User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Post Questioning whether i'm really an INFJ?! Opinions please

Set the scene:

It's late at night and i'm busy doing what i constantly do...thinking, and this led me to the path of MBTI on Youtube. I figured, i'm an INFJ!!, i don't know any other INFJ's, maybe i can find someone relatable (on Youtube) who might make me think "i'm like that too, wow!...."

Didn't happen!

For the most part, i found myself thinking "most of these people act bored/depressed etc but seem REALLY nice", "they need a hug and some words of wisdom that they find relatable" then thought "maybe they're just strong introverts", i too am an introvert but i don't act this way i'm quite jovial, enthusiastic, apart of me is very good at giving advice that is specific to the character of a person, i like being creative and being adventurous (in my head ) but i am self confident and assertive, i guess i'm an introvert by the fact that i need time alone to recharge my batteries (and perhaps ponder my MBTI via the means of Youtube) and the fact i've more often than not tested as one, when i read online descriptions of INFJ i can relate almost fully to what is being said, but relating to real people is difficult. I read the comments on youtube where INFJ's speak about relating to whoever has done the video, me? i just think i want to feel that too and expected i would but don't. In the past i have tested as an ENFJ a few times, i just don't feel i relate to anyone though, i don't feel lonely just abit of an outsider trying to find my place which seems like it's never gonna happen and i think i should accept it but i don't think my life would be as fulfilling as i want it to be (if you get what i mean).

I don't want to ask a specific question, i just want other's opinions on what i have wrote. To be honest, i don't think it's possible to come up with a question for what i have said, i just hope you can understand it and tell me what you're interpretation/understanding is. Questions are welcome

(Side note : This actually took me over an hour to write, trying to verbalise what was in my mind wasn't easy, if it doesn't make sense...well i tried my best, it's from the heart.)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

have you considered ISFP?

another way to try and figure it out is to deduce it by individual functions.

here's a good site: http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exe...onExegesisWiki

focus on... "am i more Fi or Fe? am i more Ni or Ne?" and etc.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm going to repeat something to you that was told to me, in a short, summarized condensed version: INFJs are emotionally controlled people who think before they speak and are naturally gifted at distancing themselves from their feelings in order to create the maximum positive outcome for ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.

Like INTJs are intellectual strategists, INFJs are social strategists.

If you're openly emo, blunt, find yourself being honest even when it's inconvenient to yourself or inappropriate to others, are easily carried away by your passions and "following your heart's truth" you might be an FP.

However, if you relate to what I said about INFJs and just consider yourself a more jovial, assertive version of that you might be ENFJ or just a less introverted INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

What about thinking through this in terms of functions, like Fe / Fi or Te / Ti? That might help you pin down a type you can relate to better.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

You do seem like an INFJ or an ENFJ. I'm not really good at E vs I, because I'm having a bit of a problem with that myself.

Fe=can be afraid of saying something because they don't want to hurt other's feelings, putting everyone else before yourself, etc. (Those are just some things. Be aware that they do have their flaws, too)

Ni=thoughtful, insightful
    My username, untypeable, is a pun of Untouchable by Taylor Swift. I punned it because of the relationship of my previous inabilities to be typed.
    I don't own my profile pic or avatar (I wish I did ), yada yada yada...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain
    It often takes a lot of analyzing and introspective consideration to accurately discover what ones type truly is, but its all worth the journey of work required to do so, for you come out wiser about yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Algebra Teacher
    Don't steal any Harvard squirrels!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Lately I've noticed just how wack my imagination is. Truly crazy thoughts sometimes, which I can turn easily into inspiration to create something. I think this is one of the most unique things about INFJs; flashes of insight and a very vivid imagination within that can seem contradictory to the cool facade without.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ

I identify with areas on both ENFJ and INFJ descriptions. I would say i'm more Fe and Ni though, i guess i'm a less introverted INFJ