3 9.09%
First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

So… I was looking at that thread about INFP/ENFP differences, and there were some interesting points there.

One of them was about E/I patterns in facebook statuses, and how INFPs would discuss feelings and family members, and ENFPs would discuss current events and things they are going to do: perhaps an indication of the external vs. internal focus. I have noticed a pattern in my facebook statuses of starting with noting a change in environment/events, and then making witty commentary on it. The one time I said something semi-serious in a status message, I totally drowned it in a cute and snarky metaphor. So perhaps a slightly more external focus there?

There was also a point about how an ENFP/ENFP discussion of a book would lead to a total shift in topic within 10 minutes. I suppose if I were to discuss a book with an ENxP, there is the chance that we could be talking about the same book in 10 minutes, but I can almost guarantee that the topic would’ve changed at least 10 times within that time

It was stated that INFPs will be more idea-oriented and ENFPs will be more people-oriented, because of Ne servicing Fi and Fi servicing Ne, respectively. I wonder if this applies the same or differently for the INTP/ENTP divide. I would consider myself more idea-oriented than people-oriented, but that could just be because of the T, or a real indication that Ne is auxillary rather than dominant.

Also on this…

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    as far as i understand it, the difference can be boiled down to:
    • INFPs have an easier time - expend the least energy - looking inside themselves.
    • ENFPs have an easier time - expend the least energy - looking at connections that occur outside their own minds.
    The looking at connections part I understand, but I don’t understand it happening outside our own minds… maybe I am still misunderstanding these functions.

hence social situations are often more regenerative and refreshing for an ENFP. if we're alone too much we get stuck in our heads, recirculating the same information over and over again, which is bad news.
    However, this is too true for me… in the absence of input I’ll get trapped in my head often, analyzing the same thing ad infinitum. I need to move on to something stimulating, and talking things through or else FAIL.

ime, sometimes social situations are regenerative and refreshing. not always. sometimes they are too much and make my head hurt. sometimes i love big parties; sometimes i have had enough. i need time to myself pretty much daily or i get agitated. however, i also need in-depth engagement and interaction with people, otherwise i go totally nuts in about 72 hours
    And I relate a lot with the above.

It's funny, the more that I am convincing people here that I'm an ambivert who leans I, the more I am starting to convince myself that I'm an ambivert who leans E... and speaking of that, how shall I throw away the poll I have going here? I don't think the poll is working anymore...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

you have me swaying ENTP now using my own arguments!!

The looking at connections part I understand, but I don’t understand it happening outside our own minds… maybe I am still misunderstanding these functions.
    what i mean by that is the subjects of thinking are located outside your mind. for instance, noticing a motif in a book, as opposed to pondering the nuances of how you feel about something (or i guess in your case, your Ti logic structures?). seeing how two totally separate events or books or theories can be compared because of their inherent similarities. seeing how to overlap theories. taking information that is not self-generated and linking it to other not-self-generated information. whereas Fi and Ti incorporate external information, but their primary concern is your subjective understanding of the world. often we don't feel very attached with Ne ideas, right? like you're just trying things out. you can argue a case so well other people believe it but you don't necessarily actually believe it, you're just trying to figure out how it could work that way. attachment only comes as a result of Fi or Ti determining that things are important and meaningful. and that was an inside judgment - external information can't ever really tell you that for certain. seeing things that are significant can be Ne, but knowing that things are important is Ji.

interesting about the facebook posts. i definitely am ENFP by that measure.

However, this is too true for me… in the absence of input I’ll get trapped in my head often, analyzing the same thing ad infinitum
    it sucks. so much.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

what i mean by that is the subjects of thinking are located outside your mind. for instance, noticing a motif in a book, as opposed to pondering the nuances of how you feel about something (or i guess in your case, your Ti logic structures?). seeing how two totally separate events or books or theories can be compared because of their inherent similarities. seeing how to overlap theories. taking information that is not self-generated and linking it to other not-self-generated information. whereas Fi and Ti incorporate external information, but their primary concern is your subjective understanding of the world.
    Ahhh ok. That one is really tricky....

often we don't feel very attached with Ne ideas, right?
    Oh of course not. Can't be attached to all that nonsense

like you're just trying things out. you can argue a case so well other people believe it but you don't necessarily actually believe it, you're just trying to figure out how it could work that way. attachment only comes as a result of Fi or Ti determining that things are important and meaningful. and that was an inside judgment - external information can't ever really tell you that for certain. seeing things that are significant can be Ne, but knowing that things are important is Ji
    Yeah I think I experiment a lot more than making a decision on importance....

you have me swaying ENTP now using my own arguments!!
    Like now I have you swaying this way when really I am still trying things out

Perhaps this should sway my direction?

So.... this is what I am thinking that others are thinking now:

I suspect most are thinking "This Luna person has overanalyzed this issue for nearly 15 pages. Therefore, she must be INTP after all!"

But then some are thinking now "But look at the test results she's been getting lately. Life Surfer, enneagram 7, SLUEI. If she isn't ENTP, I'll eat my own socks..."

And some are still in the camp of "She's way too obsessed with her identity to be anything other than NF..."

And some are like "She's in such terrible Sensor denial I'm not even going to bother...."

And the rest are like "Um.... who's Luna?"

If I could remake my poll, I would make those the options

So basically this is what is in the way of my decison, and more specifically it's those darn functions. I cannot see my own lens (lead function).

I guess I am stuck then But I am learning to like falling outside of the system for a little while....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

what if you're ENTP 5w4?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I can be one of those? Do they exist? Well I could be the first one in existence of course, but I'd need to still be careful that I am truly NeTi, and truly 5w4 rather than 7w6, or else it doesn't solve much other than saying I'm a weird combination of stuff....

ThatGirl

F

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Proceed to the the "Luna's an F" camp then. It's right on a lake and features lots of mud wrestling and playing pranks on the other nearby campers. Once you've had all your fun with that, help me find my F...

ThatGirl

Read the thread...scratch that....step back and look at the thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Do you expect me to believe you read through all of that?

*looks at thread*

now what?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Drat, thought I would finally get somewhere with that debate Oh well....

Anyway, here is my process of elimination with that.

I may be decently strong at Fi, but Ti is always betta'. My values do not run much deeper than "that is awesome!" or "that's just messed up." But I can run deeper with an impersonal analysis.

I may be decently strong at Fe too, but if it's in my top two then it would require me to be strong in Ni or Si for there to be a real type, and I fail at those. That eliminates several other types as well.

I guess I could be xSTP, but other than enjoying sensations and playing games with facts, I pretty much fail at sensing.

I guess I could be ENFP with some weird FiTe thing going on there, but that still doesn't seem quite right....

In summary, I'm pretty stuck with xNxP, leaning to T. But please do present counterarguments if they are out there.