• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Merkw's type (version 2.0)

Merkw's type

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

• INFP

• Something else (please specify)

• Total voters

MerkW

Yes, I am doing this again. I am quite certain it is INTJ or INTP, but I decided to throw in my three other possibilities just for safety.

Place your opinion in the poll, and then please explain your reasoning in a post.

Thank you.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
- You are focused on playing with the world around you, indicating an extraverted judging function.

- You need to give your opinion in arguments and will continue them for the thrill of sparring wits. This indicates Te.

- You remind me more of INTJs I know than INTPs I know.

MerkW

- You are focused on playing with the world around you, indicating an extraverted judging function.

- You need to give your opinion in arguments and will continue them for the thrill of sparring wits. This indicates Te.

- You remind me more of INTJs I know than INTPs I know.

I cannot deny statements 2 and 3, but I am not quite sure of what you mean by statement 1. I very much focus on my own inner world than the world around me.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I cannot deny statements 2 and 3, but I am not quite sure of what you mean by statement 1. I very much focus on my own inner world than the world around me.

You try to make the outside world match your inner one. This is indicative of an introverted perceiving/extraverted judging combination. Introverted judgers do not feel as great a need to make the outside world "line up" with their inner one. They take whatever they want from the outside world and incorperate it into their inner one.

MerkW

You try to make the outside world match your inner one. This is indicative of an introverted perceiving/extraverted judging combination. Introverted judgers do not feel as great a need to make the outside world "line up" with their inner one. They take whatever they want from the outside world and incorperate it into their inner one.

Ah, I see what you mean. Never mind. I just misinterpreted what you meant.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going with INTJ out of sympathy! :D

The INTP seems more interested in logically interpreting the unknowns of the outside world. Their auxiliary Ne imaginatively wonders what's beyond the horizon of whatever interests him and uses Ti to logically decipher it. So they actively seek to understand analyze the unknowns that are around them in the world, be it in the form of predicting patterns in the world around them or perhaps interpreting the abstract language of a poet.

The INTJ is more interested in probing the world as a source of subjective inspiration for internal conceptions. They may use their inferior Se to observe the world around them, but purely on the lookout of serving Ni, which craves inspiration.

So in short, the INTP wonders about the logical unknowns of the world around them, while the INTJ observes the knowns around them as a source for stimulating their imaginations, an subjective vision that they wish to express.

MerkW

So in short, the INTP wonders about the logical unknowns of the world around them, while the INTJ observes the knowns around them as a source for stimulating their imaginations, an subjective vision that they wish to express.

Alas, both of these describe me quite well, perhaps because my Ti and Ni are equally as strong.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alas, both of these describe me quite well, perhaps because my Ti and Ni are equally as strong.

That would probably explain your borderline P.

I'm strongly Ni and Ti, as well, along with strong Ne.

But I am not a logical thinker, I prefer thinking that is entirely of fancy. I also prefer my lifestyle (not necessarily physical environment) to be structured and routinized.

MerkW

Here is some general information for possible deciphering of my type:

P vs. J:
I always score borderline on this dichotomy when taking tests, either leaning towards P or J, depending on my mood. I can be quite lazy and disorganized, yet at the same time, I am quite meticulous and ambitious. Note that the P/J problem with me might relate to the fact that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. I prefer to plan things ahead of time, yet this does not mean that I am inflexible. In fact, many Ps have praised me for my flexibility (interestingly enough, I have similarly heard Js, of all people, condemn me for my supposed inflexibility. Odd, no?).
According to certain MBTI theorists, there is a correlation between a preference of brain hemispheres and P vs. J. Regarding this, I am certainly a visual learner. I seemingly have a preference for the right-hemisphere, yet due to my strong abilities in logical thinking, I may be balanced.

Jungian functions:
This is a little bit tricky. An INTP has Ti as the dominant function and Ne as the auxiliary. Meanwhile, an INTJ has Ni as the dominant, and Te as the auxiliary. According to the functions test, as well as examination of function descriptions, it seems that I am quite good at using all four functions. However, Te is definitely the least developed of all three. Ti, Ni, and Ne are roughly equal (yet I pretty much rule out ENTP, since (1) I am quite sure that I am introverted, and (2) because I think I use Ti and Ni a tiny, tiny bit more than Ne).

Overall type descriptions:
I think that as an overall description, INTP fits me a little better than INTJ. I like how INTPs are described as being a detached observer, absent-minded, and interested in pure study and understanding as opposed to personal gain. Unlike many INTJs, I am not interested in application, and although I have visions that I wish to implement, it is not necessarily my priority. However, the aspects of strategic ability and strong, idiosyncratic visions are aspects of the INTJ descriptions that I very much embrace.

ygolo

My termites win
Here is some general information for possible deciphering of my type:

P vs. J:
I always score borderline on this dichotomy when taking tests, either leaning towards P or J, depending on my mood. I can be quite lazy and disorganized, yet at the same time, I am quite meticulous and ambitious. Note that the P/J problem with me might relate to the fact that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. I prefer to plan things ahead of time, yet this does not mean that I am inflexible. In fact, many Ps have praised me for my flexibility (interestingly enough, I have similarly heard Js, of all people, condemn me for my supposed inflexibility. Odd, no?).
According to certain MBTI theorists, there is a correlation between a preference of brain hemispheres and P vs. J. Regarding this, I am certainly a visual learner. I seemingly have a preference for the right-hemisphere, yet due to my strong abilities in logical thinking, I may be balanced.

Jungian functions:
This is a little bit tricky. An INTP has Ti as the dominant function and Ne as the auxiliary. Meanwhile, an INTJ has Ni as the dominant, and Te as the auxiliary. According to the functions test, as well as examination of function descriptions, it seems that I am quite good at using all four functions. However, Te is definitely the least developed of all three. Ti, Ni, and Ne are roughly equal (yet I pretty much rule out ENTP, since (1) I am quite sure that I am introverted, and (2) because I think I use Ti and Ni a tiny, tiny bit more than Ne).

Overall type descriptions:
I think that as an overall description, INTP fits me a little better than INTJ. I like how INTPs are described as being a detached observer, absent-minded, and interested in pure study and understanding as opposed to personal gain. Unlike many INTJs, I am not interested in application, and although I have visions that I wish to implement, it is not necessarily my priority. However, the aspects of strategic ability and strong, idiosyncratic visions are aspects of the INTJ descriptions that I very much embrace.

Based on this post. I went with INTP.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I just cyber-stalked you and read a ton of your old posts, and I'll go with INTP.

It seems like being an INTP who is a little perfectionistic (correct me if I'm off base here) is a more simple explanation than an INTJ whose Ne is stronger than Te. I also think a strong Ti-Ne symbiosis can also result in some of the INTJ-like traits you described, such as implementing visions and so on.

MerkW

I just cyber-stalked you and read a ton of your old posts, and I'll go with INTP.

It seems like being an INTP who is a little perfectionistic (correct me if I'm off base here) is a more simple explanation than an INTJ whose Ne is stronger than Te. I also think a strong Ti-Ne symbiosis can also result in some of the INTJ-like traits you described, such as implementing visions and so on.

For the sake of Occam's Razor, I will tend to agree with you here. I am still open to arguments for INTJ > INTP.