animals!
*slightly feel better in a working situation that involves high risk or constant stimulation of some kind.
* find the female body ridiculously attractive.
*Usually am very tactical in my approach to dealing with business matters.
*Enjoy composing music. and has been told is good at it!
* Easily make friends, but don't necessarily want them. Unless they want to either do something fun, or creative. Or play video games!
*Loves trying new things!
*love eating food, drinking and having a good time!
* Is good at accomplishing set goals for self.
* am very good at remembering where things are and what they are.
*joking around, getting things done, whipping up ideas and asking 'how have you been/what have you been up to and then getting response, is really all the communication with people I need.
* I don't like being told what to do.
* I am quiet fearless in most matter.
* is more interested in fun careers than boring careers that make little money and offer security.

Favorite activity: Skateboarding, bowling, making comic books/mix tapes, cooking, anything outdoors, video production, recording tape cassettes of music, performing arts/composing, adventure! starting teams/clubs, learning anything new! playing sports, poker, going on fishing trips, etc...

Wants to learn how to: surf, ski, skydive, use 3-d animation and fly an air plane.

also wants to study animal science and hopefully one day aid in a research team!

I've heard, ENTJ, ENTP, ESTP, INTP, INFP, ISFJ, ISTP they all make very little sense to me.

I know that it has something to do with career also. here is a good idea of careers I think would be fun.

I would enjoy a career as a: pilot, chef, claymation animator, adventurer, field scientist, comic book creator, EMT, TV producer. cartoon creator, musician/composer, park ranger, etc...

they all sound good.

I get pretty good grades so I think I might be able to pull one of these off with ease.

fuck you get the idea.

Any ideas?

T

ThatGirl

Any type that has absolutely nothing to do with Se or T.

XNFP my guess.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Is this to me or to Lync?

I don't know what type Lync is yet...