• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9w1 or 1w9?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 9 - 8.7
Type 5 - 6.7
Type 1 - 6
Type 4 - 5.3
Type 2 - 4.7
Type 8 - 2

Wing 9w1 - 11.7
Wing 1w9 - 10.4
Wing 9w8 - 9.7
Wing 5w4 - 9.4
Wing 4w5 - 8.7
Wing 1w2 - 8.4
Wing 2w1 - 7.7
Wing 5w6 - 7.4
Wing 8w9 - 6.4
Wing 4w3 - 6.2
Wing 2w3 - 5.6
Wing 8w7 - 3.2

My recent scores has got me thinking. What if I was actually a 1w9 instead of a 9w1?

It doesn't sound so far fetch now that I think about it. From what I've read so far, a 9w1 SX/SO can look a lot like a dominant 1 instead of a wing 1. The integration and disintegration also seems easier to identify with than that of 9w1.

Integration to 7 sounds more like me than an integration to type 3. When I'm not as stressed, I am more relaxed and less self-doubting (worrying that I will mess up,) and my general attitude is just have fun.

For disintegration, 4 sounds more likely than a 6. Or rather, I think I sound very 4-like when I am under stress.

At times, I really don't think I am as 9 ish as I think I am. I'm not the most relaxed person. Outwardly, I seem a bit too stable. Inwardly, I'm constantly thinking. Whether it be fixing something, how about doing something, or going about what I've just said, there is this underlying factor to improve myself (both my own standards and other people's standards,) even if it is just a tiny bit.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In that regard, with your 1 and 9 enneagram levels being so equal in strength, the important thing to consider is what list of trait fits you the best; laidback, peaceful and optimistic, or perfectionist, righteous, and pure? Are you more of the perfect moral person who sometimes likes to relaxe or the cool/chill guy who sometimes goes up in arms when someone does something morally wrong?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In that regard, with your 1 and 9 enneagram levels being so equal in strength, the important thing to consider is what list of trait fits you the best; laidback, peaceful and optimistic, or perfectionist, righteous, and pure? Are you more of the perfect moral person who sometimes likes to relax or the cool/chill guy who sometimes goes up in arms when someone does something morally wrong?

"Perfect" moral person. However, I don't see myself as a perfect person. In that manner, I think of ways that I can improve upon myself. But at the same time, I'm not really that perfectionistic, or at least not how I see myself. I suppose, I am the hardest on myself. But I also leave enough space for myself to slack off and relax (or maybe a bit too much.) I don't seek perfection in me or in others.

I look cool/chill, but that is just the exterior. I'm not as cool/chill as I/people think I am. Underneath the exterior is a bit of everything. "Still water runs deep" is probably the best expression that I can use. People say I think too much or that I need to relax.

How I act depends on the severity of the situation. One of the easiest words that seem to point towards type one is that I keep my anger(or any emotion I find counter to the situation) under control (rather than denying my anger.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w1 - Seeking Peace and Rightness

•LifeExplore

Tend to have been "model children." Instinctively worked to please their parents by being virtuous, orderly, and little trouble. When awakened, they have great moral authority plus good-hearted peacemaking tendencies. Often have a sense of mission, public or private, that involves working hard for the welfare of everyone they are committed to. Principled expression of love. Desire to contribute, do little harm. May be well-liked, modest, endearing, gentle yet firm. Some have great grace and composure with bursts of spontaneity and sweetness. Elegant simplicity. When entranced, they tend to be self-neglectful. May go passively dead and operate from a dubious, fractured morality. Dutiful to what they shouldn't be. Play the good child, disappear into contexts, settle for being overlooked or just partly recognized. Passive tolerance of absurd or damaging situations. One-sided relationships where the Nine gives too much. Rationalize, minimize, tell themselves they had a great childhood, everything's fine. Placid numbness creeps over them. Intolerance of their own emotions. Gradually deaden their soul.

1w9 - Seeking Rightness and Peace

•LifeExplore

Ones with this wing can have an aura of 9-like calm although eruptions of temper are possible. Often have a detached quality and can be mistaken for Fives. Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength. When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations. More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet. May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what. Can be merciless or unwittingly cruel. Often a little colorless in their personal appearance. Many Ones with this wing are plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle. Practicality is highly valued.

If you are the Enneagram Type 1 with the 9 Wing, you desire to appear patrician. You see yourself as classic, casually elegant, simple, relaxed and natural.

If you are the Enneagram Type 9 with the 1 Wing, you desire to appear elusive. You see yourself as pragmatic, clear, collected, funny, calm and harmonious.

Also, assuming that your instinctual variant is Sx/So, here are some examples from different types:

[youtube=wEUGF3NGbPg]Luke Skywalker 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=Y2Li5uimRcs]Tom Petty 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=f_QgROhJWcs]Katharine Hepburn 1w9 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=oT1vXTkK10I]Rupert Giles 1w9 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=dslipXaezGk]Harvey Dent/Two-Face 1w9 Sx/So[/youtube]

Ithink the differences are pretty clears, so coult identify the yours easily.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Takeru
"Perfect" moral person. However, I don't see myself as a perfect person. In that manner, I think of ways that I can improve upon myself. But at the same time, I'm not really that perfectionistic, or at least not how I see myself. I suppose, I am the hardest on myself. But I also leave enough space for myself to slack off and relax (or maybe a bit too much.) I don't seek perfection in me or in others.

Maybe your 9w1 then?

Have you ever asked other you now how they see you, as opposed as to how you see yourself?

I look cool/chill, but that is just the exterior. I'm not as cool/chill as I/people think I am. Underneath the exterior is a bit of everything. "Still water runs deep" is probably the best expression that I can use. People say I think too much or that I need to relax.

How I act depends on the severity of the situation. One of the easiest words that seem to point towards type one is that I keep my anger(or any emotion I find counter to the situation) under control (rather than denying my anger.)

I would say this leans closer to one rather then nine.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading your post, I'm going to go completely off of intuition and say I think you're a 1

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you ever asked other you now how they see you, as opposed as to how you see yourself?.

Depends from person to person.

Overall, I've been told by others that I am generally quiet.

Some have even told me that my expression was like a robot or something. My facial expression being not too expressive...I do seem to laugh easily though. I do tend to use a lot of body movements too.

When I'm more carefree and relaxed, I am like a different person or something. Like I was withholding myself.

Others have said I seem to just be about having a good/fun time. But these people tend to be the people I'm close to.

[youtube=dslipXaezGk]Harvey Dent/Two-Face 1w9 Sx/So[/youtube]

Is there a 1w9 SO/SX?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Takeru
Depends from person to person.

Overall, I've been told by others that I am generally quiet.

Some have even told me that my expression was like a robot or something. My facial expression being not too expressive...I do seem to laugh easily though. I do tend to use a lot of body movements too.

When I'm more carefree and relaxed, I am like a different person or something. Like I was withholding myself.

Others have said I seem to just be about having a good/fun time. But these people tend to be the people I'm close to.

Seems like 9w1 now.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think Two-Face is an So/Sx. Other than that, what type do you feel you relate the most after seen theses videos?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
help, whoops :p

I know it's posted that I'm 1w9, but I'm having doubts. I know the last post on this thread was six years old. Help, anybody?

Edit - never mind, I figured it out

Last edited: