User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hmm...i only wish i could flee when it's an in my face type person and they start berating me with questions and i feel like i'm being interrogated and/or judged...HATE that but i generally like most people so am happy to socialize when out.
    I like to socialize when people come to me, initiate conversation and so on. I like people and I love when they do that!

But when it comes to be comfortable around more than one stranger and initiating conversations... I'm not good, though I wish I was. Life would be more interesting...

But in the situation I said, when one friend presents one person to me, I'm really okay with it...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sounds more enfp to me but it's all so tricky because there's just so much variation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sounds more enfp to me but it's all so tricky because there's just so much variation.
    Yeah, it's very tricky, even contradictory. It's being hard to me to reach a conclusion...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i know...i still sort of question it too because julia roberts is supposedly an infp and she seems socialable to me...kinda chill but upbeat and seems to be enthusiastic...idk
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah i don't like to initiate conversation much either, even though i am happy to converse.

and aw julia roberts! i like her i'm surprised to hear INFP for her. she seems kinda bubbly for it.

I know I am assertive. Not necessarily in bad ways, but I've had a share of that too. To use an anecdote, even my dad, a fairly patriotic military ESTJ guy, would never want me to follow in his footsteps. Or rather, he thinks I'd get kicked out. Because he knows firsthand how non-compliant I can be.

It should be mentioned though that a lot of things aren't all that important to me to be assertive about.. so I don't exactly put off some "aggressive" vibe or anything, but when they are, people know it.

Anyways, assertiveness isn't anything out of the ordinary for INFPs. For example, Naomi Quenk writes in her book "Was That Really Me?" that INFPs are among the types that get the least stressed out - for the very reason that they let things loose when something's disagreeable to them. She says they may be more assertive than ISFPs even. People can disagree, but I would just point out that she oversees the MBTI manual itself. Her reasoning being that Ne's focus on possibilities rather than the "moment" makes them unsettled with staying in a situation "as is". Both generally are sensitive and don't like friction in their lives, but the ISFPs could possibly end up finding themselves in a bad spot because of the more wait-and-see-approach. While with INFPs, they're more likely to be critical, or if they want to quit a job, they'll just do it. On the downside, the whole book is more about shadow types - and the IFP "shadow" behavior in general is pretty vicious. Any hint of our self-effacing, get along attitude is thrown out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I know I am assertive. Not necessarily in bad ways, but I've had a share of that too. To use an anecdote, even my dad, a fairly patriotic military ESTJ guy, would never want me to follow in his footsteps. Or rather, he thinks I'd get kicked out. Because he knows firsthand how non-compliant I can be.

It should be mentioned though that a lot of things aren't all that important to me to be assertive about.. so I don't exactly put off some "aggressive" vibe or anything, but when they are, people know it.

Anyways, assertiveness isn't anything out of the ordinary for INFPs. For example, Naomi Quenk writes in her book "Was That Really Me?" that INFPs are among the types that get the least stressed out - for the very reason that they let things loose when something's disagreeable to them. She says they may be more assertive than ISFPs even. People can disagree, but I would just point out that she oversees the MBTI manual itself. Her reasoning being that Ne's focus on possibilities rather than the "moment" makes them unsettled with staying in a situation "as is". Both generally are sensitive and don't like friction in their lives, but the ISFPs could possibly end up finding themselves in a badspot because of the more wait-and-see-approach. While with INFPs, they're more likely to be critical, or if they want to quit a job, they'll just do it. On the downside, the whole book is more about shadow types - and the IFP "shadow" behavior in general is pretty vicious. Any hint of our self-effacing, get along attitude is thrown out the window.
    Thanks for the help!

Hmm, very good to know this. We must not be blinded by stereotypes.
    Last edited by cfs1992; 02-01-2011 at 09:27 PM.

I have to say though.. I just read your original post, and I'll say you sound ENFP as well. I'm not shy or unassertive either, but you seem to gravitate towards extroversion. I liked acting and music, for example, but I still kind of disliked being center-of-attention or be kind of selective with who I discuss things or perform with.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have to say though.. I just read your original post, and I'll say you sound ENFP as well. I'm not shy or unassertive either, but you seem to gravitate towards extroversion. I liked acting and music, for example, but I still kind of disliked being center-of-attention or be kind of selective with who I discuss things or perform with.
    I neither like nor dislike being the center of atenttion, I'm just indifferent about this, I just don't mind...

The only situation that I feel really uncomfortable, is when people is paying attention on me when I see no valuable motive for this, like in my birthday parties...

Yeah.. birthday parties are not my thing either. I mean, appreciate it, but please don't sing or announce to everyone it's my birthday. I could be getting old too, but I don't remember wanting to be "the birthday boy" exactly.