User Tag List

View Poll Results: Type?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obvious INTP is obvious

    3 9.09%
  • Probably INTP

    15 45.45%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INFP

    11 33.33%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    1 3.03%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • Something else...

    3 9.09%
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 148

  1. #81
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.
    indeed.

    just voted, obvious INTP is obvious

    Ti appears J-like sometimes; your 4 wing is heavy.

    luna, you are a bit softer and sweeter than the average INTP.

  2. #82
    Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    luna, you are a bit softer and sweeter than the average INTP.
    She is definitely soft and sweet <3 in her own way,hehee <3<3<3
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

  3. #83
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    That is odd; I do not intend to be vague or symbolic. I intend to be clear and accurate. I think that often times stating things simply is more clear and just as precise as adding a bunch of other semi-relevant stuff for support.
    That sounds Ti

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

    I’ve probably already mentioned this before, but my communication is probably peculiar for this forum because I am very slow at processing information and know very little about anything in comparison to the other members.
    Why do you say that? I don't get that impression at all. Some people appear to know alot because they seem to reply to a ton of different threads on various topics but what they're saying may not be well thought out.

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I have also thought of INTJ, since I have been close on the J/P and have decent Te. The non-identification with Ni throws me off too. I do not get any sort of ‘sudden insights’ whatsoever, though perhaps I could blame that on the processing problems rather than typological preference. Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni, but any of the questions that mention things like ‘mystical’ and ‘symbolic’ are not my style of intuition at all.
    I'm also close on the J/P and have decent Te. However I identify with Ti more. I only partially identify with Ni. Like you I don't identify much with mystical or symbolic. I do think some of those Ni descriptions could stand to be rewritten. Are INFJs really some super mystical psychic types? Well maybe a few but I doubt the majority of INFJs are like this. The descriptions though may lead you to think that about INFJs.

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yeah, the percentages are probably more of a Luna thing than a Ti thing. I am very interested in statistics and by taking a statistics class right now, this type of thing has only become worse =P
    I think I'd attribute percentages more to Te than Ti. I'm a Ti user but I like statistics and percents and all that too. Maybe because I have decent Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I am interested in finding the logic behind the tests, it’s just that so far the only logic I see is “I answer a bunch of questions about me, and the test responds by spitting those back at me in a more concise format.” The problem is, the questions are sometimes pretty silly things that I pretty much guess at anyway because I don’t have a preference for either. I don't understand why the questions do this. This is why such a huge amount of tests is needed for me to see the real trend of my preferences.
    b
    Well INTPs love finding out the logic behind the tests. It goes with being dominant Ti. I know for me, that's half the fun of taking the test is analyzing it and taking it apart. You have to remember, some of those tests aren't very good. They create false dichotomies and force you to choose between things that aren't necessarily opposite each other. I think alot of MBTI tests tend to be forced choice because the idea behind it is to get at what side you prefer. It doesn't care about the degree. A more trait based test like the Big Five tends to use Likert type scales more. I do think the degree you prefer one response to another does matter. A question you end up essentially random picking a response because both options equally apply or neither one applies at all should not carry as much weight in your results as a question where you have a definite preference for one of the options. Yet forced choice tests don't take that into account.

    Oh, and welcome to INTPland!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  4. #84
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Why do you say that? I don't get that impression at all. Some people appear to know alot because they seem to reply to a ton of different threads on various topics but what they're saying may not be well thought out.
    Knowing enough to decently reply to various topics is better than only being able to reply at all to some topics.
    There just seems to be a lot more information in other's posts (especially the INTPs) than in mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm also close on the J/P and have decent Te. However I identify with Ti more. I only partially identify with Ni. Like you I don't identify much with mystical or symbolic. I do think some of those Ni descriptions could stand to be rewritten. Are INFJs really some super mystical psychic types? Well maybe a few but I doubt the majority of INFJs are like this. The descriptions though may lead you to think that about INFJs.
    I identify more with Ti than Te too... I use Te a lot, but some of it isn't really natural for me. It's hard for me to judge when exactly I switch into more of a Ti-mode, but at the times when it is obvious, I notice that it seems more natural. I'm probably framing this incorrectly though...

    I don't think Ni is about being psychic, but it does seem to be about a style of intuition that isn't my dominant function. I'd probably understand it a little better if it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Well INTPs love finding out the logic behind the tests. It goes with being dominant Ti. I know for me, that's half the fun of taking the test is analyzing it and taking it apart. You have to remember, some of those tests aren't very good. They create false dichotomies and force you to choose between things that aren't necessarily opposite each other. I think alot of MBTI tests tend to be forced choice because the idea behind it is to get at what side you prefer. It doesn't care about the degree. I do think the degree you prefer one response to another does matter. A question you end up essentially random picking a response because both options equally apply or neither one applies at all should not carry as much weight in your results as a question where you have a definite preference for one of the options. Yet forced choice tests don't take that into account.
    Yes, but does being INTP also mean that I should've been able to find a logic behind the tests by analyzing them? I'm not sure if I've found one for precisely the reasons you stated. What even qualifies as a logic behind the test?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Oh, and welcome to INTPland!
    Thank you... but I actually entered INTPland nearly 4 years ago. It's just that my pass to get in is about to expire, and I'm seeing if I qualify for a new one.

  5. #85
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    (Edit: In response to Athenian's former post)

    Well, that's kind of the point of the thread. I want to choose INTP as my type because it's actually my type, not because of any sort of bias. I don't see the versatility or standards being low, but I don't think it is pointless to question and I get to the same answer as before in a more informed manner.... I don't know. I'm up way too late, and you have obviously been on the forum longer.

    I would like to see if I am Te/Fi or Fe/Ti or whatnot, and why. I don't know if going by these pairs actually works, but it is at least somewhere to go from. I assure you that if reason and evidence show that I am another type, I will change my type, and attempt to move on with my life after this grand 4-year delusion


    (Edit: Maybe you took it back now.... but I'm still going to take your points seriously.)

  6. #86
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Thank you... but I actually entered INTPland nearly 4 years ago. It's just that my pass to get in is about to expire, and I'm seeing if I qualify for a new one.
    Here's a new pass.

    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #87
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    Have either of you seen this thread?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-judging.html
    I try to really clarify the T vs F dichotomy in terms of impersonal vs personal, and it seems both of your focus is more impersonal, despite whatever stereotypical "F" behaviors you might testify to.

    To even go back over part of the OP in this light:

    Key parts of the INFP description that I fit:
    -focused on making the world a better place
    -idealist
    -interested in understanding people
    -fighting for causes
    All of this can be done from an impersonal perspective. It is logical to try to make the world a better place, fight for causes like that, and to try to understand people. You can reason that doing these things will make the world a safer place for you to live. As the Hartzlers point out in Functions of Type (p.40), that kind of reasoning would be a [Ti] "principle", rather than an [Fi] "value".

    Key parts I don't fit:
    -placing little importance on who is right and who is wrong
    -not liking to deal with hard facts and logic
    -disbelief in impersonal judgement
    These are further definite evidences of an impersonal focus, and there we even see our key word, "impersonal".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  8. #88
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    ^ A little intimidating of a pass there, but I'll take it

    So...... are there any threads on here that go over Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe in more detail? I have looked around here and other internet sources and not found much.

    I am not understanding these approaches to type that are either dealing with strict functional ordering or socionics-like systems, and how to weave them in at all with my current approach of Jungian cognitive functions focusing on the dominant and auxillary, paired with MBTI dichotomies. Perhaps there will never be a full agreement if, in the end, I am still using a different approach to type than some of the others here.

    And what ever happened to the possibility of me being ENTP? Only one person addressed my posts on that at all. Is that just too hard to judge online? Or am I really that obviously an introvert?

  9. #89
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Have either of you seen this thread?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-judging.html
    I try to really clarify the T vs F dichotomy in terms of impersonal vs personal, and it seems both of your focus is more impersonal, despite whatever stereotypical "F" behaviors you might testify to.
    I had not seen that thread. Those definitions of the functions look really good. But they are written so well that I am identifying with all of them. As far as the judging functions go, it seems I am slightly most fluent in "judg[ing] relationships between impersonal objects according to an internal standard" (Ti). The perceiving functions were a little more difficult for me to understand, strangely enough. Probably because I have seen them being defined differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    All of this can be done from an impersonal perspective. It is logical to try to make the world a better place, fight for causes like that, and to try to understand people. You can reason that doing these things will make the world a safer place for you to live. As the Hartzlers point out in Functions of Type (p.40), that kind of reasoning would be a [Ti] "principle", rather than an [Fi] "value".
    Interesting, it does seem like I do a lot of approaching personal-type of stuff from a impersonal perspective (and also sometimes vice-versa). But I don't know if it's a blend of Fe-Ti or Te-Fi or what else it could be categorized into. I wonder if the function's approaches to making the world a better place could be classified.

  10. #90
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I had not seen that thread. Those definitions of the functions look really good.
    Thanks!
    But that's the essense of what they're about.
    But they are written so well that I am identifying with all of them. As far as the judging functions go, it seems I am slightly most fluent in "judg[ing] relationships between impersonal objects according to an internal standard" (Ti). The perceiving functions were a little more difficult for me to understand, strangely enough. Probably because I have seen them being defined differently.
    Well, those were always the easier definitions. Concrete vs abstract. It's either about experience in its own right, or finding meanings of experience.

    Interesting, it does seem like I do a lot of approaching personal-type of stuff from a impersonal perspective (and also sometimes vice-versa). But I don't know if it's a blend of Fe-Ti or Te-Fi or what else it could be categorized into. I wonder if the function's approaches to making the world a better place could be classified.
    Tht focus is determined by the preferred function, and the opposite function in tandem simply backs it up. If what you approach is personal, yet your actual rational processing of it is impersonal, the process is what determines T/F. So you look at an external personal situation, and rationalize based on an internal, impersonal standard.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Similar Threads

  1. Who is the person you admire most and what is his MBTI type
    By yenom in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
  2. What is your favorite type of weather?
    By NewEra in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 01:56 AM
  3. What is truly my type?
    By Willywallywoo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
  4. What is a shadowed type?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO