MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You're considering ENTP now, Luna?

Actually... I guess I could see that. It seems more likely than INTP. You could very well be a Ti user, I just can't see you as Ti dominant... you seem more N than T.
    Well... if you check out the OP you can see that I was considering it from the beginning. The considering is just a lot more serious now, to put it shortly. I have been discussing it for the past few pages.

I guess the question here is, do I also seem more S or F than N?

Perhaps I'm not Ti dominant, but I'm confused by how much you don't see it as a possibility. From your thread on doublethinking, it is apparent that I am wayyyyyy more concerned with logical consistency, whereas your thought process is interesting yet very foreign. I am also super focused on getting at the definition of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Fi-doms follow deep personal convictions rather than social values, making them appear somewhat original and unconventional. At the same time, this makes it very hard to type Fi based on a prefixed set of questions. Having your own unique set of convictions, you could very well find yourself to be answering different in the typology test spectrums that test for Fi, whilest you are still using Fi in the process. That is, if you are an INFP.
    In this case, I don't know what to do anymore. If Fi is this much of a chameleon function then typing is going to be close to impossible. But, from my research, so many INFPs do show up as Fi dominant on the tests that I'm not sure to what extent this is true. Is there a way to possibly isolate what is truly Fi preference from everything else?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yup, if in fact it is Fi that causes you to answer 'outside' of the MTBI box in the tests, you can always make the test and write down your reasons for your answers, and the reasons you don't give the other answers. Then give the test with the answers and your reasoning to someone that knows a lot about MBTI, and he/she will no doubt be able to analyze your answers with great accuracy and properly deduce which cognative functions are more present than others.

There are prolly a ton of other ways, but that's a fairly simple one that comes to mind that can definately deduce wether or not your answers on the test and reasonings coincide with the intended cognative functions stated for the various questions in the test. Or wether there are in fact cognative functions present influencing your answers in ways the MTBI test did not account for.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

There have been a lot of threads about Fi here. Have you read descriptions of what Fi is, by actual FPs? Do you identify with them at all? In my case, that was what got rid of any lingering thoughts that I might be an INFP. I have scored very high on Fi on those function tests, but when I read stuff about Fi by actual NFPs, it's clear that isn't me. I used to think it was the same thing as "introspectiveness" or "knowing yourself", and it's not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^ I am still looking for more threads about it, but I have looked through this one http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...a-woolf-2.html , which led me to believe I am more of a Ti-user than Fi-user. I am not constantly evaluating what is true for me (though a lot of times I am), I am constantly evaluating what is true. It just happens that this thread is all about me

Looks like this is still getting tangled in with the definition of introspection. I'll find another discussion on it then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Lenore Thomson describes Fi as "encouraging a personal relationship to an evolving pattern". That is, arriving at rational decisions by putting yourself in the situation and seeing how you would feel. It thus taps into universal values.

Here, just recently, using this definition, I discuss how it often comes to play for me as an INTP. http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive...ml#post1103678
    So you can see how it compares for you.
    Many of those other descriptions (knowing yourself, the stuff on the cognitive process test such as "knowing what you want", etc. are behaviors that tangentially connect to the Fi definition, but then become Forer effects as any type can relate to them to some extent.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Well... if you check out the OP you can see that I was considering it from the beginning. The considering is just a lot more serious now, to put it shortly. I have been discussing it for the past few pages.
    Ah, I suppose I lost sight of the OP in the midst of all the posts that were going onto the subject of Ti vs. Fi.
    I guess the question here is, do I also seem more S or F than N?
    Oh, definitely not, IMO. N is definitely the clearest letter.
    Perhaps I'm not Ti dominant, but I'm confused by how much you don't see it as a possibility. From your thread on doublethinking, it is apparent that I am wayyyyyy more concerned with logical consistency, whereas your thought process is interesting yet very foreign. I am also super focused on getting at the definition of stuff.
    I wouldn't use that thread as an indicator of my usual thought process.

I'm just capable of using doublethink, mostly in social situations. When it comes to a situation that isn't social, I'm much more inclined to focus on definition and precision. When I first arrived on this forum, I used a LOT of Ti... I've gotten quite mentally lazy recently, but if you read some of my earlier posts, you would see that I'm capable of being quite obsessive about precision when it comes to technical subjects.

In this case, I don't know what to do anymore. If Fi is this much of a chameleon function then typing is going to be close to impossible. But, from my research, so many INFPs do show up as Fi dominant on the tests that I'm not sure to what extent this is true. Is there a way to possibly isolate what is truly Fi preference from everything else?
    I don't think that Fi can be that much of a chameleon function... that definition that Fluffywolf offered is too simplistic. If one were to go with his definition, then there would be little or no difference between Ti and Fi, to the point of making Ti a redundant function.

Ti is a function that tries to define things precisely, with the end goal of achieving a clear understanding of the topic in question that is logically consistent. Personal significance, and one's own set of values, are not particularly important... in fact, that would be the most repressed factor in this kind of thinking, while I believe it predominates in Fi.

Fi is a function that tries to work out what one believes in, and values, and strives to be consistent with itself and the values of the one using it. Ti is most interested in being faithful and consistent to the material, regardless of one's own beliefs or values. Fi is most interested in being faithful and consistent with oneself, regardless of whether or not that conflicts with the material.

Both functions are interested in integrity, and are disinterested in external standards, but it's a completely different kind of integrity that is sought by each one. Ti seeks integrity in terms of being true to the nature of a system, true to certain logical principles that govern a system while analyzing it. Fi seeks integrity in terms of being true to subjectively defined (rather than objectively defined) principles that govern their own behavior and emotions.

Fi does not usually attempt to convey itself precisely, but rather attempts to capture itself in a more dramatic way... a more poetic way, because that is the only way it can be expressed. And only other Fi users can truly understand it... to someone who doesn't use Fi, it just tends to come across as schmaltzy and strange.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't think that Fi can be that much of a chameleon function... that definition that Fluffywolf offered is too simplistic. If one were to go with his definition, then there would be little or no difference between Ti and Fi, to the point of making Ti a redundant function.
    It's not the cognative functions that are at fault, but the simplistic nature of the questions in MBTI tests that I assaulted. I think you misunderstood my post there. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

In response to a couple suggestions, I dissected a little bit of my responses to this test http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-lon...rsonality-test , and this one http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

• In making up your mind about something, are you more likely to go by (a) Data and facts (b)Desires and feelings

I try to rely on data and facts as much as I can, but it’s also important to go with what I desire if it’s relevant to me. I chose A.

• In sizing up others do you tend to be (a) Objective and impersonal (b) Friendly and personal

I’m very hesistant to evaluate people personally anything beyond “that person is awesome.” If the need arises, I will get objective and impersonal.

• At a party, do you (a) Interact with many, even strangers (b) Interact with a few friends

I’ve been to very few parties :P The only ones I tend to go to are dances. There, I’ll go and dance all crazylike with whoever I know who allows me to be seen with them I’ll get energized, but then crash about an hour before the party ends. Anyway, I had no clue how to answer this one and picked one randomly.

• Does interacting with strangers (a) Energize you (b) Tax your reserves

Along the same lines as the above question, I have no clue how to answer this one and randomly picked. It does both. It will tax my reserves more if the people are boring and I’m just sitting there listening to stuff that doesn’t make any sense, and it will energize me if there is something interesting that I can actually respond to.

• At work or school, is it more natural for you to (a) Point out mistakes regardless of who made them (b) Try to please others regardless of their rank

(a) for sure. I’m not very concerned with pleasing people, and it doesn’t matter if the person who made the mistake is four years old, or the President of the United States, they still need to be aware of their mistakes :P

• Do you think of yourself as (a) An outgoing person (b) A private person

Another one of these questions… I’m not private OR outgoing. Random selection again.

• Which is more of a compliment: (a) There’s a logical person (b) There’s a selfless thoughtful person

Being a logical person is a good thing to be, should be kind of a default though… thoughtful is also good, but selfless? Yuck. The only way you can be sure you are taken care of is to take care of yourself first.

• Are you the kind of person who (a) Is rather talkative (b) Doesn’t miss much

Picked (b), even though I still miss a lot. I am very far from talkative, lol.

• If you need to figure something out (a) I think through it alone, then share the results (b) I think better if I can talk through it out loud

I usually have to think through things alone because I fail with talking through problems with others. Their approaches are usually way different and I process speech way too slowly to keep up. Chose (a), though if I was capable of talking through problems with people more it would probably help a lot.

And this was the result:
    INTP - the Architect
    You scored 45% I to E, 32% N to S, 62% F to T, and 89% J to P!

• Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

I would've responded "exactly me" except for the world "unrelated" was in there. I find that my suggested ideas are related So "mostly me"

• Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.

"Exactly me." I am totally guided by definitions.

• Feel strongly that something is good or bad.

"Somewhat me." Sometimes I get strong feelings but most of the time I am just not concerned enough.

• Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.

Would've marked "exactly me" except for the part about "what is good." What is that supposed to mean? Marked "mostly me."

• Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.

I either marked "exactly me" or "mostly me" for this one. It confused me because "random interconnections" is an oxymoron

• Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.

"Exactly me." Um, who wouldn't? It would be a contradiction to not be happy and enjoying what you want.

• Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.

"Exactly me." Yes, have to get more than one framework involved to really get to some problem solving.

• Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.

"Mostly me." Gotta stay authentic...

• Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.

"Exactly me.' Always on the lookout for what is not fitting (contradicting) the definition or principle.

• Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.

"Exactly me." Why have limits when you can throw them out the window and find more ideas in the process?

• Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.

Marked either "mostly me" or "sometimes me." The choice of the word "harmonize" confuses me. It's about consistent beliefs for me.

• Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.

"Mostly me." I like to take things apart to the ittiest bittiest pieces, but I am finding that if I spend too much time taking it apart that I'll get bored sometimes.

• Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.

"Exactly me." Seriously, I don't know which function this question is for... seems enneagram 5-ish more than anything else.

• Trust what emerges from brainstorming.

"Mostly me." I'll trust it as far as I can throw it.... over to be analyzed and checked and all that. Would be crazy to trust it enough to act on any thing that pops into my mind

Came up with this:

Extraverted intuiting (Ne) 44.9
    Introverted thinking (Ti) 44
    Introverted feeling (Fi) 34.7
    Extraverted thinking (Te) 32.9
    Introverted intuiting (Ni) 26.7
    Extraverted sensing (Se) 23.8
    Introverted sensing (Si) 19.5
    Extraverted feeling (Fe) 14.3

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

First time I've tested as Ne-dominant in like 2 years. Weirdly, I still get the result of INTP.

Now back to the originally scheduled programming...

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

i dunno enough about typology to dissect your answers and tell ya what type you are, but, you seem INTP to me...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't imagine any type other than INTP dissecting the test questions to the extent you have.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne