User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Meh, I don't think I've understood the concept of "energy" in this context. I can get enthused by an interesting conversation, for example, and sometimes when I get home after spending a night out I am still too wound up to go to bed immediately, but does this mean that the outer world energizes me? I mean, the time you see somebody's energy is when they spend it, isn't it? Right now I'm charging my iPod, but the point of having an iPod is not the charging of the batteries, it's doing the things that drains the batteries. And the only thing I can think of that leaves me with more energy than I had before is sleeping. Some things drain less energy than others, though.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

The opposite side for me is if I stay alone in my own space too long it starts to feel like I'm sinking in quicksand, I become numb and depressive. For introverts being alone is where they re-energise, I need something outside of myself for that.

Another way to look at this is seeing which of these threads, if any, you relate to when stressed: ENP, or ITP.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

But is sinking in quicksand, numb and depressive the opposite to energised? Maybe I only have a problem with the terminology. I can get irritable, snappish and annoyed by being with people, while the worst thing that can happen when I'm by myself is that I get a little bored, does this mean I'm an introvert?

But another thing, I hear people talking about the difference between social and functional extro/a-/introversion, claiming that you can be a social introvert but still an extravert in MBTI terms. Do you agree with this, and if so, how does one determine what they are?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

The issue is mixing the non-MBTI meaning of the words extrovert and introvert with the MBTI definitions, they are not the same.

For example while I am most certainly a MBTI extrovert I am generally quiet, prefer to be in the background, even anti-social at times, for someone without MBTI understanding they would call me an introvert because of those behavioural/social aspects of me.

As for the "quicksand, numb and depressive" I was trying to use words other than "drained" because you said you weren't sure of the concept of energy. The opposite of those words and how I experience being energised is engaged, excitable and buzzed. But energised and drained are more accurate, I was just saying how it feels for me.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    For example while I am most certainly a MBTI extrovert I am generally quiet, prefer to be in the background, even anti-social at times, for someone without MBTI understanding they would call me an introvert because of those behavioural/social aspects of me.
    Okay, this sounds like the opposite of me. I can be very talkative, enjoy the spotlight (when I have something to say) and social at times, but I think I'm an introvert in MBTI terms.

As for the "quicksand, numb and depressive" I was trying to use words other than "drained" because you said you weren't sure of the concept of energy. The opposite of those words and how I experience being energised is engaged, excitable and buzzed. But energised and drained are more accurate, I was just saying how it feels for me
    Ah, okay. I understand now, even though I still wouldn't sponataniously use the word "energy" for this myself.

I'm reading the two links about ENPs and ITPs under stress right now and I find them really helpful. I definitely see myself more in the ITP one, it describes things I've experienced but have not been able to put into words myself. The ENP one is also very insightful, even though I don't think it applies to myself as much. Thank you for posting these.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hi! Your avatar and indecision and friendliness all scream INFP to me. But after further reading, it sounds like you know yourself pretty well. I agree family influence does a great deal on someone's behaviors. I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I think a lot of ENTP's seem to feel very introverted at times, since the functions are not exactly "present moment" they want time to themselves and their projects and thoughts. It's not so much people that energizes them, but still sometimes things outside of them. (Whatever project they are into at the moment.)

I'm not really sure how this differs from INTP's (I haven't studied the two in depth, mostly just my observations.) Seems to me that ENTP's do have better use of Fe, (makes sense.) Generally more people pleasers/ more talkative and chatty in general, despite their need to get away.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Heh, it's a secret so don't tell anyone, but my friendliness is actually a conscious effort and not something that comes naturally to me. I feel like I'm overdoing it, actually, but I'm just trying to ease myself into the community here without stepping on anybody's toes. I don't really have an excuse for the avatar, though, except for it being painted for me by my boyfriend because I use stoats as a metaphor for my personality, and not just a picture of a cute animal I found on the net.

I know I mentioned in my first post here that I use Fe more than Si, but now that I've thought about it more I think I was confusing many Si things as Ti-things. In my Enneatype thread skylights mentioned having a "fact database" as an example of Si, and I definitely have one, I've just always linked it to my Ti. I think both functions play equal parts in creating this "library", actually, and I can't even imagine Ti without Si. I really don't understand how one can have Ti-Ni.

In a similar vein, it's impossible for me to imagine my Ti without my Ne (even though I can see how Se could take it's place, as opposed to Si vs. Ni), because without input, there's nothing for Ti to do. This is the reason I find it really hard to see whether I have higher Ti or Ne. Looking more into tertiary and inferior functions I now see myself as more Si-Fe than Fe-Si, though, which would imply INTP.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Hey, you're a chick! Welcome to the always popular NTP club of chicks that people think are guys. Doesn't tend to happen with NFPs /antidotal

Watch INTP v ENTP chicks on the forum and see who you more often identify with, it can be telling.

MBTI
    yupp

I really struggled with INTP/ENTP myself although in the end I simply could not question being a Ne-dom. One thing that helped me was watching myself in social situations, even though I'm not "out there" and chatty I would leave many/most social events with more energy than I started with, being around people sure does energise me but due to my personal image of being an "introvert" I couldn't see my MBTI preference until I paid close attention to it.
    Yes this does help, I tend to have strong Ne, so for awhile I thought I might ENFP, but social situations drain me. Even though I seem outgoing and loud at parties when I get home/go to bed I just want to collapse and I don't want to see those people for a couple of days at least. Hell when I start feeling overwhelmed in social situations if I leave even for an hour to re-energize I find that helps a lot. If I don't get a break from people I become very cranky. So I agree paying attention to this sort of thing is a good idea. My mom sort of knew that about me, before I even did, she'd plan my day when I was child with lots of down time for me. Of course she's also an introvert so I think she saw introversion in me, because she grew up with an ESFJ mom who always wanted her to be doing something and interacting with people, and she told me that, that didn't work out well for her socially.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I know how to find out your true type.

Let's meet up and scientifically prove our similarities and differences through a batch of personal and intimate tests.

I promise it will be fun and rewarding.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf