User Tag List

First 234

Thread: INFP or INTP?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The definition I found for it was "A dreamlike musing or fantasy while awake, especially of the fulfillment of wishes or hopes."
    I saw that one too along with a blurb about it not being agreed upon by "experts." Since my night dreams (dream state) fit the one I posted and not that one which is actually about the subject and not the state, its the one I chose.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes.. I agree with your definition. The one I found was what gave me the impression I was not a daydreamer.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Heart... are you thinking of fantasizing as daydreaming maybe? Because I don't do much of that.
    No not necessarily "fantasy". BTW I already conceeded to the definition provided and wanted to focus now on the differences between what INFP daydream about and what INTP daydream about.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Yes.. I agree with your definition. The one I found was what gave me the impression I was not a daydreamer.
    Yup... I would have done the same.

MBTI
    INFP

ack I just realised I never said how grateful I am to you guys for helping me decide that I'm INFP so, um, thanks!
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think a good question to ask someone trying to find out which of these two types they are is to look at a) their values and beliefs and b) their hobbies and interests.

WobblyStilettos, I'd be grateful if you would write a description of these two ideas. That might give both myself and others an idea as to whether you have Ti or Fi as a dominant function.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    ack I just realised I never said how grateful I am to you guys for helping me decide that I'm INFP so, um, thanks!
    Glad to be of service.. And welcome again, WS.~

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think a good question to ask someone trying to find out which of these two types they are is to look at a) their values and beliefs and b) their hobbies and interests.

WobblyStilettos, I'd be grateful if you would write a description of these two ideas. That might give both myself and others an idea as to whether you have Ti or Fi as a dominant function.
    oki doki,
    a) I'm a christian, but not a bible-basher; I think no one should try and control what people should and should not believe and what I value most in the world is my family
    b) I haven't got all that much in the way of hobbies, I like reading, and listening to music I tend to like a good argument as well, as long as it's not too serious and no one gets very upset (a little annoyed is ok )
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

From that alone I'd say INFP. Reading the rest of your responses to others on the forum, I'd retain this belief. You seem to be quite emotionally expressive, too much so for an INTP IMO.