User Tag List

View Poll Results: Type?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obvious INTP is obvious

    3 9.09%
  • Probably INTP

    15 45.45%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INFP

    11 33.33%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    1 3.03%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • Something else...

    3 9.09%
First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 148

  1. #71
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I vote INTP. This smells like Ti precision!

    Get it? Teen spirit... Ti prec--

    Get it?
    LOL.

    But really, it doesn't seem very precise at all. I don't think she knows the exact number of times she's taken the test, and probably didn't calculate exact percentages.

  2. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    LOL.

    But really, it doesn't seem very precise at all. I don't think she knows the exact number of times she's taken the test, and probably didn't calculate exact percentages.
    I didn't say she was accurate, but she was aiming for precision in her presentation wasn't she?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #73
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I didn't say she was accurate, but she was aiming for precision in her presentation wasn't she?
    She just strikes me as far less precise in essence compared to most INTPs, even though she tries to look precise in presentation. That leads me to believe that perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.

    I suppose she could be an INTP, but she would be very different from most INTPs I know.

    She confuses me... I don't know whether she's an INTJ, an ISFP, an INFP, or something else.

  4. #74
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    Have you looked at Enneagram typing - the taxonomy not the New Agey metaphysics. Most INTP MBTI profiles describe type 5 behaviors. You seem more nine-ish. In fact, the cupcake thing smacks of INFP (they like sugary treats )
    A lot of INTP's come out as 9's. It goes along with the INP part.

    Anyone can like sugary sweets.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  5. #75
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    You seem more nine-ish. In fact, the cupcake thing smacks of INFP (they like sugary treats )
    Nah, I do not relate much to the 9 description and I test very low on 9. My current position is that I am 5w4 with a very strong 4 wing.

    And yes, most INFPs like cupcakes and sugary treats, but most of the rest of us also do. It would be weird to find someone who doesn't like a good cupcake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    But really, it doesn't seem very precise at all. I don't think she knows the exact number of times she's taken the test, and probably didn't calculate exact percentages.
    True. As I said, it was about 100 times that I've taken the test over the last 3 years. This isn't an exaggeration. As it has been so many times over so many years, my memory isn't going to be that precise. I do think it was somewhere around 8 times where I haven't tested as INTP (about 5 times INTJ, one time ENTP, one time INFP, and one time ISFP.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    She just strikes me as far less precise in essence compared to most INTPs, even though she tries to look precise in presentation. That leads me to believe that perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.
    What do you mean by "less precise in essence"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I suppose she could be an INTP, but she would be very different from most INTPs I know.
    She confuses me... I don't know whether she's an INTJ, an ISFP, an INFP, or something else
    Maybe I am just different, not just different from known INTPs. But then we are all different, so I shouldn't be this tricky. It is a bit confusing.

  6. #76
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    True. As I said, it was about 100 times that I've taken the test over the last 3 years. This isn't an exaggeration. As it has been so many times over so many years, my memory isn't going to be that precise. I do think it was somewhere around 8 times where I haven't tested as INTP (about 5 times INTJ, one time ENTP, one time INFP, and one time ISFP.)
    It just doesn't seem to me like a very Ti thing to do, to use made-up numbers and percentages to express the fact that you've consistently tested as INTP, excepting a few aberrations. I can understand that perhaps you wanted to paint a mental picture in our minds of how you've tested as INTP most of the time, and about how often you've tested as other types. Come to think of it, an INTP would be less interested in the results of a number of tests anyway, and more interested in the logic behind them.

    What do you mean by "less precise in essence"?
    Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language.

    Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.

    Maybe I am just different, not just different from known INTPs. But then we are all different, so I shouldn't be this tricky. It is a bit confusing.
    Yes... my hunch at this point would actually be on INTJ with unexpressed Te. The fact that you don't express your Te as strongly or directly as normal could be why it keeps coming up as Ti, and account for your lack of organizational skills usually associated with Js.

    I thought INFP at first, especially since you seemed so sure of INxP, but after thinking about it for a while... I remembered that INTJs who are depressed or have underdeveloped/unexpressed Te can "vibe" as INFPs at first, due to Ni-Fi. The thing that keeps throwing me off of that, is that I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned anything about identifying with Ni at all. But then again, it's not often described in a way that NJs tend to easily see within themselves. So I'm not sure. Maybe I just over-analyzed.

    Certain Enneagram types, if you believe in that, could be weakening your J enough that you seem more P, if by some chance you're not a P.

