User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    TiSe

Cognitive function tests are the worst thing to take if you are attempting to determine your type. By now you people should know that your scores are rarely consistent with your dominant and auxilary functions.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would like to second something that Jennifer said: NTJs very often are sharp dressers, probably because it caters to their need of feeling competent and somewhat superior. In my work environment, I deal with a lot of NTJs, and they usually beat the SJs hands down as far as clothes are concerned.

It also seems to me that a lot of what Keirsey describes about NT behaviour is actually related to NTP (himself being one), while - again as Jennifer already said - NTJs are somewhat different, as they have this urge to get stuff done and to accomplish something. Hence they seem less academic and more realistic.

You really spend too much tiome wondering about this. My guess is that you are an NTJ, and if not everything fits to perfection that is because on this planet we are 6 billion people and not only 16 - so there needs to be variation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Cheers for the feeback, people.

Yes, I do spend a lot of time wondering about this. It's one of my main interests. It's both intellectually stimulating and fun to categorise oneself and others. I'm attracted to all kinds of personality systems. It's something to do in my spare time. As much as I might attempt to convince myself that I study all this because of its practical value, I know that this is blatently not the case. I'll think (on the move) for hours, partying away to myself mentally. It is all mind games to me. Everyone has a hobby or major interest that they spend vast amounts of time on and from which they derive immense pleasure. Mine is personality. My personality.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

As much as I might attempt to convince myself that I study all this because of its practical value, I know that this is blatently not the case. I'll think (on the move) for hours, partying away to myself mentally. It is all mind games to me.
    Spoken like a true NT

As long as it is fun for you, that's fine, but I sometimes get the impression that it worries you - and that would be a shame....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    As long as it is fun for you, that's fine, but I sometimes get the impression that it worries you - and that would be a shame....
    Not at all; I genuinely enjoy discussing myself and others at length. Myself more than others, obviously.

MBTI
    TiSe

I would like to second something that Jennifer said: NTJs very often are sharp dressers, probably because it caters to their need of feeling competent and somewhat superior. In my work environment, I deal with a lot of NTJs, and they usually beat the SJs hands down as far as clothes are concerned.

It also seems to me that a lot of what Keirsey describes about NT behaviour is actually related to NTP (himself being one), while - again as Jennifer already said - NTJs are somewhat different, as they have this urge to get stuff done and to accomplish something. Hence they seem less academic and more realistic.

You really spend too much tiome wondering about this. My guess is that you are an NTJ, and if not everything fits to perfection that is because on this planet we are 6 billion people and not only 16 - so there needs to be variation.
    Hence the absurdity in making claims that inuitive types are similar as are all sensing types. These are exact arguments that I have made for some time that it's harder to tell STPs and NTJs apart in real life.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm so glad you shared this info and I read it. I was really confused by most of what I read at INTPc about dress. I've always dressed well... not necessarily expensively but well. Common attire is a blazer (weather dependent) and usually navy, jeans and plain T or button down... oh, but, yes the blazer will probably cost a bit for fit. That look has suited me in every age and takes me just about anywhere.. away from work... with a change from jeans to slacks or skirt. Girly has never suited my personality.

I don't think I agree with the "competence... superiority" statement though. I think, in myself, its more about insecurity if anything. I've been criticised and felt ill at ease so much socially that, in public, its a kind of armor against that.

I've spent time wondering about it because the descriptions of disheveled, rumpled, ill fitting, color contradictory attired INTPs over there just jumped in my face... the way I dress is one of the things about myself that really consistent and I've been both complimented and criticised for (everyone has to pick something and it rolls off when they pick that one )it would probably be a point most would use describing me to someone before meeting me.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Yes, I do spend a lot of time wondering about this. It's one of my main interests. It's both intellectually stimulating and fun to categorise oneself and others. I'm attracted to all kinds of personality systems. It's something to do in my spare time. As much as I might attempt to convince myself that I study all this because of its practical value, I know that this is blatently not the case. I'll think (on the move) for hours, partying away to myself mentally. It is all mind games to me. Everyone has a hobby or major interest that they spend vast amounts of time on and from which they derive immense pleasure. Mine is personality. My personality.
    I could have written this. I think it's Te in action. Constantly analyzing everything in one's environment and then attempting to relate oneself to it. Looking for an external source to understand the self, that source being an analytical system. Very much Te of the NT variety (SJ variety wouldn't be into all this theortical stuff, most likely, or at least, not to this extent).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Awesome.