User Tag List

View Poll Results: What stacking is Such Irony?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/so/sx

2 50.00%
  • sp/sx/so

0 0%
  • so/sp/sx

1 25.00%
  • so/sx/sp

1 25.00%
  • sx/sp/so

0 0%
  • sx/so/sp

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm reviving this thread since more people may have an opinion now that I've posted more.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Since joining, you've struck me as rather melancholy for an intp 5. How certain are you of your etype? e65? Settle on a dominant instinct yet? I'm thinking sp/so e65 intp.

thinking of you

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

From Helen Palmer's book:

The Subtypes
    Subtypes describe the concerns wich come from a need to preserve the private life from external influences.

Confidence in the one-to-one relationship
    5s live the personal commitment in a dual relationship toward sharing of confidence. The sexual subtype live even more that confidence by intense non verbals links than toward more commons relational modes. They feel deeply the intensity of a secret link. "Sexuality was the most free aspect of my life. We don't need to talk, nobody else need to know, there's is an immediate intimacy, and my bedroom was the only one place where my mother could'nt enter and invade me."

Totems in the social arena
    5s need to be in accordance with those who represent the core of the tribe, to give their opinion and receive a comment. Totems can extend to the serch of knowledge includes in fundamentals symbols, like scientific formula or esoteric paradigm. "I teach mathematics in an engeener school from years and I would have give up if there was not my authentic interest, the publication of a scholary journal. We have an world circle of reader whose number is less than one century, all esoteric mathematicians. The most part have never met each other, but I'm personally attached to them because of our common passion.

Castle in self-preservation
    5s see their home as refuge wich protect them from an invading world. They are concerned with the control of their personal private space "an view uterus". "I can't withdrawn in myself if there's a friend in the room. I'am so concious about what he's doing that, even if he's just quietly sat reading a book, I feel that he make as noise as an orchestra playing polka. My only one hope for concentration is to chase him or to get out myself to go in a café where nobody know me, and where I won't be disturbed.

Does it help?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I've been thinking alot about so/sx lately. Almost everything in that description fits like a glove. Except that then I'd be sp last and I think I'm too concerned about sp matters for it to be in the last position.

I've read all of the stacking descriptions for fives and I see I bits of myself in all of them. It's hard to pick the one I identify with the most. Pretty much anyone is up for grabs except sx/so/sp.
    Hmm perhaps you are an so/sx?, As for SP, perhaps you are going through what I call a retreat to SP last, as an Sx/so, I often notice that under stress I retreat to these worries about money etc, it almost feels as if there is a heaviness of the heart, like i'm trapped and there is this ceiling that I cannot get through. It's a very boxed-in anxiety thing, and it's directly rooted to SP-last In my opinion, Also I've notice that under stress during this SP retreat experience, I usually have these fantasies of absolutely giving up everything, moving to the other side of the world and dropping it ALL, to be free of this 'burden' yes monetary concern etc are burdens, burdens on experience of fully living life. But I can only give my experience as an sx/so, I've noticed a similar pattern with my girlfriend and best friend (who are both so/sx 4w3 INFPs), so I think how you react under stress would help indicate your variant.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    From Helen Palmer's book:

The Subtypes
    Subtypes describe the concerns wich come from a need to preserve the private life from external influences.

Confidence in the one-to-one relationship
    5s live the personal commitment in a dual relationship toward sharing of confidence. The sexual subtype live even more that confidence by intense non verbals links than toward more commons relational modes. They feel deeply the intensity of a secret link. "Sexuality was the most free aspect of my life. We don't need to talk, nobody else need to know, there's is an immediate intimacy, and my bedroom was the only one place where my mother could'nt enter and invade me."

Totems in the social arena
    5s need to be in accordance with those who represent the core of the tribe, to give their opinion and receive a comment. Totems can extend to the serch of knowledge includes in fundamentals symbols, like scientific formula or esoteric paradigm. "I teach mathematics in an engeener school from years and I would have give up if there was not my authentic interest, the publication of a scholary journal. We have an world circle of reader whose number is less than one century, all esoteric mathematicians. The most part have never met each other, but I'm personally attached to them because of our common passion.

Castle in self-preservation
    5s see their home as refuge wich protect them from an invading world. They are concerned with the control of their personal private space "an view uterus". "I can't withdrawn in myself if there's a friend in the room. I'am so concious about what he's doing that, even if he's just quietly sat reading a book, I feel that he make as noise as an orchestra playing polka. My only one hope for concentration is to chase him or to get out myself to go in a café where nobody know me, and where I won't be disturbed.

Does it help?
    Somewhat. Not a whole lot to go on there but I can eliminate SX. So either sp/so/sx or so/sp/sx.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Self-pres/Social
    In the average health range, this instinctual stacking is warm, friendly, and loyal. They need their down time and have no problem spending time alone. They actually value it very much. They feel an energy drain from people’s demands on them. This instinctual stacking is what is described in most Enneagram books. The most notable and potentially frustrating thing about people of this type is the difficulty involved in getting really close to them. While they can usually handle themselves socially, they always hold back when it comes to intensity or intimacy in a relationship which can frustrate a sexual variant type. Others are aware that there is more going on beneath the surface, but it can’t really be accessed. These Fives are masters at minimizing their needs. Even though they shy away from intense personal relationships they often have a lot of intuition about others. Their detached level of personal involvement somehow brings objectivity to their insights. They can be the most practical of the instinctual stackings.

Their issues usually revolve around demands made on their time. This can become problematic in personal relationships. This subtype has an ideal vision of what a close or romantic relationship should be, but given their concerns for protecting their space and time and lacking the instinctual drive of a strong sexual instinct, energy just doesn’t flow in that direction. Because this subtype is good at minimizing their needs they can get along fine with few relationships or without a romantic partner. With the social instinct second in the stacking, they generally do find friends or colleagues and they may even be married, but the need to maintain their own time to pursue their interests is always a point of contention

Social/Self-pres
    One might think that the energy of this subtype would be warmer and friendlier than that of the self-pres/social, but it doesn’t usually present that way. Because the social instinct is dominant, these Fives are much more aware of their role in the group. They are therefore more careful of their involvements with others. The social arena is more important and is invested with more energy, so these Fives will pull up faster and harder into self-pres mode if they should feel at all threatened. This will sometimes give others the impression of coldness. This subtype will center a lot of their intellectual interest around the workings of society, humanity or spirituality. This serves as their connection with people. By means of these abstract mental constructs, Fives of this subtype feel a sense of belonging socially, without having to be personally involved and invested. The healthier people of this subtype are, the more they are able to integrate their mental constructs with their actual experiences. They can really be content to adopt the role of “people watcher,” but they do it from a closer and closer perspective. Their blind spot revolves around the fact that they tend to convince themselves they can get along just fine in the observer role. It does feel safer to them. If they do have a few people relatively close to them, they can really strike a good balance between their need to withdraw and their need to connect to the larger social world.

This subtype could be seen as the most intellectual of type Five. The combination of the basic desire for knowing with the social instinct’s need to "fit in," makes people of this subtype want to find a niche as the expert. Their interest in structure, especially social structure, accentuates their natural inclination for acquiring knowledge. With the sexual instinct least developed, this subtype is in the position of having a strong pull towards understanding the workings of the world around them, without the emotional intensity of the sexual instinct setting up any distraction. These Fives fit the role of the scientist or professor quite well in this respect.

Here are a few examples:

[youtube=UxTqEJgdNXU]Daria 5w4 Sp/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=l-1Z2wi2uSA]Albert Einstein 5w4 So/Sp[/youtube]

[youtube=hkvBET7A2s0]Vladimir Pountine 5w6 Sp/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=mmd93lWbOsw]Bill Gates 5w6 Sp/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=1CwUuU6C4pk]Isaac Asimov 5w6 So/Sp[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Still not sure. The SP/SO and SO/SP descriptions I relate to equally well. I've discussed this over on an enneagram forum and there the consensus seems to be SO/SP.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Seems correct to me. You also identify more with 5w6 than 5w4 is'nt it?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Seems correct to me. You also identify more with 5w6 than 5w4 is'nt it?
    It's a close call, really. I posted a 5w6 vs. 5w4 thread on another forum. The majority seemed to think 5w6 with a couple voting for balanced wings. Thing is though, I'm not longer totally sure I'm a type 5. If I'm not a 5, I'm probably a 6 with a strong 5 wing or a type 9 with a 5 in my trifix.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

When you wake up in the morning, what do you hope beyond hope happens, even if you don't consciously admit it? That's where you find your instinctual variant.