User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ISTJ vs INTJ

MBTI
    xNTP

I didn't even come close either. My grades were good but not great. And I hated "organized fun".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was somewhat of a troublemaker, actually. But I tended to express taboo ideas that got others upset. And then I just laughed at their reaction because I tend to believe that people who get offended by things are fools. Sometimes I like to ask people: "Do you even question exactly why you get offended by these ideas or are you offended by them because society told you to be?"

I enjoyed doing things to cause a state of unrest, but I usually never did anything that violated any specific school rules, just general mores.

And I was also the ultimate movie geek. I was never really interested in academic pursuits.

MBTI
    xNTP

I simply got bored very easily and would find other ways to amuse myself. Much to the chagrin of my teachers, naturally.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    How can you tell whether someone is the ISTJ type or the INTJ type? I know enough about MBTI theory to know that ISTJs have domSi and INTJs have domNi... the trouble is that behaviourally, I find it hard to tell them apart. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to tell the difference?
    I've been thinking on depicting in great detail the differences and misconceptions b/w all of the Types slushing through them two by two at a time with regards to xxxP or xxxJ Type siblings....As you've already agreed on all of my INFP depictions in my INFP or INFJ? thread, I wonder if you'll trust my intuitions on the rest?

Though, I should say, I don't know if you agreed on all, as you just proclaimed grief of horror in my knowing exactly how you INFPs work , so perhaps it's not all but most?

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

That would be very neat to see, DD.

But rather than simply do the J vs P, maybe try separating the types that frequently generate confusion? eg I'm thinking INFJ vs INTJ, INFP vs ENFP... that kind of thing.

And I thought I was expressing astonished relief Charlie Brown-style.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    That would be very neat to see, DD.

But rather than simply do the J vs P, maybe try separating the types that frequently generate confusion? eg I'm thinking INFJ vs INTJ, INFP vs ENFP... that kind of thing.

And I thought I was expressing astonished relief Charlie Brown-style.
    Hmm. INFJ vs INTJ seems easy for me to see the difference as my lil'sis is an INTJ and I'm an INFJ. We are very freaky to others if they 'see/hear' us say things at the exact same time as we were so quiet in listening. We constantly do it in private to. One might say something before the other and it's "I was just thinking that! You beat me!" or "Stop reading my mind, damn you!" (<--sis)
    I'm and taunt her next thought and next thought lol

I sometimes sound nicer, though, when speaking to people Here's a typical convo she and I have which I posted a while ago you might find interesting.

The J vs P to me has generated a LOT of confusion as people mistakenly believed that xxxP stands for Procrastinator whereas xxxJ is for Just Done (made that up, couldn't think of anything...). So, while they CAN be that, they can also be xxxP stands for Promptly Done and xxxJ can stand for Just ONE MORE THING! (<---guilty of that)

I'll take that in mind though, on which ones are usually mixed up.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    In my experience, if you are trying to tell ISTJ/INTJ...you look at how they look at you. ISTJs seem to have more of an openness about them, whereas an INTJ might look like, "Why is this person talking to me?"
    Yup, this pretty much explains perfectly the way one of my INTJ best friends and I are viewed. This particular INTJ went to a wedding with me once and I'm pretty sure he didn't talk to anyone but me the entire time, whereas I talked to at least a few people I had never met before and was able to at least fake a little bit of the "small talk." On the way home he was like, "I think I scare people...or they think I'm weird."

To the outside observer the way we behave is fairly similar. We are both good listeners, but like Kiddo said, the INTJ is a better listener than I. *I can completely ignore what people are saying sometimes...lol...but only if I think what they are saying is stupid* Also, he will rarely offer his personal opinion on something...he usually stays open-minded and neutral, whereas I am much more likely to state my position on something.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I always assumed that an INTJ was the closed to new experiences because their Ni leads them to live deep in their own world. So by living a life of repetition, there would be no reason to come out of that world. This is pretty much the way I am.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I always assumed that an INTJ was the closed to new experiences because their Ni leads them to live deep in their own world. So by living a life of repetition, there would be no reason to come out of that world. This is pretty much the way I am.
    Well, perhaps you lack competent or conscientious people around you.

INTJs wouldn't be closed due to their Ni---unless only relying on it. INTJs use Te as the driving force which takes Ni out and makes you respond to others in order to "organise" their thoughts if incorrect with logic or lost in 'emotional perspecitives'. That doesn't mean they're being pompous about it. It's a way they try to HELP others. It only becomes arrogant or rude if they are doing it out of spite because such others are ignorant or perceived idiots by the INTJ or their loved one isn't comprehending that they are trying to help them which leads to frustration (as Fi is your 3rd CP and not as developed) as they wouldn't know how to respond 'on a more emotionally understanding' level---unless they are an INTJ who's evolved in the full spectrum of their Cognitive Processing.

They can become more free to express themselves in their environment and not fear looking superfluously emotionally stunted so as to appear overly gratuitous but not retentive of their logical faculties at the time...so they look stupid for acting silly....intsead, they can become goofy or silly or anything happily displayed in front of others as they understand there is NO THREAT in being misunderstood. Even if so, it's fine as INTJs normally disregard the opinions of others if found lacking anyway. It would be more of a "Let them think what they want, they can't so much as bother me."....and maybe add "Stupid morons don't even know how to be happy, ha!"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Well, perhaps you lack competent or conscientious people around you.
    That's part of it, but I also rarely ever leave my house (okay, apartment) because my home is my castle -- I'm always in control.

I also don't have the confidence to stand up to other people or to even break my habits because they bring me a sense of security.

I also tend to enjoy doing remedial tasks in the outside world because I would still have power to my mind to muse over internal concepts and ideas. But when there are outside interruptions, such as a change of plan, I lose my internal concentration.

When a change in the plan happens without being warned in advance, I become enraged and yell at others, probably due to my inferior Se.