• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this character 7w8 or 1w9?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm writing a (weird) story and I can't tell if one of the characters is a 7w8 or 1w9 (although I am definitely sure he's INFP). His name is Yohan, an elven prince who leaves his kingdom after the brutal death of his younger brother. Leaving his right to the throne behind him, he enters a prestigious academy with a new name in hopes of training to become a skilled swordsman and paladin (although he also ends up training as a bard because he has a freak of nature voice and got in on a singing scholarship). his physical appearence is that of a 10 year old noy (although he's actually a little older. elves age more slowly). next, he enters the school's fencing club (which is actually more like a martial arts and weapons club than what we think of as fencing) and this is where the story begins (although he isn't the main character. the story's main character is a reckless ENFJ 2w1 Sx/So whom Yohan befriends along with an ENTP and an ISTJ. he's the central character in the sequel though)

anway, I can't determine is he's a 7w8 or a 1w9

7w8
- he's extremely 1-ish under stress and could appear like a 1 simply because this is most of the first book (he does mean business after all. most people looking for revenge aren't exactly spiritually balanced)
- even under stress. he's still fairly emotionally balanced and able to stay calm
- even if being INFP makes it more subtle, his 8 side is rather apparent. he's not quite as belligerent as more extroverted 8s and w8s, but he's never really submissive
- he has a sort of subtle "glamorousness" to him that is very 7.
- he has sophisticated tastes with several sings such as music and gourmet food (the other characters make fun of his for his tea fetish)

1w9
- his powers of concentration are ridiculous for a 10 year old INFP
- he speaks with a lot of command and authority
- he's extremely mature for his age (the other 3 central characters are 15-18)
- his personality is very noble and heroic
- later, it's discovered he is also the descendant of an ancient hero and commands an army of angels
- he was based largely off of Joan of Arc
- he has a powerful soprano voice that is as powerful as a grown woman (much like Joan Sutherland in her prime actually, but his speaking voice still sounds like a boy. the book explains this strange phenomenon, but it's kinda complicated)
as a bard, his spell songs are very dramatic and wagner-esque and reflect his personality well
- he's often very formal and polite, especially if under pressure (he opens up a little more when he can relax)
- he shares more of the weaknesses of a 1 than a 7.
- his philosophy is much like saito from rurouni kenshin. if you cross his values, he will kill you immediately

PS: I'm just starting with this and I'm in the process of laying out the plot, so for now it probably sounds kinda cheesy (sorry if you think so)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say 1w9 sp/sx.

Sounds like an interesting story though (like something out of an anime).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're correct that he's 1w9, but he's certainly an unusual 1 and definitely has a very strong growth.
I'm pretty sure he's Sx/Sp. his emotions are much more intense than a self preservation INFP and he has strong protective instincts towards younger children and those he cares about. overall, his personality is sorta like a cross between Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Joan of Arc and the Little Prince, among other characteristics.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to me he's the most interesting character because even I can't figure out how he is the way he is. he's wise far beyond his years and his personality is over a decade ahead of him. the way he talks you'd think he was a 30 year old woman sometimes. apart from this, I can't figure out how he manages to have such a strong growth when his life has been so violent and traumatic.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well enneagram 1 and INFP aren't exactly that common, so it does create a rather interesting type of person. Never watched Yu Yu Hakusho and I know little of Joan of Arc, but my gut feeling tells me that a combination of these particular characters is quite awesome.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well enneagram 1 and INFP aren't exactly that common, so it does create a rather interesting type of person. Never watched Yu Yu Hakusho and I know little of Joan of Arc, but my gut feeling tells me that a combination of these particular characters is quite awesome.

when he's more relaxed, he's like Kurama (INFP 7w8) and when he's under stress he's more like Joan of Arc (INFP 1w9).
PS: if you're never watched Yu Yu Hakusho, this episode will give you a good feel for Kurama

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and here's his theme just because it's bad ass :cool:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't gotten around to watching these videos yet, but when I do I'll post some more feedback on the certainty of your character's type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
thanks

You welcome :yes:

Wow, Yu Yu Hakusho seems rather interesting, never watched the seires but I think I shall now.

Actually I just realized, I can't be certain if your character is closer to Kurama or to Joan of Arc unless I read your story so far. Would you be willing to show it (or excepts of it) or is it a novel that you plan on publishing (and thus dont want to reveal parts of it on the net)?

Or are you already entirely certain on your characters type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, I'm glad you're interested :yes: but I don't exactly have anything yet :sad: right now I'm trying to get a business up and running and get some extra capital coming in :smoke:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
well, I'm glad you're interested but I don't exactly have anything yet right now I'm trying to get a business up and running and get some extra capital coming in

To bad then. I wish you luck on your business though :)

Originally posted by Perch420
your story isn't good

I disagree, I think the concept sounds fun and enlighteningly adventerous, and the characters well fleshed out and deep.