  7. #77
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    I'll write a longer response later, for now I'll just say that estimations and making up numbers are not the same thing... I thought that "consistently tested as INTP" wasn't quite precise enough
    But you make some interesting points.

  8. #78
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'll write a longer response later, for now I'll just say that estimations and making up numbers are not the same thing... I thought that "consistently tested as INTP" wasn't quite precise enough
    But you make some interesting points.
    Okay.... I guess my point was that it wasn't the same KIND of precision. It seems to me that INTPs would be more questioning of the logic behind the test, not trying to give you a precise idea of how many times they'd taken the tests and how their test scores as each type stood statistically.

    Although, I admit that when I was typing myself, I DID list off all the types I'd ever tested as. I just didn't mention how many times I'd tested as each one, because I didn't believe that that was relevant to how accurate each result was likely to be, especially after I understood the dynamics behind the test and could influence it.

  9. #79
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It just doesn't seem to me like a very Ti thing to do, to use made-up numbers and percentages to express the fact that you've consistently tested as INTP, excepting a few aberrations. I can understand that perhaps you wanted to paint a mental picture in our minds of how you've tested as INTP most of the time, and about how often you've tested as other types. Come to think of it, an INTP would be less interested in the results of a number of tests anyway, and more interested in the logic behind them.

    Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language.

    Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.
    Isn't this sort of what you were criticizing as "behaviorist", and like how the cognitive process test defines the functions?

    People with a particular functional perspective might tend to behave some way like that, but there might be some reason why they might not, at least on the surface.
    I looked a lot of the results of different tests for me, and at the time it may have looked like I was more interested in "playing with the theories" than the logic behind them, but ultimately, the latter is what I was interested in. I just had to sort through a lot of data, some of it conflicting, and some of this stuff is very confusing.

    I think the procedure for TiNe in cases like this is to try on something (a theory, type, etc), and then try to build a case for it with as much evidence as possible. (I have seen descriptions for INTP, or at least Ti like this somewhere). This is still rather tentative, and a lot of data will be tossed around and sorted through.
    It's not until the thing tried on is determined to be the most valid that we will, having made it our own, then work on precise explanations of it.
    We can use symbolic pictures as well, but it won't be as deep or persistent as an Ni dom.

    The T can make the type blunt at times, but it is still not directive like an ST or NJ, and from what I see, Luna doesn't seem to be directive.
    (While this is behavioral, it is still looking at it from a particular behavioral angle, which the functions aren't directly).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  10. #80
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language. Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.
    That is odd; I do not intend to be vague or symbolic. I intend to be clear and accurate. I think that often times stating things simply is more clear and just as precise as adding a bunch of other semi-relevant stuff for support.

    I’ve probably already mentioned this before, but my communication is probably peculiar for this forum because I am very slow at processing information and know very little about anything in comparison to the other members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I thought INFP at first, especially since you seemed so sure of INxP, but after thinking about it for a while... I remembered that INTJs who are depressed or have underdeveloped/unexpressed Te can "vibe" as INFPs at first, due to Ni-Fi. The thing that keeps throwing me off of that, is that I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned anything about identifying with Ni at all. But then again, it's not often described in a way that NJs tend to easily see within themselves. So I'm not sure. Maybe I just over-analyzed.
    I have also thought of INTJ, since I have been close on the J/P and have decent Te. The non-identification with Ni throws me off too. I do not get any sort of ‘sudden insights’ whatsoever, though perhaps I could blame that on the processing problems rather than typological preference. Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni, but any of the questions that mention things like ‘mystical’ and ‘symbolic’ are not my style of intuition at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Okay.... I guess my point was that it wasn't the same KIND of precision. It seems to me that INTPs would be more questioning of the logic behind the test, not trying to give you a precise idea of how many times they'd taken the tests and how their test scores as each type stood statistically.
    Yeah, the percentages are probably more of a Luna thing than a Ti thing. I am very interested in statistics and by taking a statistics class right now, this type of thing has only become worse =P

    I am interested in finding the logic behind the tests, it’s just that so far the only logic I see is “I answer a bunch of questions about me, and the test responds by spitting those back at me in a more concise format.” The problem is, the questions are sometimes pretty silly things that I pretty much guess at anyway because I don’t have a preference for either. I don't understand why the questions do this. This is why such a huge amount of tests is needed for me to see the real trend of my preferences.

Similar Threads

  1. Who is the person you admire most and what is his MBTI type
    By yenom in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
  2. What is your favorite type of weather?
    By NewEra in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 01:56 AM
  3. What is truly my type?
    By Willywallywoo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
  4. What is a shadowed type?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO