• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning whether i'm really an INFJ?! Opinions please

jazzylas

MBTI Type
INFJ
Set the scene:

It's late at night and i'm busy doing what i constantly do...thinking, and this led me to the path of MBTI on Youtube. I figured, i'm an INFJ!!, i don't know any other INFJ's, maybe i can find someone relatable (on Youtube) who might make me think "i'm like that too, wow!...."

Didn't happen!

For the most part, i found myself thinking "most of these people act bored/depressed etc but seem REALLY nice", "they need a hug and some words of wisdom that they find relatable" then thought "maybe they're just strong introverts", i too am an introvert but i don't act this way i'm quite jovial, enthusiastic, apart of me is very good at giving advice that is specific to the character of a person, i like being creative and being adventurous (in my head :doh: ) but i am self confident and assertive, i guess i'm an introvert by the fact that i need time alone to recharge my batteries (and perhaps ponder my MBTI via the means of Youtube) and the fact i've more often than not tested as one, when i read online descriptions of INFJ i can relate almost fully to what is being said, but relating to real people is difficult. I read the comments on youtube where INFJ's speak about relating to whoever has done the video, me? i just think i want to feel that too and expected i would but don't. In the past i have tested as an ENFJ a few times, i just don't feel i relate to anyone though, i don't feel lonely just abit of an outsider trying to find my place which seems like it's never gonna happen and i think i should accept it but i don't think my life would be as fulfilling as i want it to be (if you get what i mean).

I don't want to ask a specific question, i just want other's opinions on what i have wrote. To be honest, i don't think it's possible to come up with a question for what i have said, i just hope you can understand it and tell me what you're interpretation/understanding is. Questions are welcome :)

(Side note : This actually took me over an hour to write, trying to verbalise what was in my mind wasn't easy, if it doesn't make sense...well i tried my best, it's from the heart.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm going to repeat something to you that was told to me, in a short, summarized condensed version: INFJs are emotionally controlled people who think before they speak and are naturally gifted at distancing themselves from their feelings in order to create the maximum positive outcome for ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.

Like INTJs are intellectual strategists, INFJs are social strategists.

If you're openly emo, blunt, find yourself being honest even when it's inconvenient to yourself or inappropriate to others, are easily carried away by your passions and "following your heart's truth" you might be an FP.

However, if you relate to what I said about INFJs and just consider yourself a more jovial, assertive version of that you might be ENFJ or just a less introverted INFJ.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
What about thinking through this in terms of functions, like Fe / Fi or Te / Ti? That might help you pin down a type you can relate to better.

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
You do seem like an INFJ or an ENFJ. I'm not really good at E vs I, because I'm having a bit of a problem with that myself.

Fe=can be afraid of saying something because they don't want to hurt other's feelings, putting everyone else before yourself, etc. (Those are just some things. Be aware that they do have their flaws, too)

Ni=thoughtful, insightful

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lately I've noticed just how wack my imagination is. Truly crazy thoughts sometimes, which I can turn easily into inspiration to create something. I think this is one of the most unique things about INFJs; flashes of insight and a very vivid imagination within that can seem contradictory to the cool facade without.

jazzylas

MBTI Type
INFJ
I identify with areas on both ENFJ and INFJ descriptions. I would say i'm more Fe and Ni though, i guess i'm a less introverted INFJ :)