User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    4w5

All of these sound pretty accurate, so I'm going to go with INFX so far. My sister's going to help me with the cognitive functions, so pretty soon, I'll figure out my type! Thank you!

MBTI
    INTJ

Remember to post the results here.. And are you a girl under 20? guessing INFJ myself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because she loves academics and abstract subjects. ISFPs can be very intelligent, but SPs are the least likely to love formal schooling. I have an ESFJ friend who loves college classes in things that have application to helping people, but hates having to take anything that she doesn't see as having applicable relevancy, and SJs tend to be more traditionally school-oriented.

In fact, to make you feel better, I'll ask this: OP - do you prefer to read a lot of fiction, or do you prefer to read books that are non-fiction, fact oriented, or that teach you to do something?
    This still doesn't rule out a Sensor type, especially when SPs who enjoy learning are attracted to the thrill of it all, and they are dreamy and come up with crazy schemes. My SP ex was very interested in her schooling (the subjects that interested her) and came up with some crazy schemes from time to time.

My guess was XFP- no SJ example needed this time.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Because she loves academics and abstract subjects. ISFPs can be very intelligent, but SPs are the least likely to love formal schooling. I have an ESFJ friend who loves college classes in things that have application to helping people, but hates having to take anything that she doesn't see as having applicable relevancy, and SJs tend to be more traditionally school-oriented.

In fact, to make you feel better, I'll ask this: OP - do you prefer to read a lot of fiction, or do you prefer to read books that are non-fiction, fact oriented, or that teach you to do something?
    I'm in grad school (aiming for a career in research) and I read vast quantities of fantasy/sci fi as well as other fiction. I don't mind non-fiction but I'll typically only read it if I need to, or if I'm bored (and don't have a good fantasy book).

While you're right in that these aren't stereotypical traits, they aren't deciding factors either. If there's one exception, there are others. One thing is that I think SPs will aim more for science/real life-oriented subjects in university rather than say, english lit. Certainly bio in particular is fairly high in Ss. But several SPs here have majored in things like philosophy and english so again, not a deciding factor.

OP sounds IxFP to me, though there isn't enough info to say definitively. ISFPs are often very intuitive about people - and "intuitive" in general doesn't actually mean MBTI iNtuitive (shame about the confusing names). Ns are more concerned with abstract things - and Ss certainly can be (and are) good at and even enjoy abstract things, although the majority of our interests will usually be more concrete. It's more relevant to look at your overall view towards life, what kind of hobbies you like, how you learn best, what kinds on things are on your mind daily, etc.

IxFJ could also be possible; intj and any other T type seems less likely from this description.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    And are you a girl under 20?
    My username, untypeable, is a pun of Untouchable by Taylor Swift. I punned it because of the relationship of my previous inabilities to be typed.
    I don't own my profile pic or avatar (I wish I did ), yada yada yada...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain
    It often takes a lot of analyzing and introspective consideration to accurately discover what ones type truly is, but its all worth the journey of work required to do so, for you come out wiser about yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Algebra Teacher
    Don't steal any Harvard squirrels!

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's hard...I like books in general, but mostly it's either fantasy books (not so much anymore; they're losing originality with every Twilight and Mary Sue), sci-fi (which is entertaining), psychology books, mysteries (especially if they involve an autopsy or romance), and manga.

In general, I like fiction with a bit of Non-fiction sprinkled in.

Thanks for asking me. I'll post about the functions later, and I'll edit my type once my profile works.