User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    FYI, I'm a strong J with the same M.O. I can wander around a store wondering what to make for dinner for so long that my behavior starts to strike security as suspicious.
    LOL!
    You should see me at Baskin-Robbins... all those flavors...

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChaos View Post
    I took a quick glance at the Ni vs. Ne (thanks for the link and idea, dissonance) but could see bits of myself in both descriptions. I will have to look at it more closely when I get more time.
    I've never found a satisfactory description of Ni -- it completely confounds me. So this is my incredibly shallow understanding of Ni vs Ne. I will admit to you that Ni is definitely a bit mysterious to me, so take this with a grain of salt:

Ni views every intuition as an apple, and it takes that intuition and squeezes, presses, contorts, and pounds it into oblivion using their psyche. After an incredible display of psychological intensity, all the pulp and whatnot is brushed away and all you're left with is the juice -- and the Ni says, Yes, this is the essence of the apple!

Ne finds and apple and thinks Hm, how interesting! and goes looking for the apple tree. (Only to get lost after they see a cool-looking pinecone or something.) ; )

Ni is transformative; it seeks to dig out the essence of things.

Ne is relational; it seeks to discover connections between many things.

That's my (vague) understanding of it anyway. Someone feel free to correct me.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I can wander around a store wondering what to make for dinner for so long that my behavior starts to strike security as suspicious.
    A J acting like a P is pretty suspicious behavior if you ask me, so they're justified!

...I wonder if J security personnel are more likely to be suspicious of P's? I guess J's are probably more likely to be security personnel, but that's just an unconfirmed suspicion.
    And YES, we butt heads a lot on this type of thing. S.O. says I'm "inflexible", LOL. I think I used to be a little more spontaneous, but when you have kids, you can't exactly just take a little unplanned trip and hope that a hotel has a vacancy!
    Guess that's another point for the J side...

Looks like I'm a perfectionist J who appears indecisive because of a strong "need" to make the "perfect" decision the first time, every time!

Ugh, makes me sound difficult.
    Yep, you sound like a J to me then, now that I have all of the data.

And why can't you just take an unplanned trip and hope that a hotel has a vacancy? *has kids, but thinks like a typical P*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    And why can't you just take an unplanned trip and hope that a hotel has a vacancy? *has kids, but thinks like a typical P*
    Ohhh, bad memories! My dad must be a P because he did things like that to us A LOT. It was horrible. One trip, the only vacancy was this really seedy hotel that used to be a prison. It was $14 a night, if that tells you anything. [shudder] Or the trip when there were NO vacancies and we slept in the car, all four of us, on a frigid Wyoming night? And he didn't pack any food, telling us we'd "find something along the way". Our tummies growled a long time on that trip... I could go on and on...

maybe if any of his spontaneous craziness had actually worked out for the better, I would be more P-oriented!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Wow, I can't believe you remembered that I mentioned my ISTP S.O. in another thread. I'm impressed! And YES, we butt heads a lot on this type of thing. S.O. says I'm "inflexible", LOL. I think I used to be a little more spontaneous, but when you have kids, you can't exactly just take a little unplanned trip and hope that a hotel has a vacancy!
    Guess that's another point for the J side...

Looks like I'm a perfectionist J who appears indecisive because of a strong "need" to make the "perfect" decision the first time, every time!

Ugh, makes me sound difficult.
    I'm not that amazing... I have an ISTP husband, too.
    We have to stick together!

I suspect you're probably an INFJ because he thinks you're "too emotional". MBTT is all about: compared to who?
    However, it could turn out that you're just more emotional than him because you're a female, but just for starters, I'd check out INFJ.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Well, now that J/P is cleared up... You only have to pick between INTJ and INFJ. I would recommend looking into the difference between Ti vs Te and Fi vs Fe. Since your husband say you're more emotional... Try reading up on Ti. Does that fit your thinking style more or Te? If Ti fits better... you're likely an INFJ with a good grasp of your tertiary Ti function.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Well, now that J/P is cleared up... You only have to pick between INTJ and INFJ. I would recommend looking into the difference between Ti vs Te and Fi vs Fe. Since your husband say you're more emotional... Try reading up on Ti. Does that fit your thinking style more or Te? If Ti fits better... you're likely an INFJ with a good grasp of your tertiary Ti function.
    Will do that and report back eventually...
    but I should note that he is an engineer and thinks strictly in terms of math and such. If I want to convince him of something, I have to format it in a spreadsheet -- I'm not kidding!! So, compared to him, EVERYBODY is emotional. Sometimes I think I married a Vulcan.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Will do that and report back eventually...
    but I should note that he is an engineer and thinks strictly in terms of math and such. If I want to convince him of something, I have to format it in a spreadsheet -- I'm not kidding!! So, compared to him, EVERYBODY is emotional. Sometimes I think I married a Vulcan.
    Yikes! Well that's an example of extreme Te... lol! Anyways, good luck on it!

MBTI
    INTP

The weird thing is that my husband is an ENFJ & he drives me absolutely insane weighing all the freaking options before he'll decide on something, especially a purchase decision. I just think, "let's just decide one way or the other & do it." All the weighing & planning & deciding gets on my last nerve. And I'm an INTP.

I've always thought that one aspect seemed backwards in our relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hear you're alright for an INTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    J's want closure just so that something can be done.
    Not always. A Judger might act in the interest of expediency when a Perceiver gets stuck and stalls for more time and data. But Judgers are Judgers because they have the capacity for making sound decisions quickly, period.