• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, please?

Winter

MBTI Type
GIRL
Enneagram
ABCD
The INTP one spelled 'equipped' wrong. How do I know that information's accurate?

Winter

MBTI Type
GIRL
Enneagram
ABCD
Alright. So out of those, INTP and ISTP sound the closest. Function-wise, I sound INTP.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Will you answer any question?

In what setting are you often located?

G

Ginkgo

In what setting are you often located?

This reads like you're trying to figure out what "species" she is.

"Do you prefer fresh water over salt water?"

Winter, leave now. They're going to bag you up and skin you to be sold on the black market.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Just trust it? What kind of rubbish is that? :laugh:

It's rubbish that gets results. ;)

Alright. So out of those, INTP and ISTP sound the closest. Function-wise, I sound INTP.

She's now at least got a starting place.

Here's some more resources you can check out, Winter:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/intp/
http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/intj/

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/istp/
http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/istj/

How accurate does INTP sound? How about ISTP?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
A result can only be as good as the process used to obtain it.
If the process sucks, so will the results.

That isn't true.

A shitty process can actually get you the right results, time and time again.

Just look at Ptolemy's astronomical predictions...

That being said, when it comes to my process, worrying about the fact that "equipped" is misspelled is about as trivial a complaint as can be.

KDude

Those who are honest with ourselves are doomed to see a lot of variation in "functions" play out in our lives. :doh:

That said, it might be a good start to focus on what doesn't play out as much.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, after the need for honesty, comes the need for accuracy.

Seeing a lot of variation in functions could be due to a lack of honesty, or a lack of accuracy, or because it really just is the case.

Jaguar

That is not true.

The shitty process can actually get you the right results, time and time again.

That being said, when it comes to my process, worrying about the fact that "equipped" was misspelled is about as erroneous an error as can be.

Ok, Victor . . .

To insinuate that the misspelled word has anything to do with a process/result is nothing more than a weak attempt to take the conversation off course. Save those switcheroo games for the kiddies. We both know the "processes" used to assess type stinks. Oh, unless you want to ask Winter whether she/he prefers mustard or ketchup, then you will certainly have created the process to hit the mother lode of accuracy. :newwink:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ok, Victor . . .

C'mon... if you're gunna complain about a weak attempt to take a conversation off course...

To insinuate that the misspelled word has anything to do with a process/result is nothing more than a weak attempt to take the conversation off course. Save those switcheroo games for the kiddies.

Umm... actually, I was just continuing the line of conversation...

To review:

Winter said:
The INTP one spelled 'equipped' wrong. How do I know that information's accurate?

Zarathustra said:
Heh. Just trust it.

Jaguar said:
Just trust it? What kind of rubbish is that? :laugh:

Zarathustra said:
It's rubbish that gets results. ;)

Jaguar said:
A result can only be as good as the process used to obtain it.

Zarathustra said:
That isn't true.

A shitty process can actually get you the right results, time and time again.

That being said, when it comes to my process, worrying about the fact that "equipped" is misspelled is about as trivial a complaint as can be.

The only issue raised with my process at that point was the misspelling of the word "equipped", which is why I laughed.

If you want to take specific issue with another part of my process, feel free to raise that issue -- but it has not been raised yet, so I was not pulling a switcheroo.

We both know the "processes" used to assess type stinks. Oh, unless you want to ask Winter whether she/he prefers mustard or ketchup, then you will certainly have created the process to hit the mother lode of accuracy. :newwink:

Well, that's fine and all, but, per her words:

Type me, please?
Find my MBTI thing?
So, like, feel free to ask questions or whatever to help determine my type.
Please and thank you! :3

I was just doing as she asked.

Jaguar

Let's try this again. A result can only be as good as the process used to obtain it.

If you don't agree, I don't care.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Let's try this again. A result can only be as good as the process used to obtain it.

If you don't agree, I don't care.

It's not that I don't agree that better processes are better than worse processes.

It's also not that I don't agree that the functions could be make-believe, or that MBTI-prescribed function order could very well be wrong.

Nor do I disagree that tests could simply give you a result to those tests, and not actually be telling you anything real about yourself.

And I know that you know that I don't make those kinds of assumptions, cuz I contend as much with pretty consistent regularity...

But, if someone's trying to find her MBTI-type, regardless of whether or not that's something useful or real at all, I do have a process for helping them find it.

Putting the reality of the MBTI model aside, who knows, maybe my method is not accurate... but, likewise, hell, maybe it is...

I've done it for a number of other people who ended up thinking that the result was pretty much spot on.

How do I do it?

I ask them three questions, and then offer them the most likely profiles, according to their answers.

1. I ask them a question to see whether they are an introvert or an extrovert.
2. I ask them a question to see whether they have a higher preference for thinking or feeling.
3. I ask them a question to see whether they have a higher preference for intuition or sensing.
4. And, finally, I have them read the profiles for the two (or four, or eight, or 16) types I could have potentially narrowed them down to, based on their answers to 1,2, and 3.

I don't tell them they are absolutely that type, can be nothing else, and that there's no more complexity to their personality than these 16 discrete, distinct, cut-and-dry boxes.

I give them a number of potential fits, and information for further consideration/study.

And if they have further questions about typology's reality or complexity, I'm here to help them with what information I can.

:jesus: