MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Lightbulb

This is the way I am starting to see things now:

Basically I want to get to what type best 'defines' me, though looking at multiple perspectives.

But through it all, I was listing my type and replying as if I'm certainly INTP. I'm trying to look at all the ideas out there, but under it all I'm running a Ti-Si loop of "INTP must be what best defines me. It is what makes sense. That is what it has always been for the past 4 years and it works."

So then, the other day, my Ne went and slapped my Ti-Si loop. "What are you doing? Acting like you are totally open but still running that silly loop! There's this idea to go with over to this one, and...."

Then Te is like "Ne is actually right. This is totally ineffective. If you are going to do a 'What's My Type?' thread, do it right."

and Ni through it is like "a Ti-Si loop... (that thing, and that thing, and whatnot) it's all starting to come together now!"

Then the Ti-Si loop replies "well if this is the title for this thought loop that I can be described as, then that shows even better that Luna is best defined as INTP"

and Fe reminds me "Goodness Luna! You're making things so difficult for these people. You'll need to provide extra cupcakes for this."

and Fi argues "Cupcakes are nice, but she isn't being difficult. It's all part of the self-discovery journey..."

and Se intrudes "You've been on the computer too long.... type this up later and get dressed, and drink some water, and..."

Anyway, I went and threw my type out the window, for now.

and here's some cupcakes that should last a while

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

So many cupcakes!!!

And my vote is still spread between INTP and possibly INFP if its possibly just other stuff contributing that make you seem more T...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

To oversimplify things again, my perspective right now is that I am either:

an underfocused INTP

an underenergized ENTP

a value-shallow INFP

an indecisive INTJ

or a spacey ISTP

Now all I need to do is choose

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

The plot thickens....

I took another enneagram test, and was careful with it to make sure I wasn't just answering about what my MBTI type is.

Type 1 5
    Type 2 1
    Type 3 6
    Type 4 3
    Type 5 7
    Type 6 5
    Type 7 6
    Type 8 3
    Type 9 0

First of all, what happened to my 4? I'm still way focused on being weird.

Second, if I am a 5, what am I supposed to have as a wing?

Third, I have done some research that shows that ENTPs are usually either type 7 or 3. Coincidence?

Four, I am still not very surprised, now that I remember the first time I took the test I tested as a type 7. The description looked too extraverted for me, so I dismissed it and took my second highest result to become a 5w6. But nowadays I realize that the type 5 description is also too introverted for me.

Conclusion: this, along with countless other stuff I have uncovered, indicates that I may be best described as an ENTP/INTP hybrid. Though this isn't much of a conclusion, I need to pick one :P Should I flip a coin? Should I look into more of the INFP and INTJ stuff before I begin rushing into things? I did take a look at this: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/8keys.html and found that I relate more to Ne/Si over Ni/Se, and slightly more to Ti/Fe over Te/Fi. Those pairs are actually starting to make sense now.

Maybe I am just talking to myself over and over at this point. After 3 continuous days, it's getting tiring now, so I'll probably end up going with the coin flip

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I'll contribute more in a couple days when I have time to think,lol.
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

There are tons of things I have found out over the past week. I should point out that these are only some of the main points, as to not write a whole book about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I think I am equal parts enneagram 4 and 5. I am obsessed with both individuality and competence. Kind of an alien analyzing the earth...
    But 5w4 makes sense in that I am 7-like during stress and 8-like while strong.
    Through the things I’ve discovered recently, I’ll have to revise this a bit.
    Yes, I do like to be an individual, but other than that… some of the enneagram 4 stuff is just not right at all.

Also, I have found that I am also very 7-like in my healthiest states as well, and 8-like during some of my weakest states.

The enneagram thing is tricky in itself, so there is another thread I have dedicated just for that.

I don't think I am mixing up Ne and Ti: they are pretty different things. Ne generates ideas and Ti refines them, basically. They almost undo each other. Whatever I am, I'm something with strong Ti.
    To add on to this, I still think Ti a lot and not as some Ne/Something else blend. But now I see that I was probably overlapping the characteristics of Ne and Fi a bit, and mixed up a more Ne-style idealism for the NF temperament. Perhaps this is throwing off others as well.

I've really overdeveloped the Te to the point where I give a slight INTJ impression sometimes. But a lot of it is developed because (1) I'd get absolutely nothing followed through without it, and (2) I grew up with a couple of ExTJs.
    Furthermore, it seems like this has developed as a need because I am so heavily Perceiving. I noticed that often it wasn’t desirable to others when I would talk about ideas ad infinitum without a plan or whatnot, so I looked to my very-ENTJ sister and said “I’ve got to be like her instead!” Alas, I am no ENTJ, so while I did pick up some good ways of organization and decision from her, I’m still terribly indecisive and on top of it I look more bossy and cold than under control when trying to use Te to direct others.

My Fe isn't that pathetic, but "harmonizing group values and respected societal norms"? I'm the opposite of group values and social norms
    To add on to this, I think I actually do have a good Fe preference for an NT, just not this style of Fe :P

Per this definition, http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/ex...edfeeling.html , I like to connect to people and tell them all about me (if they’ll give me the chance). I am also friendly and somewhat kind. I’m just not one to really harmonize or go with what the norm is.

I also do identify a little more with the INTPs here than the members of another type, but not strong enough to really form a 'pack.'
    And I am finding now that those that I identify with on here most are the more Ne-heavy INTPs, and some of the more introvert-like ENTPs. Perhaps this is an indication of something…

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Since you mention Phlegmatic and Choleric, then the Phlegmatic part (assuming it was Inclusion) would suggest INTP. If you were ENTP, you would be Sanguine-Choleric (and also, as I think I mentioned, 7w8).
    So no, I don't think ENTP. (and it has no votes so far, as well).
    Well I’m not going to rule it out so fast just because it has no votes :P I/E is probably just hard to judge on the internet, and IRL people are going to be thrown off just because I don’t talk very much. (It’s important to note though that when I do talk, I probably show enthusiasm with it. But I can’t say for sure because I do not see me.) I also think that the tests are underestimating my sanguineness. (The question of enneagram type is on my other thread).

Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni…
    And I have researched this further and now I sort of have a grasp on what Ni is like. I have seen that I can use Ni sometimes, just not enough to be an INxJ.
    In terms of percentages (and this one is made up this time), I’m about 99% sure I am Ne>Ni preference-wise :P

Maybe I am just talking to myself over and over at this point. After 3 continuous days, it's getting tiring now, so I'll probably end up going with the coin flip
    For this reason:
    I assure you that if reason and evidence show that I am another type, I will change my type, and attempt to move on with my life after this grand 4-year delusion
    I have decided against the coin flip. Changing my type after nearly 4 years needs to be something that I take seriously and carefully. Especially with an important divide like the I/E one is.

So, when I do remove that little ‘x’ there, it is after tons of exploration and figuring things out on my part. It’ll be that I seriously think that is my type of best fit.

I seriously do like (i.e. desperately desire) seeing other perspectives on this (and I thank those who have dared to question my type, including the very brave person who voted ISTP...), so if you think I’ve missed something important, please tell.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Just now my Ti-Ne senses spoke to me and say "INFP seems a possible fit, if you factor in everything said to the function order of INFP's and their potential for diversity with emphasis on extraverted intuition and thinking, especially the extraverted thinking part which is said to drain energy away from INFP's, possible causing a spacey/dreamy character."

So I said to my Ti-Ne senses "Hey, you know, you could be right!". "Duh, ofcourse I can.". "I can't say we're all that good informed though, we hardly know her, but it couldn't hurt to at least post this right?". Ofcourse my Ti-Ne senses responded with "Nonsense! That will take up a few minutes of your time, valuable time I could be spending on something new!". But this time, I was the boss of my Ti-Ne senses. And so my Ti-Ne senses are currently moping in a far away reach of my brain. Thus here I am, depicting you as an INFP, and probably risking getting shunned because of it! But I don't care. And I just heard my Ti-Ne senses mope around about how this is all on me, and they had -nothing- to do with it, so neither does my Ti-Ne senses.

Besides, if there is anything that can screw up an mbti test and leave you pondering on your type for several years, it is being Fi-dom. :>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^

You make some good points, which I will respond with these points:

Wouldn't any exercise in figuring out one's type be, to some extent, an exercise in Fi? And then, to type me based on this, wouldn't this lead to the conclusion that only an IxFP can doubt their type? Seems kind of silly and circular.

I've only been seriously been questioning my type for a week now, previous to that I was simply looking for more input, while still being very secure in my preferences. I think part of what bugs me about this week of indecision is that my Fi is kind of immature in relation to true INFPs. My observations of 'who I really am' and whatnot are rather superficial it seems. But Fi, by definition, is necessary for determining my type, so it is expected that you are going to see a lot of it from me in this thread.

I'm not shunning you, it is just that this point has been brought up A LOT and I am trying to figure this part out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You're considering ENTP now, Luna?

Actually... I guess I could see that. It seems more likely than INTP. You could very well be a Ti user, I just can't see you as Ti dominant... you seem more N than T.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fi-doms follow deep personal convictions rather than social values, making them appear somewhat original and unconventional. At the same time, this makes it very hard to type Fi based on a prefixed set of questions. Having your own unique set of convictions, you could very well find yourself to be answering different in the typology test spectrums that test for Fi, whilest you are still using Fi in the process.

That is, if you are an INFP.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf