User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you always been an INTJ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

11 64.71%
  • I originally tested as a different type for which I had very strong evidence

1 5.88%
  • I originally tested as a different type which I now know to be almost certainly incorrect

3 17.65%
  • I am an INTJ but am having doubts about my being one

2 11.76%
12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default If you are an INTJ...

...pick an option.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I originally tested as an INTJ when I was first introduced. But sometimes I tested as an INTP and occasionally an INFP or INFJ, but those were normally quite rare.

MBTI
    INTJ

I originally tested as an INTP. However, after deep analyzation and another test I determined that I was definitely INTJ.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

If this forum had existed when I was in my early 20's, I would have signed on and identified myself as INTJ, as that's what I always tested as at that time.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

I picked always though I originally tested as an ENTJ - I knew immediately that I was an introvert (and I identified with the INTJ descriptions and not with the others).

MBTI
    INTJ

About 15 years ago, I used the book, Do What You Are, to determine my type. It took me about 3 months of trying to understand it. I wanted to believe I was an INFJ, but I was forced to come to the realization that I am mostly an INTJ - not a very flattering type for a female.

I am so self-critical, that it was in the description of the "possible blind spots" where I was able to own which type I was mostly like.

I took the DISC test which confirmed I was mostly an NT, and that I was secondarily a very high NF, as well.

Every so often I would continue to question whether INTJ was correct, but I would always end up there.

I voted "always".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I originally tested as an INTJ when I was first introduced. But sometimes I tested as an INTP and occasionally an INFP or INFJ, but those were normally quite rare.
    That sounds a bit like my case, but instead of being firm in Introversion and Intuition, I'm firm in Thinking and Judging.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    About 15 years ago, I used the book, Do What You Are, to determine my type. It took me about 3 months of trying to understand it. I wanted to believe I was an INFJ, but I was forced to come to the realization that I am mostly an INTJ - not a very flattering type for a female.

I am so self-critical, that it was in the description of the "possible blind spots" where I was able to own which type I was mostly like.

I took the DISC test which confirmed I was mostly an NT, and that I was secondarily a very high NF, as well.

Every so often I would continue to question whether INTJ was correct, but I would always end up there.

I voted "always".
    INTJMom, this kind of thinking makes me think that One is more likely for you as an Enneagram type. You seem to be able to accept the reality of your type, which I think Fours aren't that great at doing, although you evidently hold high ideals in your mind (which perhaps amounts to "I should act more like an INFJ because this is what females are more like as opposed to INTJ").

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    INTJMom, this kind of thinking makes me think that One is more likely for you as an Enneagram type. You seem to be able to accept the reality of your type, which I think Fours aren't that great at doing, although you evidently hold high ideals in your mind (which perhaps amounts to "I should act more like an INFJ because this is what females are more like as opposed to INTJ").
    I agree with you, but four describes a lot of my inner hidden motivations, too.

I'm a splintered person. I've come to accept that - though I'm still working toward wholeness.

I think I was really supposed to be a four but because of my childhood, I was forced into being a one. But I could be wrong. It's very much like, Which came first - the chicken or the egg?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I have a lot of problems with Enneagramists' perspectives on childhood patterns in relation to personality. I can go into more depth if you want.

MBTI
    INTJ

I voted for the fourth option. I'm still sure I'm an INTJ, but every so often I've been getting ENFJ on tests. Developed E and developed F? Or identity crisis?

Probably the former, I know that personality type can change, but I do think that in spite of the things of developed, I'll be INTJ for a while. I wonder if and when it will...?
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.