User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i personally think that ENFP profiles tend to be written in a way that exaggerates the E - as it turns out, many ENFPs here are rather socially introverted. but there is a difference between social introversion and cognitive introversion. if you are cognitively more focused on external possibilities than internal feeling, then you're a cognitive extravert, regardless of how you behave socially. Fi can be a strong beastie, and can manifest with particular strength because it's a Judging function, but for an ENFP, we will "return" to Ne on auto-pilot when Fi is calmer. on the other hand, an INFP will stay intimately in touch with Fi with guidance from Ne.

5. I hide my feelings. I prefer to "suffer" in silence and show a more pleasant face to the world.
    could really be either. INFPs are less outwardly emotional in general, but ENFP tends to be outwardly positive as long as the circumstances aren't running against our sense of personal ethics, even if we're pining or whatever.

and now, i present to you a brilliant quote:

Originally Posted by Coco
    [INFPs] are more like... dreamy teasy measy leasy, while ENFP seems more LOLPUMPKINS
    not to make any definitive calls for you, but i think that all the information you've written here points more to ENFP.
    You made a good point there. Socially speaking, when I'm close to Se/ Fe-like extroverts, I seem quieter. But when I'm close to REAL introverts, I see that they're quieter, more awkward/shy, kinda "stuck up" in my point of view (no offense), and and much less talkative than me. Sometimes I feel that they find my disinhibition/"crazyness" strange to their world, hehe, and do not stop saying "Oh, please, stop doing this, I'm getting embarrassed, people are looking at us..." and I get kind of: "Oh my God... what's the problem? " or they say "How you have courage to do this?". But of course, in these situations I have to "calm down" to put them at ease... cause I've got to respect other people's shyness, huh?

Oh, and I definitely seem more like a "LOLPUMPKIN" than like "dreamy teasy measy leasy"...

EDIT: Reading other threads, and searching for information, I concluded that I am an ENFP... Thank you all for the help!
    Last edited by cfs1992; 01-10-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Only a question, it's common to ENFP's to have a very good memory to remember dates of happenings and past events? Or be nostalgic or drawn to sad/ melancholic things often, or have few friends? Maybe I'm an particularly confident/ assertive/ not shy INFP or a specially withdrawn ENFP? I'm confused again...

Or it's just because ENFP's 4 are different from ENFP's 7...
    Last edited by cfs1992; 01-30-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Ginkgo

What color underwear do you wear?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

ENFP

INFPs don't ask if they're really ENFPs but ENFPs question their I all the time /scientific reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    ENFP

INFPs don't ask if they're really ENFPs but ENFPs question their I all the time /scientific reasoning
    I've witnessed many threads that prove this point...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol kasper has an excellent point there.

cfs have you read about the roles of the functions? theoretically, the functions behave differently depending on what position they're in, so one way to tell which type you are without trying to determine the strength of your functions - which, imo, is rather difficult because they manifest in rather different ways - is to determine which roles they fulfill.

our two most important processes, of course, are our dominant function and our auxiliary function:

the dominant function is correlated with the archetype of the "hero" - the main character of your story, the one that primarily motivates your actions moment-to-moment. it often feels very automatic, though it can also become overwhelming sometimes (eg, a Ne dom getting lost in the information/possibilities and having a hard time prioritizing them). it will be "mature" and you'll have very skilled usage of it - perhaps so much so that you haven't taken note of just how often you invoke it.

the auxiliary function correlates to the archetype of the "supportive parent", supporting and guiding the hero. it will help take over when the dom needs more assistance dealing with an issue, and it will give gentle nudges putting the dom on a track that's healthier for oneself, so that you don't get too unbalanced into only J or P, or I or E. it can, however, get "overprotective" sometimes.

as an aside, i see the tertiary function in ENFPs, Te, usually plays out in fairly consistent ways in terms of how we present information: you'll usually see our posts be intentionally clear - less wall-of-text and more separations. when we get very offended on Fi terms, we may "attack" via Te, launching a series of logical arguments, connected through Ne, at the offender. there was a whole thread about the ENFP "Te hammer", so i think it's pretty widespread throughout ENFPdom. i'm not as certain of how Si tert manifests in INFPs, though.

so essentially the question here, is -

is Fi your hero, guided by Ne?

or

is Ne your hero, guided by Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    lol kasper has an excellent point there.

cfs have you read about the roles of the functions? theoretically, the functions behave differently depending on what position they're in, so one way to tell which type you are without trying to determine the strength of your functions - which, imo, is rather difficult because they manifest in rather different ways - is to determine which roles they fulfill.

our two most important processes, of course, are our dominant function and our auxiliary function:

the dominant function is correlated with the archetype of the "hero" - the main character of your story, the one that primarily motivates your actions moment-to-moment. it often feels very automatic, though it can also become overwhelming sometimes (eg, a Ne dom getting lost in the information/possibilities and having a hard time prioritizing them). it will be "mature" and you'll have very skilled usage of it - perhaps so much so that you haven't taken note of just how often you invoke it.

the auxiliary function correlates to the archetype of the "supportive parent", supporting and guiding the hero. it will help take over when the dom needs more assistance dealing with an issue, and it will give gentle nudges putting the dom on a track that's healthier for oneself, so that you don't get too unbalanced into only J or P, or I or E. it can, however, get "overprotective" sometimes.

as an aside, i see the tertiary function in ENFPs, Te, usually plays out in fairly consistent ways in terms of how we present information: you'll usually see our posts be intentionally clear - less wall-of-text and more separations. when we get very offended on Fi terms, we may "attack" via Te, launching a series of logical arguments, connected through Ne, at the offender. there was a whole thread about the ENFP "Te hammer", so i think it's pretty widespread throughout ENFPdom. i'm not as certain of how Si tert manifests in INFPs, though.

so essentially the question here, is -

is Fi your hero, guided by Ne?

or

is Ne your hero, guided by Fi?
    Tough.

Many times in my life I get too much lost in possibilities. People sometimes criticizes me about my difficulty of defining priorities in my life.

One example of this, was when I was deciding (argh) a course for a major, to enter the college. I was the most LOST girl in my whole school, I changed the preparation classes many times, from humanities to engineering to literature, to history, after thinking about medicine, psychology, architecture, jounalism etc etc. Just in the end of the year I finally decided about literature afer realizing that I'm for this (Fi finally in action?). It was just an example. It drove me CRAZY for sure.

Then, I have a real trouble finishing things I start.

A Fi-dom would be more steady about those things, or not necessarily?

My values are very strong, it really acts like a "filter" of all this possibilities. I would never betray them. And I defend them, and know them very well.

What makes me wonder if I'm really an extrovert, is that I see many people saying that ENFP needs time alone to remember who they really are. I'm not like this. Even when I'm in touch with people, I never lose the touch with myself. It comes first for me.

The points I think I don't fit in INFP profiles, is the passiveness, and fragility that some profiles may present. And the irrationality (I personally think it's a myth). I'm kinda blunt and outspoken.

I love to be with people I like, but I don't run after people, just as an ESFP friend do. I wait people to make the first contact, and then, when I'm comfortable with them, I start to talk with them more freely... just a little observation about me.

But, I want to know if what makes me confused is just my "fourness" that makes me kinda withdrawn sometimes...

There is some crucial factor that defines if a person is an ENFP or INFP? I'm really confused.

Then I don't know if I'm blinded with an idealized self-image that isn't real, and I'm not sure how I really am IRL, due to my lack of life experience.

And thanks for the help!
    Last edited by cfs1992; 02-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know if this will be at all helpful but my boyfriend is an infp and when we are around his friends and family our energy is the same...we both talk about the same amount and everything but put us around strangers and he might be uncomfortable and wish they would go away and i'm like yay people! i'll talk and ask questions and he won't really.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't know if this will be at all helpful but my boyfriend is an infp and when we are around his friends and family our energy is the same...we both talk about the same amount and everything but put us around strangers and he might be uncomfortable and wish they would go away and i'm like yay people! i'll talk and ask questions and he won't really.
    Well, when I'm around my friends, family, and one friend/ family member presents me someone else, I act naturally. But, really, when I'm surrounded by strangers, even when I'm with a friend, I won't initiate anything... I will stay quiet wishing I could flee...

But I'm sure that I'm socially introverted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i only wish i could flee when it's an in my face type person and they start berating me with questions and i feel like i'm being interrogated and/or judged...HATE that but i generally like most people so am happy to socialize when out.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison