• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Luna's Type?

Type?

• Obvious INTP is obvious

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Probably INTP

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • ENTP

• ISTP

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ENFP

• Something else...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ts aren't allowed to like cupcakes? :shrug:

I can see the cosplay/Fi link. I never doubted strong Fi.
I'm not sure where the singing link is, except that may be an uncommon interest for INTPs.
Also Anime/Japanophilia are pretty common among the Ts on this forum. A lot of the anime is very stereotypically F but I tend to stay away from those ones.

well, I've met a lot of singers and I can count on one hand the number of Ts there were, and these were all either ESTP or ISTJ. of course, disqualifying you as a T based on this would be rather ludacris of me (I don't know how to spell the word, so I just spelled it like the rapper lol).
your preferences of what you do in your leisure time just seem much more F to me, but I can't say for sure

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as a whole, it's seems to me that NFs with strong Thinking are more prevelant than NTs with strong Feeling.

If this is true though, then why didn't I find any INFPs with Fi and Ti close in strength?

I don't think I am mixing up Ne and Ti: they are pretty different things. Ne generates ideas and Ti refines them, basically. They almost undo each other. Whatever I am, I'm something with strong Ti.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by LunaLuminosity
If this is true though, then why didn't I find any INFPs with Fi and Ti close in strength?

I don't think I am mixing up Ne and Ti: they are pretty different things. Ne generates ideas and Ti refines them, basically. They almost undo each other. Whatever I am, I'm something with strong Ti.

Actually, there was another member on these boards recently, whom was unsure of whether he was Ti or Fi dom because both functions were high in strength and use. And I know that there have been other uncertain about Ti/Fi.

Well, if that can't be figured out, the next thing would be to consider inferior function use (since tert is Si for both of them); which are you more deficient in Te or Fe; making logically objective/orderly plans, or harmonizing group values and respected societal norms?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Yeah, my Te is 24 points higher than Fe. I've really overdeveloped the Te to the point where I give a slight INTJ impression sometimes. But a lot of it is developed because (1) I'd get absolutely nothing followed through without it, and (2) I grew up with a couple of ExTJs.
My Fe isn't that pathetic, but "harmonizing group values and respected societal norms"? I'm the opposite of group values and social norms ;) But people have said that I seem warm, and I try to be nice and stuff. I hold doors open a lot because I'm scared that it'll hit them in the face otherwise. But after that I mumble a quick "no problem" and go on to spacing out and figuring out logical arguments in my head...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm... I guess in that regard, your proabaly definitely INTP, but just borderline with INFP, almost like a INP hybrid in some respects. But my gut says that your INTP :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm... I guess in that regard, your proabaly definitely INTP, but just borderline with INFP, almost like a INP hybrid in some respects. But my gut says that your INTP :)

"Probably definitely INTP"... I'll go with that for now. Thanks everyone =)

I am still open to any compelling reasons for or otherwise, and I'll send those who bug me about being mistyped over here.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by LunaLuminosity
"Probably definitely INTP"... I'll go with that for now. Thanks everyone =)

I am still open to any compelling reasons for or otherwise, and I'll send those who bug me about being mistyped over here.

Your welcome. If you ever have any other questions or concernes about your type in the future, I'll be more than willing to help :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
'Just saying?'

I say "probably definitely" and that I'm open to convincing evidence, and you're not going to explain a thing?

I didn't say you were anything other than eNFj, btw. If I did, I would've said why.

I'm keeping my 'probably definitely' in this case...

B

brainheart

I've tested INTP lots. Yesterday, reading Jung, I had myself convinced I was for sure a Ti dom, possibly an ISTP. But although I behave like that sometimes, pretty sure it's not the case. Probably more likely that I've been confusing my inferior Te for Ti, because I get all T-ish coincidentally when I'm not at my healthiest.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
'Just saying?'

I say "probably definitely" and that I'm open to convincing evidence, and you're not going to explain a thing?

I didn't say you were anything other than eNFj, btw. If I did, I would've said why.

I'm keeping my 'probably definitely' in this case...

Fine .. if you insist.. I have seen your fluffy side and your Fi.. and they dominate more than you give them credit for.

You are a closet INFP.. Dressed in a T function that belies the raging emotional storm that lays just beneath the surface..

Oh!! and that username.. :laugh:

B

brainheart

I don't know. Re-read your thread and you are way nicer than me... if you get into the whole affiliative vs pragmatic business, my bet is on an NF... My guess for myself is an SP because although I love abstract stuff, I am def pragmatic and I am not an NT.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I was really in the closet about being INFP, would I have even made this thread that could reveal this secret?

And since when does being emotional have to do with an F preference?

Does this mean I can be an INTP if I change my name to something like LunaTheLogical? :rolli:

I'm not sure what being nice has to do with much either...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that you're probably either an INTP 4w5, or an INFP 5w4. One of the influences is making you seem more T or F than you really are. The problem is, I'm not sure which it is!

The thing about Ti and Fi is that, since both are Introverted Judgement, they can be mistaken for one another. Both of them are based on internal principles, and can come to similar conclusions.

