User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Do you suppose I should post those questions a few pages back in a thread of their own? If so, which subforum should it be in?

I'm always looking forward to learning about INFs, but the INFJ vs. ENFP threads I've seen... (shudder)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Also, to those to whom I seem to give off an INFP vibe, what about my descriptions (and overall style) seems Fi-ish?

(OH NOES! It's The Return of the Moribund Thread IV!)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Okay, here's a fun idea (more fun than the last five pages, at least): I'll describe some of my coping strategies/moods under less-than-pleasant circumstances (nothing extreme, like being accused of murder...) in the most awesomest way I know - Ace Attorney sprites!

Mildly Upset

("T-this doesn't look good...")

(Agreeableness becomes slightly forced)

(Aloofness, withdrawal)

Pretty Nervous / Stressed

("Look happy. Look happy.")

("T-this doesn't concern you...")

(Stiffness, nervous tics)

(Obsequiousness, fear of people getting angry or upset)

("I know all about that I READ IT ON WIKIPEDIA DAMMIT")

(Submission; "Maybe if I am well-behaved and do as they say, no one will criticize me")

("I dunno, I just do what I'm told")

("If I share my knowledge and insights, they will be under close scrutiny; better keep it away from those sharp eyes")

Red Alert

(Polite yet subtly threatening)

(Occasional bursts of vulnerability; fliching when threatened)

(ABORT ABORT ABORT)

(Defensive criticism)

(Forced smiles; attempts at emotional control with subpar results)

("Since no one else will, I'll solve the dang problem at once!")

(Seeking refuge from reality)

(avoiding human contact)

("Don't you dare pity me! I neither need nor deserve it!")

("Anything I do can and will result in embarassment and humiliation")

On The Inside

(Fear of hurting or being hurt; "hedgehog's dilemma")

(Shame; "I've disappointed those I care about and those who care about me")

("If I punish myself enough, no one else will be able to")

So, whaddya think?
    Last edited by Viridian; 03-05-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

based on these pictures, you look much more like an INFJ, but it would be foolish of me to make a decision based on them alone

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    S'okay, dude! Sorry if I sounded a bit pissed off. I've been wondering about the whole Five thing myself, since I've got no head for literary criticism or stuff like that. It's just, all I've been hearing about Fours makes them sound like people who embrace conflict, whereas I avoid it (it annoys even my ISFP mom, believe it or not). Plus, what is this thread for if not for people telling me what my type seems like?

And yeah, I see quite a bit of "type bigotry", especially towards SJs... but I think most people in this forum are open-minded and understanding, which is why I love it. I wish you luck in your own typology quest!
    you see this in on forums because they are domating by Ns types. In real life, there's way more prejudice against NTs, NF males, Is, an Ps. In America, people think NTs are heartless, all NF males are gay (this is friggin ridiculous), Is are anti social (not to mention that most people's definition of anti social is SO off) and Ps are lazy. hence, if you are an INTP or INFP male, most people misconceive you in your entirety.
    ENFPs on the other hand are kind of strange because most people have very strong opinions about us. I don't mean to be self inflating, but we're really kind of like celebrities sometimes. people either hate us and are extremely offended by us, want to be us or (much of the time) a little bit of both. as a child I found myself 1 minute making everyone in the class laugh for histerically and the next having people scream at me. fortunately for me, I'm also type 8 so I quickly learned how to socially bitch slap people (in extreme cases), subtly check them (used more often) and assume an heir of "I'm friendly but don't step to me"
    PS: I agree with brainheart, studying enneagram would be a great idea

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

oh and I almost forgot, if you speak with any kind of intelligence at all, people think you're arrogant, pretentious and weak (I really hate America lol)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Hey, you're here! Thank for the feedback, Elfboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    based on these pictures, you look much more like an INFJ, but it would be foolish of me to make a decision based on them alone
    Did you read the captions I put? They're relevant to what I was trying to express...

Also, I think you're aware of this, but, as you yourself said, you're a bit of an unusual ENFP (8w9, was it?). Some INFPs, especially Sixes and Nines, can be somewhat more insecure, or so I've been told. Shyness in Fi types seems to have less of a "shame" element, though...

you see this in on forums because they are domating by Ns types. In real life, there's way more prejudice against NTs, NF males, Is, an Ps. In America, people think NTs are heartless, all NF males are gay (this is friggin ridiculous), Is are anti social (not to mention that most people's definition of anti social is SO off) and Ps are lazy. hence, if you are an INTP or INFP male, most people misconceive you in your entirety.
    ENFPs on the other hand are kind of strange because most people have very strong opinions about us. I don't mean to be self inflating, but we're really kind of like celebrities sometimes. people either hate us and are extremely offended by us, want to be us or (much of the time) a little bit of both. as a child I found myself 1 minute making everyone in the class laugh for histerically and the next having people scream at me. fortunately for me, I'm also type 8 so I quickly learned how to socially bitch slap people (in extreme cases), subtly check them (used more often) and assume an heir of "I'm friendly but don't step to me"
    I know, I know, I've read it before... Keep in mind, I wrote that before this thread started. I'm just saying mutual understanding is important when considering these matters.

PS: I agree with brainheart, studying enneagram would be a great idea
    Hmmm... Do you suppose I should create a separate thread for thoughts on my enneagram?

Again, thanks! You've been a very good friend to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hmmm... Do you suppose I should create a separate thread for thoughts on my enneagram?

Again, thanks! You've been a very good friend to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I know this is going so sound crazy Viridian, but what about ENFP?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

And I'm saying this because your function order from strongest to lowest was this:

Ne Ti Fi Te Ni Si Fe Se

Therefore, considering that you mentioned that you don't use Ti that often, your order would go Ne - Fi - Te - Si, which just about fits.