User Tag List

View Poll Results: What stacking is Such Irony?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/so/sx

2 50.00%
  • sp/sx/so

0 0%
  • so/sp/sx

1 25.00%
  • so/sx/sp

1 25.00%
  • sx/sp/so

0 0%
  • sx/so/sp

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default I'm no longer sure I'm so/sp

I have so.sp in my signature but I'm no longer so sure that's my stacking.

There are things I do relate to about being a social variant, as I've highlighted in this thread: Introverted Social Variant Types

I take more notice of things like social standing and hierarchy. I don't necessarily agree with all of it and I do think much of the time we'd be better off without all that shit but I do notice things like power structures among people. For instance, I find it easy and instinctive to identify the most powerful person in a room.

I think in some ways I'm more group oriented than the average introvert. I'm not one to just blindly conform but I do like feeling like I belong in groups- especially in groups that share common interests in values. I enjoy being in such groups.

For better or worse I tend to compare myself to the public at large a lot. I think alot about how I'm coming across to others and care what others think of me, even those I barely know and unlikely to ever meet again. I think this is the downside of being social first. It makes me rather self-conscious in public at times.

It's important for me to know that I'm serving some useful role in society. I want to make a lasting contribution that will continue to carry on long after I've died.

Given the choice I prefer to have a large number of acquaintances rather than a few close friends. I tend to put on a friendly, upbeat demeanor when meeting new people for the first time yet at the same time I'm guarded. I'm careful not to reveal too much personal about myself too soon. (I'm also SX last)

I think compared to other enneagram 5's, I'm more extraverted than most of them. Yet, like most fives, I definitely need a sufficient amount of quiet "me" time to feel whole.

Just some additional things I want to add since I've made that post. Maybe it's because I'm a 5 and an introvert, but there are things typically attributed to so/sp that I just don't relate to:

I don't have a natural awareness of social conventions. I've had to learn as I've gotten older to pay attention to them more. In my childhood and teenage years, I made a whole lot of social faux pas.

I question most social conventions in our society rather than just blindly follow them.

so/sp is often considered a social climber. I don't relate to that. I don't care about being in the top social class or climbing the corporate ladder although I do want to be perceived as successful.

I've wondered if maybe another stacking is a better fit. I've seen myself as SX last largely because I've never felt that I needed to be in a relationship to feel fulfilled. I'm also afraid of too much intensity in relationships.- especially when it's too soon and I'm not ready to go there yet. Yet I really would like to find someone I could really be intimate with. I long to find someone I can truly have a deep conversation with and share my secrets and all my odd quirks. I guess what I fear is that the other person will be repelled by that so I hold parts of myself back so that I won't be rejected by the other person. So maybe I'm not SX last.

Regarding SP, I've always been a play it safe sort of person. I'm very careful about money. I don't take physical risks if I can help it. I like living a healthy lifestyle- eating right, exercising, no smoking or drinking. Yet, I'm not overly anal about it either. Sometimes I do let things slide, especially when I get busy or preoccupied with other things. I am highly sensitive to physical discomfort and things like temperature.

So vote in my poll and let me know what stacking you think fits best.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quite a number of aspects that go with being a 5 also align with sp traits so it's not tough to see yourself as sp withough being one.

so/sx may be where it's at for you.

Social/Sexual

When reasonably healthy, people of this subtype can be very engaging (for a Five). They smile a lot and are often friendly. Their energy is quite different from the social/self-pres subtype because both the social and sexual energies push outwards, and so partly balance out some of the withdrawing tendencies of the Five. People of this subtype are usually warm and when feeling secure are likely to let people in and even to initiate contact. When they feel insecure however, they can actually go to the other extreme and be very shy. For this reason, people of this subtype could easily be mistyped; those Fives who withdraw from social contact because of feelings of insecurity, might not seem like social subtypes at all. It might not be obvious that they actually very much desire contact. For people of this subtype, the social instinct actually works as a release value for the sexual component. When relaxed and comfortable with others, the sexual instinct can easily be seen.

People of this subtype are very aware of how they “fit in,” and also experience the sexual drive of wanting to connect with intimates. Like other social/sexual subtypes, they have the tendency to cultivate many relationships. They want to be liked by everyone, but being Fives they also tend to hold a part of themselves back for fear of rejection or of being overwhelmed by the demands of the relationship. This subtype of Five is more likely to fear rejection than the other subtypes of Five. Because both of the dominant instincts are focused on people, any failure in the realm of interpersonal relationships triggers a fear that there is no safety in the world.

link

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Quite a number of aspects that go with being a 5 also align with sp traits so it's not tough to see yourself as sp withough being one.

so/sx may be where it's at for you.
    I've been thinking alot about so/sx lately. Almost everything in that description fits like a glove. Except that then I'd be sp last and I think I'm too concerned about sp matters for it to be in the last position.

I've read all of the stacking descriptions for fives and I see I bits of myself in all of them. It's hard to pick the one I identify with the most. Pretty much anyone is up for grabs except sx/so/sp.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i've been having this same problem with the variants. SP is nearly synonymous with introversion and easily confused. same as SX with enneagram 4. i assume SO is in the cards for me, but i can't decide what else. for a long time i thought i was sx/sp, and now, so/sp. but i may not even be sp at all.

it's confusing stuff.

i personally can't say ive gathered enough information on you to make a decision on that. sorry.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

wow, you are like the most balanced INTP I've ever seen (I guess not all INTPs are like Mark Zuckerburg lol)
    a few observations
    1) SP correlates with I, N, T and 5, so being all these you could seem like you're SP whether you are or not
    2) needing to fit in and belong? Teritary Si and Inferior Fe perhaps?
    3) your high sensitivity to temperature and discomfort seem very SP to me.
    4) not wanting to get intimate in a relationship too soon is a function of being both introverted and thinking, no matter which stacking you are (in fact, sexual people are often slower to form close relationships because they take them more seriously). it's not that you're not an intimate person, it just takes you a while to filter people and sort things out.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here is some informatin on the 5w6 stackings and how I fit and don't fit the descriptions:

Problem is, I see myself in several of these. Overall, I think the three I relate to most are so/sp, sp/sx, and sx/sp. Actually, I think I relate to sp/sx of all of these, which is completely different from my supposed so/sp stacking. Thoughts?

5w6 so/sp "The Scientist" contributed by jasethe most hyper intellectual of all types, they value pure rational thought above all else. The most theoretical of Fives, not as hands-on experimental as the tinkering sp/soc 5w6, they seek to advance theory over technology. This may be the most recognized "face" associated with type Five, as seen in movies such as "A Beautiful Mind."

I’m intellectual to be sure but am I hyper intellectual? I know that I constantly analyze everything and would like a nice rational explanation for just about everything I encounter. I value rational thought very highly but do I value it above all else? I value passion more, probably. If you’re not passionate about anything in life, what good is it? I am very theoretical and not particularly hands-on experimental. Much of the time, I’d rather be thinking than doing. In science classes, I was the one that grasped the theory very quickly but when doing lab experiments, I found them tedious. Plus I was rather clumsy in the lab but still did well on lab reports because I knew what was supposed to happen in theory.

5w6 sp/sx contributed by jaseis the most private of Fives, not as emotionally detached but more socially oblivious. They would likely find their niche within a stable, low maintenance relationship, in a safe environment where they're insulated from the demands of others. They have an endearing quality uncommon to other Fives, so I see this type as more heavily Six winged.

Almost everything in this paragraph fits me extremely well. The only doubt I have is that I don’t think I’m the most private of fives. I am very private overall but I will share things when I feel comfortable. I’ve been called endearing before and I definitely need relationships where I’m insulated from the demands of others. Overall, this paragraph fits somewhat better than the so/sp one. I don't see myself as heavily six winged. My wings are quite balanced with 6 edging out over 4 barely.

5w6 sp/so "The Engineer". contributed by jaseProbably the furthest removed of all types from their own emotional life. The most practical minded and hardest working of Fives, prefer to work with complex physical systems over mere theory. In some ways this might be the purest version of Five.

I wouldn’t say I’m far removed from my own emotional life. I am well aware of my emotions, although I may not appear emotional to others because I try to keep my emotional expression under control. I am very hard working but I tend towards the theoretical more than the practical. So overall, this one doesn’t fit me as well as the previous two descriptions.

5w6 so/sx "The Goofball" contributed by jasethink of the main characters from "Revenge of the Nerds", a bunch of highly social, highly sexualized, irresponsible self pres lasters goofing off, at least that's how I remember it. This is probably the most Sevenish and outwardly humorous kind of Five, they value being smart but also want to be cool. I imagine several classic comedic performers were soc/sx 5w6.

When comfortable I can appear quite sevenish and humorous. I like to gently joke around with other people. I value being smart and I guess I kind of want to be cool but I value authenticity more than mere coolness. If I’m cool, that’s a big bonus but I don’t put an extensive amount of effort into making myself look cool. I can be sociable when comfortable and I establish common ground with others but I wouldn’t consider myself highly social. I’m definitely not highly sexualized or irresponsible.

5w6 sx/soc - "The Mad Theorist." contributed by JaseThe most mentally intense of all types, a speculative imagination teams up with a visionary intellect to produce an eccentric style that cannot stop theorizing on the frontiers of science, envisioning alternate realities, or predicting the future. Fascinated by the paranormal, the unexplained, the six wing adds a sense of conspiratorial intrigue. They possess abundant nervous energy and are anxious to discharge their thoughts onto others, though the forcefulness of their ideas and sometimes frenzied delivery may overwhem their audience.

I’m mentally intense to be sure but I don’t feel as eccentric or as visionary as this description. Although I do think about alternate realities and the future is not the main thing occupied by my imagination. More likely, I’m thinking about my own life and where I’ve been and where I’m going. I’m not particularly interested in the paranormal or conspiracy theories. I’m more interested in things that have a scientific basis. It’s true I possess a bunch of nervous energy and I have a strong need to express my ideas to others but I’m careful not to do it in an overly forceful manner. My delivery comes across as more calm. If I overwhelm my audience, its more likely due to the complexity or overabundance of ideas, not in the method of delivery.

5w6 sx/sp - "From Another Planet." contributed by JaseLess attracted to mundane science, more likely to be captivated by the unusual and complex universes that populate cutting edge sci-fi. Slow to trust but driven to engage with others, may offer hints about their secret interests to test a person's receptiveness. They share their private ideas and knowledge as a way to get closer. This tactic may unintentionally win them many friends, but leave them just as removed from any romantic prospects. Not as nerdish though a bit on the odd side, others may find them strangely appealing. Overall, the most atypical 5w6, can be mistaken for 5w4.

I’m kind of bored with mundane science too. I like the more unusual and cutting edge aspects of it. I enjoy science fiction and the complex worlds created in the stories. The part about being slow to trust but driven to engage with others is definitely true of me. For me, if I can comfortably share my secret interests and eccentricities and not be negatively judged, then I know I’ve established true closeness. But I rarely offer hints about my interests as a means of testing receptiveness. It’s more the reverse. I have to know that the other person is highly likely to be receptive before sharing my interests. As far as nerdishness goes, I wouldn’t say I appear overly nerdy to others. I may be somewhat on the odd side. I’ve had people tell me I was odd, but overall I don’t think I give off the impression of being overly odd but who knows? I feel that I have a lot of 5w4 qualities but overall I’m pretty sure 5w6 is a better fit. I don’t think I’ve been mistaken for a 5w4. With the exception of one person, no one has challenged my 6 wing.

See how confusing this all is????
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^agreed. confusing, they are. :confused:
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As with most concepts discussed on this board, I wouldn't take anything I've read all that literally, as it's still a growing and burgeoning science.

Think about who you associate with, what their stackings likely are, then add to or rewrite what you've read.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Think about who you associate with, what their stackings likely are, then add to or rewrite what you've read.
    I seem to associate most with sp/so/sx and so/sx/sp

I sometimes have a harder time with SX first- I get overwhelmed by their intensity, I think. So would that be points against me being SX first?
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Overwhelmed how? Withdrawing outright, simply diminishing involvement while remaining, etc.?

As outlined in brainheart's thread, I've found sx/sp energy to be complimentary rather than overwhelming or overbearing.

Maybe you've a sp/so stacking?

thinking of you