• INFP

0 0%
  • Something else (please specify)

0 0%
First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Here is some general information for possible deciphering of my type:

P vs. J:
    I always score borderline on this dichotomy when taking tests, either leaning towards P or J, depending on my mood. I can be quite lazy and disorganized, yet at the same time, I am quite meticulous and ambitious. Note that the P/J problem with me might relate to the fact that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. I prefer to plan things ahead of time, yet this does not mean that I am inflexible. In fact, many Ps have praised me for my flexibility (interestingly enough, I have similarly heard Js, of all people, condemn me for my supposed inflexibility. Odd, no?).
    According to certain MBTI theorists, there is a correlation between a preference of brain hemispheres and P vs. J. Regarding this, I am certainly a visual learner. I seemingly have a preference for the right-hemisphere, yet due to my strong abilities in logical thinking, I may be balanced.

Jungian functions:
    This is a little bit tricky. An INTP has Ti as the dominant function and Ne as the auxiliary. Meanwhile, an INTJ has Ni as the dominant, and Te as the auxiliary. According to the functions test, as well as examination of function descriptions, it seems that I am quite good at using all four functions. However, Te is definitely the least developed of all three. Ti, Ni, and Ne are roughly equal (yet I pretty much rule out ENTP, since (1) I am quite sure that I am introverted, and (2) because I think I use Ti and Ni a tiny, tiny bit more than Ne).

Overall type descriptions:
    I think that as an overall description, INTP fits me a little better than INTJ. I like how INTPs are described as being a detached observer, absent-minded, and interested in pure study and understanding as opposed to personal gain. Unlike many INTJs, I am not interested in application, and although I have visions that I wish to implement, it is not necessarily my priority. However, the aspects of strategic ability and strong, idiosyncratic visions are aspects of the INTJ descriptions that I very much embrace.
    Based on this post. I went with INTP.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I just cyber-stalked you and read a ton of your old posts, and I'll go with INTP.

It seems like being an INTP who is a little perfectionistic (correct me if I'm off base here) is a more simple explanation than an INTJ whose Ne is stronger than Te. I also think a strong Ti-Ne symbiosis can also result in some of the INTJ-like traits you described, such as implementing visions and so on.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I just cyber-stalked you and read a ton of your old posts, and I'll go with INTP.

It seems like being an INTP who is a little perfectionistic (correct me if I'm off base here) is a more simple explanation than an INTJ whose Ne is stronger than Te. I also think a strong Ti-Ne symbiosis can also result in some of the INTJ-like traits you described, such as implementing visions and so on.
    For the sake of Occam's Razor, I will tend to agree with you here. I am still open to arguments for INTJ > INTP.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp