User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INFP or INTP?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay fair enough, but I think the topics of daydreams for INTP and INFP would be different.
    Undoubtedly so. You are quite right here. Although both types would spend time theorizing hypothetical scenarios, an INFP's daydreams would be more focused on some personal quest, while the daydream of an INTP would probably revolve more significantly around a systematic interest of their own.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFP

Given Seanan's definition, I would say I am a daydreamer.

MBTI
    xNTP

Nuclear reactors or chaos theory?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay fair enough, but I think the topics of daydreams for INTP and INFP would be different.
    You could be right but I take acception to the idea deep thought/daydreaming about relationship matters are FP and not particularly TP though. A trip to INTPc would show that relationships are a big deal and, therefore, pretty deeply thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Nuclear reactors or chaos theory?
    Occasionally, yes. But I suppose it would really vary from one INTP to another. I am very interested in theoretical physics and math, so yes, a lot of my daydreams focus on hypothetical thought experiments within those aforementioned realms. I also daydream about what could possibly occur in the future quite often. Sometimes for fun or out of sheer boredom, I daydream about weird scenarios, like, "what would happen if all water on planet earth instantaneously transformed into pea soup?," or "what is the most inventive yet efficient way to dispose of a rotting corpse without being caught?"
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Undoubtedly so. You are quite right here. Although both types would spend time theorizing hypothetical scenarios, an INFP's daydreams would be more focused on some personal quest, while the daydream of an INTP would probably revolve more significantly around a systematic interest of their own.
    I would say that my daydreams revolve more around interpersonal, emotional, psychological, literature, and related topics, but not of course exclusively, but predominating. Also dualities (good vs. evil, feeling vs. thinking, light vs. dark) and future possiblities.

MBTI
    xNTP

Acid bath would be my guess. Although I think you would still have to get rid of the teeth. Hmm ... angle grinder, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Acid bath would be my guess. Although I think you would still have to get rid of the teeth. Hmm ... angle grinder, perhaps?
    I decided that I would (1) preserve the corpse in fluids (to stop the smell, thus eliminating the possibility of neighbors becoming suspicious about the wretched fumes) and then (2) launch the corpse into deep space via a self-constructed space pod. Just in case (you never know), I will launch the space pod in the precise direction of the sun.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Heart... are you thinking of fantasizing as daydreaming maybe? Because I don't do much of that.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Heart... are you thinking of fantasizing as daydreaming maybe? Because I don't do much of that.
    The definition I found for it was "A dreamlike musing or fantasy while awake, especially of the fulfillment of wishes or hopes."