The difference is that Ti principles are arrived at through intensive analysis, while Fi principles are arrived at through intensive soul-searching. A lot of the answers can be similar.

There's also the possibility that you're neither type, and could be anything from ISxP to INxJ. I could honestly see you as several different types, but I see no reason to tell you that you're not an INTP. Not without more data supporting INFP, ISFP, or INTJ.

The thing is, it's very hard to get an accurate reading on your type after you've already been typed. People are inclined to confirm your suspicions, and those who don't are often seen as catering to stereotypes about type.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
It's the cat avatar that makes people think you're NF. And probably your location too. "The Redwood Forest, Moon" sounds as if it's from a novel.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If I was really in the closet about being INFP, would I have even made this thread that could reveal this secret?

And since when does being emotional have to do with an F preference?

Does this mean I can be an INTP if I change my name to something like LunaTheLogical? :rolli:

I'm not sure what being nice has to do with much either...

I never said T and F have anything to do with emotion,.. You should check my history out some day.. You would find I am the first person to say that F does not equal emotion nor does T equal intellect.

You asked me to explain.. I had to say something.. most people don't accept.. "I just Know" as an answer.
But... I just Know..

I am also not alone in saying INFP..

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
actually, upon closer examination, and rethinking more deeply, ive noticed her working hard on developing F since ive known her... and I wonder, if since she had to actually work on that, if she isnt F, just a T that recognized that F can be really important too, and worked hard to develop it... I could be wrong, but that's my revised opinion,lol...I have other reasons as well for revising my opinion...but im gonna keep those to myself,lol

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that you're probably either an INTP 4w5, or an INFP 5w4. One of the influences is making you seem more T or F than you really are. The problem is, I'm not sure which it is!

The enneagram link is kind of tricky since I'm extremely even on 4 and 5. When I have to choose, I choose 5w4 because the stuff about healthy/unhealthy levels for 5 works better for me. But at the same time I am still very much 4 too.

The difference is that Ti principles are arrived at through intensive analysis, while Fi principles are arrived at through intensive soul-searching. A lot of the answers can be similar.
I'm not sure if I do either one intensively, but I do a lot of analyzing and searching myself. I'm not sure if I use them to get to the same answer though. I seem to use them for different parts of the process. Like with this I am both analyzing the feedback I get for the essence and consistency, but I also need to look inside me to evaluate whether the stuff people are saying about me is true or not.

The thing is, it's very hard to get an accurate reading on your type after you've already been typed. People are inclined to confirm your suspicions, and those who don't are often seen as catering to stereotypes about type.

I have seen a lot of that...

It's a really tricky exercise to take part in after identifying with the same type for 3 years and spending way too much time on forums like this...

It's the cat avatar that makes people think you're NF. And probably your location too. "The Redwood Forest, Moon" sounds as if it's from a novel.

Okay fine :p It was about time I changed them anyway. My avatar is only slightly less biased now but at least it's not a cat..

I never said T and F have anything to do with emotion,.. You should check my history out some day.. You would find I am the first person to say that F does not equal emotion nor does T equal intellect.
This is why I was surprised when you said that.

You asked me to explain.. I had to say something.. most people don't accept.. "I just Know" as an answer.
But... I just Know..
Okay, I guess we cannot go any further than that then. I can't 'just know' anything. Thanks for explaining that that is where you are coming from though. Too bad I don't get it.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Luna..
I don't like the answer "I just know" either..

A few weeks a go there was a story in the local paper here about a 16 year old girl who was kidnapped at gun point and sexually assaulted.
As I read the story, and the quotes from the police and such.. I just knew the girl was lying.. and I said so. I said she probably was late getting home and concocted this story as an excuse. People looked at me like I was crazy. And when I said "I just know" they were then convinced I was crazy.
2 weeks later I walked into work and I heard .. "there he is" and I was called over and showed the front page of the newspaper.
The headline.. "Kidnap and sexual assault story a hoax" Seems the girl made up the story because she missed curfew.

Sometimes, some people just know things.

In your case.. I have decided to give it some real thought.

e4.. The individualist.. I knew that before I looked..You are an e4..
That already makes more sense to INFP than INTP..
INFPs are the most likely type to question their type.
Especially e4 INFPs.. It's that sense of individuality and realizing that no matter how close someone else might be to your personality .. you are still unique.
I have not noticed this behavior in INTP as much.. in fact INTPs normally seem quite sure of their type.
They also tend to have a bit of a pack mentality.. Independent and different, but not individualistic in the presence of other INTPs.

But how do I explain to someone that the feelings and thoughts they express, the direction and flow of their words, seem to be coming from one place if the person believes otherwise?

Then there are my feelings.. Of which I am normally very very in touch with.
What Your words make me feel and think is my final clue.
Remember that thread.. where you just came in calmed me? That is F language you spoke to me with.
It's a natural gift INFPs have with me.. They soothe me with their words and attitude.. INTPs don't.
I react to your INFPness .. I feel it..
If you don't understand that.. maybe you are a T.