User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default "I" before "E" except after "C"

Obviously I'm an INFP. But the particular test they gave us back in school, listed my introverted/extroverted score so close that it flip flopped, almost when I wanted to. The rest was spot on.

Yet I find myself conflicted as to whether I'm really introverted, or just a scared extrovert. Can anyone shed any light on this? Any helpful advice?

MBTI
    INTP

If you had time to relax, realistically what would you do?

Enneagram

ENFPs are more "in the flesh", and can resemble SPs. They tend to be more restless and interested in physical action. INFPs are much more disembodied, but not to the extent of the INJs.

INFPs tend to lose things, be messy and not really care. ENFPs seem very disorganized, but generally manage the chaos pretty well.

INFPs are way more passive than ENFPs, who seem almost fearless at times.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I was confused regarding whether I'm extroverted or introverted because I can be rather talkative and outgoing at times, and very quiet and withdrawn at others. I didn't actually believe I was an extrovert (I'm just too withdrawn to be extroverted) but didn't feel I fit the introvert stereotype. The central thing for me is I feel more in my element in my more quiet, introverted activities. You have to ask yourself when you feel most relaxed and comfortable. Extroverts need human contact to function, whereas introverts can manage (and are indeed more at ease) without too much.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFPs are more obnoxious, have more bravado, and aren't scared to openly stalk people.

Hope this helps.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

How do you define Introverted and Extroverted?

The issue usually lies there, MBTI has specific definitions that do not focus on sociability etc, most people who say "I'm definitely an Introvert but..." tend to be assigning behavioural traits to the words Introvert and Extrovert that need to be ignored when typing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Basically, introversion and extroversion tie into what is called "expressiveness". If your dominant orientation is to the inner or outer world, then this will tend to affect how much you approach other people. Yet there is also "responsiveness", which is how much approaching one wants from others.

ESFP and ENFP are both Sanguine, who express and respond as extroverts. INFP can be either Phlegmatic (which was considered introverted and people-focused, but is really moderate), or a fifth temperament, called Supine, which expresses as an introvert, but responds (wants socialization) like an extrovert. http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm
    Since the want is the same as a Sanguine, they may open up and be talkative and outgoing, when they feel accepted and secure. (I can attest to this, from also being INP).
    A lot of INFP's I have discussed this system with turn out to be Supine, or realizing they are Supine helps them see that they fit INFP.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP

I find myself being more expressive when I am feeling emotional. But when I need to think I tend to withdraw and figure things out. That tends to be my differences in introversion and extroversion. Supine really does seem to fit, but naturally I hesitate to assign that just yet. While I am a very social person, I'm not that outgoing. Sort of being apart of a crowd and separate from it as well.

Still I would say that in the end I'm just as crazy as ever.
    God, I don’t have great faith, but I can be faithful. My belief in you may be seasonal, but my faithfulness will not. I will follow in the way of Christ. I will act as though my life and the lives of others matter. I will love.

I have no greater gift to offer than my life. Take it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, you don't have to be outgoing. The Supine usually isn't "that" outgoing. (The "outgoing" reference was in response to Southern Kross' claim to be outgoing at times). Again, the temperament typically isn't.
    The need to "withdraw and figure things out" fits the description of the temperament in the link. I also experience "Sort of being apart of a crowd and separate from it as well." We're torn, and the underlying desire is for others to make us feel welcome to be apart of them.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas