• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you are an INTJ...

Have you always been an INTJ?

• Always

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I originally tested as a different type for which I had very strong evidence

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I originally tested as a different type which I now know to be almost certainly incorrect

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I am an INTJ but am having doubts about my being one

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...pick an option.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I originally tested as an INTJ when I was first introduced. But sometimes I tested as an INTP and occasionally an INFP or INFJ, but those were normally quite rare.

truth

MBTI Type
INTJ
I originally tested as an INTP. However, after deep analyzation and another test I determined that I was definitely INTJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If this forum had existed when I was in my early 20's, I would have signed on and identified myself as INTJ, as that's what I always tested as at that time.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I picked always though I originally tested as an ENTJ - I knew immediately that I was an introvert (and I identified with the INTJ descriptions and not with the others).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
About 15 years ago, I used the book, Do What You Are, to determine my type. It took me about 3 months of trying to understand it. I wanted to believe I was an INFJ, but I was forced to come to the realization that I am mostly an INTJ - not a very flattering type for a female.

I am so self-critical, that it was in the description of the "possible blind spots" where I was able to own which type I was mostly like.

I took the DISC test which confirmed I was mostly an NT, and that I was secondarily a very high NF, as well.

Every so often I would continue to question whether INTJ was correct, but I would always end up there.

I voted "always".

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I originally tested as an INTJ when I was first introduced. But sometimes I tested as an INTP and occasionally an INFP or INFJ, but those were normally quite rare.

That sounds a bit like my case, but instead of being firm in Introversion and Intuition, I'm firm in Thinking and Judging.

About 15 years ago, I used the book, Do What You Are, to determine my type. It took me about 3 months of trying to understand it. I wanted to believe I was an INFJ, but I was forced to come to the realization that I am mostly an INTJ - not a very flattering type for a female.

I am so self-critical, that it was in the description of the "possible blind spots" where I was able to own which type I was mostly like.

I took the DISC test which confirmed I was mostly an NT, and that I was secondarily a very high NF, as well.

Every so often I would continue to question whether INTJ was correct, but I would always end up there.

I voted "always".

INTJMom, this kind of thinking makes me think that One is more likely for you as an Enneagram type. You seem to be able to accept the reality of your type, which I think Fours aren't that great at doing, although you evidently hold high ideals in your mind (which perhaps amounts to "I should act more like an INFJ because this is what females are more like as opposed to INTJ").

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INTJMom, this kind of thinking makes me think that One is more likely for you as an Enneagram type. You seem to be able to accept the reality of your type, which I think Fours aren't that great at doing, although you evidently hold high ideals in your mind (which perhaps amounts to "I should act more like an INFJ because this is what females are more like as opposed to INTJ").
I agree with you, but four describes a lot of my inner hidden motivations, too.

I'm a splintered person. I've come to accept that - though I'm still working toward wholeness.

I think I was really supposed to be a four but because of my childhood, I was forced into being a one. But I could be wrong. It's very much like, Which came first - the chicken or the egg?

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a lot of problems with Enneagramists' perspectives on childhood patterns in relation to personality. I can go into more depth if you want.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I voted for the fourth option. I'm still sure I'm an INTJ, but every so often I've been getting ENFJ on tests. Developed E and developed F? Or identity crisis?

Probably the former, I know that personality type can change, but I do think that in spite of the things of developed, I'll be INTJ for a while. I wonder if and when it will...?

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, put it this way. Your MBTI scores are
I: 33 / N: 38 / T: 38 / J: 22, and you think you can be ENFJ. Mine are E: 1 / N: 38 / T: 69 / J: 44. So I have far more reason to believe I could be an INTJ than you do to be an ENFJ. If the strength of your Introversion was lower (i.e. as low as mine is for Extraversion), and your Thinking was as low as this too, then I'd consider ENFJ.

Why do you think you're getting E and F over I and T? What tests are you taking?

redacted

tests dont mean much.

when i thought i was ENTP, i'd test as that. when i thought i was ENFP, i'd test as that. same with INTP and INFP, and now INFJ.

it's not even fully conscious. called the forer effect.