• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For the Last Time

T

ThatGirl

I want everyone to agree on what type I am.

It seems like some people adamantly type me as N, other swear up and down that I am an S. Others are sure that I am an E, yet others....you get the idea.

The only thing that has never been highly questioned is whether I am an F or not.

So here is what I know.

I love to theorize, just not about anything that is super important. Taking long hours theorizing how to act before doing it drives me crazy. By the time you act, what ever conclusion you came up with for three days ago is going to be less efficient, since by now the situation has likely changed somewhat. You go back to theorize that? Now you are stuck analyzing and never doing. Analyzing things like, black holes, and other things that have no real world application are fine, as long as it is for fun.

I pick up on subtleties. Not the words that are coming out of someones mouth, the subtleties they may not even be aware they are showing. I have never had a problem calling people out who may be going through some long explanation, and will sooner say, "This is what I think is actually going on." Lets, get to the point.

I hate one on one conversations, actually it isn't so much that I hate them, I really suck at them. Bad. I feel uncomfortable one on one. I would much rather be a heckling voice in the background that sometimes is taken notice of and other times fading in, than the center of attention. I also hate large groups. Places like Disneyland put me on edge, and I seriously have to go into "retreat to my brain" mode, stay very focused, just to tolerate it.

I am a strong enneagram eight. I hate to be controlled on any level. If I think someone is trying to manipulate me or sway me in some way, I go into war mode. I will not tolerate being spoken AT ever, but TO.

I am stubborn as fuck, and will only incorporate other peoples ideas if they make perfect sense to me, and are better than the idea I already held.

I am incredibly sensitive, but not afraid of emotions. I tend to sometimes make people sad, mad, frustrated, by speaking truthfully on a subject I hold little emotional value to, but others seem to take as very emotional. I don't feel it myself, to me that is just the truth, to others it was an emotional reaction.

I tend to bring out the worst qualities in others after a while. Sometimes I speculate that it is my influence or they may be trying to incorporate some characteristic of mine (towards life) into their personality and then use it against me. I am not being crazy here, I have done many experiments with not being such a strong personality with some and letting go with others. They usually misinterpret my intention and become assholes (I could name several examples).

I have been known to focus on the negative, that is because to me, the positive doesn't need attention. Its all good. I know it is there, recognize it and appreciate it, but try not to mess with a good thing.

I tend to be a huge idealist to a fault. I know exactly what an outcome or situation needs in order to be perfect. This has been a huge downfall in my life, because if I encounter conflict, like someone standing in the way, or someone taking a stance to not make it happen. I will sooner give the whole idea up, since it has already been tampered with, and lost its luster for perfection.

As a result most of the perfect things, moments, I encounter, are things I have done behind the scenes without anyone else's awareness and been able to view the finished result.

I opperate a lot from behind the scenes for this reason. Actually it is like the world has their own thing going on, while I am like the little kid sitting in the corner playing with blocks by myself. I tend to hide in the background, weave through others, and have my own goals, and own life outside of the rest of what everyone else thinks is going on or important.

I am however an optimist. I don't think anything is impossible, and almost never take no for an answer. The way I see it, if I am willing to accept a no, I shouldn't have wanted it in the first place. If I don't accept no, eventually I will get there in one way, or one one plane or another (see the whole weaving through the background thing).

I am not manipulative at ALL, as a matter of fact I love and respect humanity, though I will at times send out messages to see just how open someone else is to a certain idea, before ever approaching them on it. Sometimes the more go signals I get, the closer I become to presenting the idea. Then when I bust out the proposal, someone believes I have led them to accepting that conclusion. I see it as they led me to being comfortable enough to present it to them. No one is ever forced.

As you guys may know, I am a bit abrasive and loud. I do have an inner filter though which causes me to hold onto beliefs like, always leave it better than you found it. It is not so much a care for the thing itself, but also a sense of worth in knowing that I have made some sort of positive impression on anything I have encountered, or at the very least left it neutral. I believe it is wrong to make fun of people or their situations if they are either working on it, or have no ability to change it. You wouldn't see me ever making fun of someone for being ugly, for example, or talking shit to someone who works, because they don't make enough money.

What you will see is my pointing out that if someone is unhappy themselves, they should just do something to fix it. If you're unhappy with you wages, then look for another job, speak with your boss do something. If YOU think you are ugly, start dressing a little sharper, look into how to improve your look.....etc.

Other than that, I love having my own place, entertaining guests, and being an excellent hostess, when I can. I love having many different areas of a social life surrounding me where I can pull from each whatever I need in any given time. Like this forum for intellectual dumps, some rowdy friends, for a party, some kick back friends who like to go have coffee.

I love school, but I hate the politics. I find they don't really take the time to TEACH you they just set up obstacle courses for you to learn, not the material, but the course. I prefer learning in more intimate settings or even by myself.

I hate looking stupid, so if there is something I don't know, I will not do anything, until I have had a chance to go home figure it out, master it, then present my skill to be tested against another's.

I like being in control, but I hate having to control people. I would much rather people have enough self respect to present their best work at all times, rather than waiting for me to direct them as to what to do. I find you can work more efficiently when people just become their best selves and you can see where that is really needed in a situation and allocate them to that instead of making the person perfect the task, make the task perfect for the person.

Anyway this is getting long.

Any thoughts?

Also no opinions as veiled criticisms. Please back what you say.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.

T

ThatGirl

On the S vs N, I really do not fit the SJ temperament.

I hate when people wont budge to do something better. Only think there is one valid solution, and that is how it is being done now. I do not like things like holidays, birthdays, traditional rituals, or assigned roles. Things I must do because it is best for the group.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I hate when people wont budge to do something better.
ee1vm.jpg

Thats what we usually have to do to convince you on something.

You are one of the most stubborn people I know lol.

Its nearly impossible to convince you on anything else other than what you see.

or at least, this is what I noticed from our interactions on Vent.

T

ThatGirl

With all due respect D, very little in the OP, in my opinion, pointed to an SJ temperament. Also, with the pic you posted, I don't think you actually read it.

Not to mention, there are many people I have spoken to who think I am an N due to my ability to see what is actually going on vs all the shallow dynamics people get caught up in with the momentum of a situation.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Well, you should be quite capable of typing yourself then.

F

figsfiggyfigs

With all due respect D, very little in the OP, in my opinion, pointed to an SJ temperament. Also, with the pic you posted, I don't think you actually read it.

Not to mention, there are many people I have spoken to who think I am an N due to my ability to see what is actually going on vs all the shallow dynamics people get caught up in with the momentum of a situation.

Thats fine. It's true, I had not read what you wrote, only briefly skimmed it. Not because I didn't care, I didn't feel it is necessary as it won't effect the information I had already collected on you. From the skimming I did, my view point of how you see yourself and how others see you remains the same.

Ever considered the possibility of a you having a balance between the two? I think thats rather plausible in your case.

T

ThatGirl

Well, you should be quite capable of typing yourself then.

Yeah, I think I am an INTJ. This isn't the help me type myself thread, this is a what is my type thread.

Thats fine. It's true, I had not read what you wrote, only briefly skimmed it. Not because I didn't care, I didn't feel it is necessary as it won't effect the information I had already collected on you. From the skimming I did, my view point of how you see yourself and how others see you remains the same.

Ever considered the possibility of a you having a balance between the two? I think thats rather plausible in your case.

I could see where someone may think I am equally balanced between S and N. The difference really would be in the temperament styles, in which seem to always point NT rather than SP or SJ. That I can have moments where I get out of my S and retreat to my N, but never moments of S without a heavy N influence.....

If that makes any sense.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Let's see...

E/I: x
N/S: Based on the language you use, N
T/F: Tish
J/P: x

xNTx, but I think it's somewhat obscured by your severe mental retardation, which primarily manifests in your obsession with your own type.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love to theorize, just not about anything that is super important. Taking long hours theorizing how to act before doing it drives me crazy. By the time you act, what ever conclusion you came up with for three days ago is going to be less efficient, since by now the situation has likely changed somewhat.

Not INTJ.

Action oriented. Realistic. Doesn't announce conclusions. Does screw with people. Is ESTP.

What type could she be? How could anyone know.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Fe is in there, that much I can say with a sense of certainty. Your 8'ness obscures things to a certain extent.

T

ThatGirl

Here are the posts from my original type me thread.

I really have to say that I am probably ENTP almost all the time. But, when it comes down to interacting with others or integrating lifestyles, working on projects, I get very ENTJ. I love to finish ahead of the deadline just in case something doesnt go as planned and adjustments must be made there is plenty of time. If I am going out I have to make sure that all plans are set forth in advance. organized free time. Like mentally dropping your brain off at a day care where it will be safe.

If I have to interact with people I make sure that their actions wont hinder me. I am not sure what that means. But inevitably I am called controlling by everyone. People take a stand against me for no reason at all in order to "prove" to me that I cant always get my way, but I am never getting my way only. I come up with plans that bennifit almost everyone in some way and the ones that are not bennifited remain at neutral. People dont trust me because I take control of situations.

On the other hand, I would love to never have to. I would prefer that people take care of their own crap so I am more than satisfied going about my buisness in lala land than having to crac the whip all the time. I like to go off on a tangent and just go. Run with it. I hate having to stop during those moments and focus on details or carrying someone along behind me. I am perfectly fine interacting with people on temporary basis because as soon as we start to get close ENTJ comes out like michael jackson during thriller.

The functions apply as well. Both were accurate to what I described here.

I really do think I am ENTP not because I want to be but because I thought that if people knew I was ENTP they would have a better understanding of my thought process and who I was so I wouldn't have to sit back and explain myself all the time. For some reason I bring out the worst in people. I also thought it would help to understand other types,

but inevitably I find myself disconnected in perception from what others see. usually that doesn't bother me any except that in my current RL situation, being able to precieve myself from the out side could be incredibly advantageous. I thought MBTI was a system but it doesn't really offer any more clarity does it?

T

ThatGirl

And this one.

Hold on now, on the flip side, and there is a flip side. I can't stand people who are so far in one direction that they loose their perspective. Extreme Js are so in a box that I don't see much room for growth unless it is personal. Up against the NTJs that I know I seem very P. I give people the bennifit of the doubt beyone the average persons limits, but as I see it if there is a different explination, it should be explored. It is not until all avenues are exausted that I will say, yes this person is such and such. I find people fascinating in their rationality. I love to study them. I hold a very objective view of people as they don't pretain to me. It is not until it gets personal that the J side comes out.

I love the freedom to explore as I see fit without having the standards of accountability. For instance while I may plan the primiter when I go out, I leave enough room in the middle for complete freedom of action. I am usually the life of the party, or you cant find me while I bounce around from person to person to see what makes them tick.

Case and point, I go out with INTJ friend who prefers piano bars and classy stuff. We are at the club and she is miserable. I tell her "Do you know how many stories are floating around this place? If you just allow yourself you can have fun here and find it interesting." To prove my point I pick a random guy from the bar and sit down to talk to him. In under five min I found out that he had spent jail time for buying a cop lunch with counterfiet money. I thought that was hilarious and continued to analyze with INTJ on what would motivate a person to attempt such a thing. He knew the guy was a cop.

I am very easy going if I don't have to get close to you. I am known for being wierd, creative, and "larger than life", motivated, dominating, not trustworthy, funny, not afraid to look like an idiot, objective, and easy going. I can't spell to save my life and I am not a linear thinker. I hate paper work.

I dont understand how I get such mixed reactions.

I don't believe everything is so concrete

Even as a kid I was highly motivated to figure out the things others could do that I could not. I wanted to have all the skill and talent for myself so I could take it apart and understand it.. Not to one up but because I was fascinated and could only really use myself as research,

Is the craving to learn, refine, and master everything, a feeling? Because if it is I am deffinatley a feeler.

I think that is the most accurate discription I have ever given of myself in these last two posts, and I'm done.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I say TG is an ENTJ...

YWIR.. You guys are very much alike from where I am standing.