• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supposed xNxP in need of help!

Peel

Hey guys!! Sorry in advance as I'm sure these threads have been done to death!

So I've been aware of MBTI for a while now, and was always kind of interested in it because honestly, I'm not that sure who I am. I've been taking the online tests every once and a while (I know they might not be that accurate but they're pretty convenient!) and have predominantly got INFP (with very slight intutitive and feeling values), but also have got ENFP, as well as INTP.

I'd be more than happy to call myself an INFP, but I feel that would probably be painting an overly optimisitic impression of myself - I'm not quite as saintly as they're made out to be and I find myself challenging my family of the "logic" in their opinions quite often. I'm also third year undergrad studying engineering (what I would think is a very, very, thinking orientated course) at a top university in the UK, and while this may point towards being a thinker, being able to help others, and make a difference through engineering has always been very important to me - I'll be going to Africa for two months this summer to build rainwater tanks for that very reason.

Sorry for being so long-winded! Hopefully some of you lovely people will be able to help me out here :)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
You don't know how many INFPs complain about the exaggerated saintly image of the type :) Also, family interaction often is different to usual interaction I have learned in these forums; you don't know how much I can argue with my parents, but it is not really that common with other people (at least in "real life").

Just saying, you don't have to rule out that type already just for the two points, because they are actually not uncommon for INFPs.

PS: I am studying business informatics, which is also apparently not so near to the stereotype of INFPs doing a literature major or so :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You might be ENFP. We're meaner, and more likely to point out logic.

We aren't as saintly as INFPs, or as passive as ISFPs. We're like the FP who will kick you in the face if you ain't down for the cause.

Peel

Thanks a lot for the helpful input guys :) It's been pretty interesting, and reassuring! Think I'm most likely to be a xNFP though I definitely feel like a T a lot of the time