123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default What does an INFP 7w8 look like?

I'm now fairly certain that I am a 7w8, but I don't feel like I'm nearly as extroverted as your archtypical ENFP 7w8. even if ENFPs tend to be rather balanced, 7 is the most extraverted of all the enneagram types which causes me some confusion.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Lets see...

-They would be EXTREMELY assertive if their inner values(Fi) were stepped on or violated in any way.
    -If they were animals they would be lovable puppies who fiercly guard those close to them and bark at shady characters.
    -Being both introverted and energetic/dominant(7w8) they would appear extroverted around their closest friends, but somewhat mild and calm around other people.
    -Would actively enjoy and explore a personal activity of thier own solitude: like having an obsession with reading a really good book, or something.
    -Combining the natural goodness of an INFP with the fun lovingness of a 7 would result in someone who could bring a smile to anyones face.
    -Possible carrers best suited for them would be: artist, writer, teacher, movie directer, or actor.
    -Kind, polite, nice, but knows how to take charge when they need to.

I'll add more later if I can think of anything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Lets see...

-They would be EXTREMELY assertive if their inner values(Fi) were stepped on or violated in any way.
    -If they were animals they would be lovable puppies who fiercly guard those close to them and bark at shady characters.
    -Being both introverted and energetic/dominant(7w8) they would appear extroverted around their closest friends, but somewhat mild and calm around other people.
    -Would actively enjoy and explore a personal activity of thier own solitude: like having an obsession with reading a really good book, or something.
    -Combining the natural goodness of an INFP with the fun lovingness of a 7 would result in someone who could bring a smile to anyones face.
    -Possible carrers best suited for them would be: artist, writer, teacher, movie directer, or actor.
    -Kind, polite, nice, but knows how to take charge when they need to.

I'll add more later if I can think of anything.
    this sounds a lot like me. for instance, I am very hedonistic and pleasure seeking like most 7s, but my indulgences tend to be more introverted in nature. for instance, having an obsession with various kinds of expensive teas

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^ hilarious

Originally posted by Elfboy
    this sounds a lot like me. for instance, I am very hedonistic and pleasure seeking like most 7s, but my indulgences tend to be more introverted in nature. for instance, having an obsession with various kinds of expensive teas
    In that regard you may be an INFP 7w8 which is quite rare I think. Then again, I'm no expert on enneagram myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Imagine this with an adventurous streak:

...the emo nerd.
    umm.. NOO lol
    7s are highly stylized and have a well developed sense of beauty and tastes. introverted feeling places high priority on sensuality and grace.

A window to the soul

Here ya go:

Quote Originally Posted by http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-7.html
    When healthy, Sevens with an 8 wing are often generous, gregarious and expansive. Tend to be exceptionally loyal to their friends, especially when social subtype. Leap aggressively to the defense of those they care for. Might seem loud or boisterous although some are urbane and witty. Enjoy social celebrations, storytelling, jokes, food and travel. Generally have a strong self-confidence for worldly matters and getting what they want. Talent for making something out of nothing - entrepreneurial. Usually share what they have when healthy, want everyone to enjoy their sense of bounty and wide range of interests. When more entranced, they may be demanding, displaying a selfish impatience and a self-justifying narcissism. May want what they want right now. Aggressive, hasty drive to acquire money and material options and recognition. Can demand that the people in their lives say only what the Seven wants to hear - sugarcoated truth. Lash out angrily if reality doesn't meet their expectations; sometimes vengeful. Often perfectionistic as parents (low side of 1). Moralize to others and then are themselves irresponsible. Amnesia for promises made in an expansive moment. Particular difficulty with sexual fidelity.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

As a unsocial 7w8 I simply ignore Enneagram descriptions that tell me I'm supposed to be socially extroverted.

Are you by chance a self preservation type? As far as 7s go they are the least "out there" socially.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    As a unsocial 7w8 I simply ignore Enneagram descriptions that tell me I'm supposed to be socially extroverted.

Are you by chance a self preservation type? As far as 7s go they are the least "out there" socially.
    I am Sp/Sx I like WTF in social settings. Until I read the description of Self Preservation 7s, I thought I was a 4. Sp 7s are drastically different from other 7s
    1) we frequently like to stay home (this is SOO atypical of 7s)
    2) we're not as reckless with money. it's not that we're stingy like some 1s and 6s, but we like to get the most value for what we spend and we're better at saving money when needed. personally I find myself saving money for a few months and then buying one or two things that are REALLY expensive but well worth the money
    3) we're easily addicted like other 7s, but less likely to indulge in self distructive addictions like drugs or heavy drinking. if you've ever heard anyone say "if I'm going to get addicted to something, it might as well be something good for me" that person was probably a self preservation 7.
    4) we take risks, but only risks that don't have dire consequences (self prez types in general don't like to partake in dangerous activities, but a harmless gamble with cash one can afford to loose is a different story)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've had the same confusion because i don't feel very extraverted at all...but i'm pretty sure i'm dom ne and pretty sure that i'm 7w6 but you'd think i would have robin williams' bouncy energy but i totally don't...i'm like super mellow most of the time.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I am Sp/Sx I like WTF in social settings. Until I read the description of Self Preservation 7s, I thought I was a 4. Sp 7s are drastically different from other 7s
    1) we frequently like to stay home (this is SOO atypical of 7s)
    2) we're not as reckless with money. it's not that we're stingy like some 1s and 6s, but we like to get the most value for what we spend and we're better at saving money when needed. personally I find myself saving money for a few months and then buying one or two things that are REALLY expensive but well worth the money
    3) we're easily addicted like other 7s, but less likely to indulge in self distructive addictions like drugs or heavy drinking. if you've ever heard anyone say "if I'm going to get addicted to something, it might as well be something good for me" that person was probably a self preservation 7.
    4) we take risks, but only risks that don't have dire consequences (self prez types in general don't like to partake in dangerous activities, but a harmless gamble with cash one can afford to loose is a different story)
    Well I'm entirely reckless with money but the rest works for me. You do display a lot of 4 attributes in your posts but they could be related to your sp-ness.

Each type has it's oxymoron so to speak, just as sx/so seems at odds with E5, sp/sx is at odds with E7, it works of course, it just doesn't create the stereotypical image.

Welcome to the 7s party!