• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Luna's Type?

Type?

• Obvious INTP is obvious

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Probably INTP

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • ENTP

• ISTP

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ENFP

• Something else...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow Luna, can't believe that this thread is still active. I am changing my vote - INFPs just aren't that introspective (too busy saving humanity, etc).

ENTPs don't agonize over self analysis - dominant Ne requires enormous energy to spin a spiderweb of intuitive connections. They certainly aren't going to spend months agonizing over the question of MBTI type.

INTP - why is it so hard to accept that? Since you're not Einstein or Marie Curie then you must not be worthy of the title? Don't forget, Mary-Kate Olsen is INTP, too.

Got any cupcakes?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're still bouncing around between E/I and T/F, what; because of Enneagram, now?
I think it's pretty safe for you to just settle on iNTP.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow Luna, can't believe that this thread is still active. I am changing my vote - INFPs just aren't that introspective (too busy saving humanity, etc).

ENTPs don't agonize over self analysis - dominant Ne requires enormous energy to spin a spiderweb of intuitive connections. They certainly aren't going to spend months agonizing over the question of MBTI type.

INTP - why is it so hard to accept that? Since you're not Einstein or Marie Curie then you must not be worthy of the title? Don't forget, Mary-Kate Olsen is INTP, too.

Wait, what? :huh:

This is the first time I've heard about INFPs not being introspective.

And it is not like this isn't taking a ridiculous toll on my energy sometimes.....

It isn't hard for me to accept because of something as silly as not being worthy of being INTP (that is so far from the truth I don't even know where to start :p ): it is because something seemed wrong from the beginning..... if you read any of the stuff I said recently you would probably see why.

Got any cupcakes?

The cupcakes are on page 10. There's still a couple left.

So you're still bouncing around between E/I and T/F, what; because of Enneagram, now?
I think it's pretty safe for you to just settle on iNTP.

Not bouncing around too much anymore.
It isn't because of enneagram. It's because of a whole lot more than that.
But I don't think it's safe for me to settle on anything yet, especially not iNTP ;)
Why is that still the one to settle on? Just because that's what I started out the thread assuming?
Perhaps I'll make a new thread....

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, the whole E7 thing is what I remember you looking at last. I'm not sure what else you're going by now.
Still, it looks like all the other evidence stacks up in favor of INTP (with perhaps an ambiverted streak). Even other people seem to be moving over to that view.

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is the first time I've heard about INFPs not being introspective.
INFPs certainly ARE introspective when it comes to examining their own core values and Ne-ing those ideas into the external world. In contrast, INTPs are more detached when it comes to self analysis. They use Ne-intuition as a mirror to understand self based on Ti objective knowledge. INTP is both the scientist and the lab rat. There is a compulsive desire to know EXACTLY which MBTI type definition should be applied to the object of study, namely themselves.

The cupcakes are on page 10. There's still a couple left.
Thank you - the cupcake was excellent. Why is my tongue blue?

Last edited:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We use Ne-intuition as a mirror to understand self based on Ti objective knowledge.

Interesting that you use the word "mirror," as I was wondering about how a person is supposed to one's own "lenses" they are wearing. And a little while later I was like "duh, I need to use a mirror!" But then if "lenses" stands for one's dominant function, then what is my mirror? But then if Ne is kind of like a mirror.... drat, this metaphor is just going to fall apart :p

There is a compulsive desire to know EXACTLY which MBTI type definition should be applied to the object of study, namely ourselves.

Is this really so type-specific? Weird thing is that people in the beginning were saying things along the lines that true INTPs don't question their type, lol.

Thank you - the cupcake was excellent. Why is my tongue blue?

You are welcome. Are you trying to blame my cupcakes for your unusually colored tongue? You might just be an alien or something....

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs certainly ARE introspective when it comes to examining their own core values and Ne-ing those ideas into the external world. In contrast, INTPs are more detached when it comes to self analysis. We use Ne-intuition as a mirror to understand self based on Ti objective knowledge. INTP is both the scientist and the lab rat. There is a compulsive desire to know EXACTLY which MBTI type definition should be applied to the object of study, namely ourselves.
Yes, it was often said that the INFP was the introspective one (and anyone introspecting this must therefore must be one), but introspection is just a product of introversion--any dominant introverted function, especially the judgments.

the difference is in the rational content: are they analyzing technical or personal aspects of themselves? Hence, why Fi often gets connected with "being in touch with emotions". Emotions are part of the personal aspect of humans. Everyone has them, not just F types, but the Fi type is more likely to analyze himself based on them.

Ti analyzes according to the logical framework. The technical aspects of a theory that applies to humans. Like asking "which function am I using"? How do the different type models explain my behavior? Which of these type categories do I really fit into?
People used to say "anyone that unsure of their type and constantly trying on different ones must be an INFP". Now, it seems more are realizing that the INTP does this too, though for a different reason.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A Summary of Sorts

My current position is that I am 5w4 with a very strong 4 wing.

My current current position is that I only superficially relate to 4, since I fail at processing painful experiences and do not want to withdraw. I do still have a lot of 5 tendencies; the only problem is again that I don’t actually enjoy getting all reclusive.

I am still not very surprised, now that I remember the first time I took the test I tested as a type 7.

I am even less surprised now that I not only tested 7 once, but several times a couple years back. It confused me because I was so sure on the I, so I forgot about it, even though even then I could very well be “the enthusiast.” In addition, someone who knows me from outside the forum happens to think that I am an obvious 7. This description http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=10&MMN_position=34:34 helped me to see that I’m probably one of them, especially this part:

“While it is quite uncommon for Fours to mistype as Seven, it is not especially unusual for Sevens to initially mistype as Four. Fours are comfortable with their negative mental states, even sometimes choosing to inhabit them, whereas Sevens are in flight from pain. As a general rule, Sevens tend to overestimate the extent of their suffering and sadness because they find such mental states to be so threatening to their sense of self; they can therefore think of themselves as being more melancholic than they actually are. The melancholy of type Seven is primarily driven by anxiety however, whereas that of type Four has its roots in a feeling of worthlessness.
Although Fives do not tend to mistype as Seven, some Sevens do initially mistype as Five. Sevens and Fives are both thinking types who generally enjoy a wide range of intellectual and cultural activities. Both types can be idiosyncratic and counter-cultural, and Fives can become scattered and lose focus like Sevens. Nevertheless, Fives tend to be far more focused on their individual intellectual activities than are Sevens. In addition, Sevens are extroverts whereas Fives are true introverts, often pursuing a line of thought until they take it to the very end, unlike Sevens who tend to move on when the intellectual work becomes too immersed in detail. Sevens frequently underestimate the extent of their extroversion, giving them the sense that they are more Five-like than they actually are. Because they sometimes enjoy their time alone, they reason, they could not truly be extroverts. The overall pattern of the Seven's life, however, ought to reveal the pattern of seeking distraction by way of engaging others. The Five's life should reveal a pronounced pattern of withdrawing under stress.
Sevens and Six can mistype, especially if the wing is strong. Both types can be high energy and intellectual and both tend to have a quick nervous energy. Sevens, however, have a far more optimistic outlook on life than do Sixes who are generally aware of just what might go wrong. Sevens tend, overall, to be more averse to responsibility than Sixes. Sevens tend to look on the bright side whereas Sixes find it difficult to make light of their difficulties.”

It isn't because of enneagram. It's because of a whole lot more than that.

Well, what I should’ve said was “It isn’t just because of enneagram.” It is one of many indicators. Of course I could be one of those weird INTP 7 types but I don’t think that’s addressing the problem

And as far as “a whole lot more than that”…

what i mean by that is the subjects of thinking are located outside your mind. for instance, noticing a motif in a book, as opposed to pondering the nuances… seeing how two totally separate events or books or theories can be compared because of their inherent similarities. seeing how to overlap theories. taking information that is not self-generated and linking it to other not-self-generated information. whereas Fi and Ti incorporate external information, but their primary concern is your subjective understanding of the world.

By these criteria, I’m very much in between an internal and external focus. But as far as what energizes me at least, it’s external information connections by a long shot.

Getting out of the house to the world of stimulations energizes and tires me out at the same time.

Correction to this part: getting out, after a while, can tire me physically. Mentally, the fastest path to driving me mad with restlessness and loss of energy is to put me in a house with no internet, no one who will talk about anything interesting, and not being permitted to create any other external distractions.

Also, this http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29055-form-inferior-enps.html has been very helpful. It knows me too well…

In terms of percentages (and this one is made up this time), I’m about 99% sure I am Ne>Ni preference-wise :p

N is definitely the clearest letter.

I’m sticking with these statements for now. I think that a lot of the stuff that might seem S about me is better attributed to type 7, and I’m still terribly inept and unfamiliar with Ni style processing.

Both functions are interested in integrity, and are disinterested in external standards, but it's a completely different kind of integrity that is sought by each one. Ti seeks integrity in terms of being true to the nature of a system, true to certain logical principles that govern a system while analyzing it. Fi seeks integrity in terms of being true to subjectively defined (rather than objectively defined) principles that govern their own behavior and emotions.
Fi does not usually attempt to convey itself precisely, but rather attempts to capture itself in a more dramatic way... a more poetic way, because that is the only way it can be expressed. And only other Fi users can truly understand it... to someone who doesn't use Fi, it just tends to come across as schmaltzy and strange.

Based on this, I am clearly more of a Ti than Fi user. And I am kind of like :huh: with some of those sorts of poetic portrayals of values and self

So then, xNTP, but…

• Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.
I would've responded "exactly me" except for the world "unrelated" was in there. I find that my suggested ideas are related ;) So "mostly me"
  • Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
I either marked "exactly me" or "mostly me" for this one. It confused me because "random interconnections" is an oxymoron

I suspect these were intended to have something to do with Ne, but I am also picky about semantics, so refused to mark “exactly me” when the sentence included “random” or “unrelated.” None of the descriptions here http://cognitiveprocesses.com/ have anything to do with random or unrelatedness. Maybe the sharing of things found by Ne seem as such by someone on the outside sometimes, but that’s not the same thing :p

But the main point, was it was clearly the Ti that developed first for you, and pretty strong at that.

Maybe I did not look back far enough. Also, it was not like in that scenario that I wasn’t imagining all the ‘what ifs’ along the way. I just rationalized and solved each one and went on ahead anyway…

The key part where I don’t fit the ENTP description is regarding a quickness and fluency with conversations. I’m afraid this will always elude me.

But then how much does skill have to do with type?

I still don’t know. But what I do know now is that I get a LOT better at this depending on energy and mood.

Well I’m not going to rule it out so fast just because it has no votes :p I/E is probably just hard to judge on the internet, and IRL people are going to be thrown off just because I don’t talk very much.
Still, it looks like all the other evidence stacks up in favor of INTP (with perhaps an ambiverted streak). Even other people seem to be moving over to that view.

So yeah, at this point the poll is nonsense anyway :tongue: I think I am seeing different trends in the evidence than you are. And there is a different trend in my early posting history and on my time on Ventrilo. I also totally forgot that over a year ago I was trying to figure out this same issue but in a more indirect manner (threads like this and a bit of wrong assumptions threw me off :p ), and I even had similar questions when I first got wrapped up in personality “quizzes”.

And I'm still missing a bunch....

I’m seeing a pattern. ENTP. I still have my doubts but since the NT private forum doesn’t accept ‘Z’ and I don’t like the letter ‘X,’ it is currently the most helpful explanation for the mess of stuff that is Luna :yes:

And I am tired of taking this so seriously. So any future posts will surely be given consideration but I’m not doing anymore of this drowning in data.

Anyone want cupcakes?