• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is My Sister?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I've done one for my bro why not do one for my sis? So far the only thing that I can be certain on is that she is probably an ESxx of some sort. Aside from that here is a list of facts concerning her:

-She initially wanted to aquire a practical job with a degree in meteorlogy, but since going to community college has decided to major in art instead.
-She enjoys drawing a lot, posting most of her work of Deviantart.
-If I critisize her art she will get angry with me, she seems to be rather sensitive to any negative advice.
-She turns into a romantic sap around her equally romantic boyfreind.
-She is constantly snarky, can be very rude and disrespectful when she wants to be.
-Loves cosplaying, espcially going to anime conventiones with her friends.
-Skypes with her other freinds whom she doesn't see all that often.
-Usually keeps things like her agenda organized, but is otherwise somewhat messy.
-She is typically bossy and in charge of things.
-She is an ambitious student, getting straight A's through-out high school in mostly honors courses.
-She (like my brother) hates the whole meyer-briggs thing entirely.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone? Have I not posted enough information again?

MissLizzy

Maybe ESTJ? SJ's can be artsy too, my father, for example, is an ESTJ and worked as a graphic designer... :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been thinking that ESTJ could fit very easily as well: when she wants to be bossy and in control she can be, and she certainly isn't afraid to talk back to anyone if she feels justified. She also fancies herself a complete adult, despite the fact that she can sometimes behave in a childish manner.

Sunny Ghost

i dunno... sensitive made me think she's a feeler type.

also, how positive are you that she's ESxx?? keep in mind, ESTJ's rely on Te first and foremost, then Si. the ESTJ female i know in real life has a love of history and books and has never mentioned art nor has any artistic interest. she loves showing off her Te and regularly attends any and all trivia events at the bars as she can. not to mention she loves debating out facts with anyone she can.

i've known some ESFJ's however, that do lean towards art. however, they prefer more traditional and realistic jobs and will typically leave the arts to being hobbies and not careers.

this is just my experience with ESxJ types. they are traditionalist and rigid (in a way).

being into the arts, cosplay, sensitive, etc. makes me leave towards ESFP. but that's if you are certain she's ESxx.

being bossy and in charge can be either ESFP or ESFJ. you'll just have to decipher if she's relying on Se or Si. both are people-people and can be charismatic and entertaining.
for a long time i thought my exboyfriend was an ESFP. he loved art, was a drama major, loved skateboarding and bmx. but it finally dawned on me he was actually an Si user and not Se. he was a bit more rigid... and what i mean by that is if a person went against one of his beliefs or perhaps if upon first meeting there was a clash of some sort, he pretty much banned this person out of his life and had utter and unwavering dislike towards the person. (this is a trend i noticed in my sister who is also an ESFJ, as well as another exboyfriend of mine whom was an ESFJ.) but... some ESFP's can be mean as well. and it's usually due to hurt and insecure Fi.

being snarky and rude is usually due to hurt and insecure Fi as well. Fe users are typically (but not always) more aware of how their feelings are being displayed around others. however, some Fe users will manipulate by being snarky and rude for display purposes, if that's what they are after. my own sister was prone to this sort of display in the hopes of capturing parental attention growing up, or to display to another person general dislike. (this is simply from my understanding of Fe and Fi, plus my own experience of differences between me-Fi and my sister-Fe.)

hope this was helpful.

pastel~petals

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Overall, your sister sounds like an ESFJ to me (which happens to by my own Type). Here are some ESFJ traits that stand out from other Types:

They take all criticism personally, whether it is given as constructive criticism or not. Since I learned about MBTI I have worked on this weakness in myself, and am much better at handling it. If your sister gets angry with you in an upset, expressively emotional way, I would say that is very ESFJ-like.

They want harmony between people and can't stand conflict, unless they become angry with someone.

They are friendly and sociable people, who need to "fit in" with their group. They are very hospitable and love to make their guests feel at home. They want to make sure that everyone has what he needs and that everyone has a good time. They are also very service-oriented, which I think is related to being hospitable.

They are organized, but only when they want to be. Usually they keep things that they care a lot about well organized. They don't like to clean up a messy room for the sake of cleaning it up. If the mess doesn't get in their way and they don't feel obligated to clean it up, then chances are, they'll let it be!

If these traits sound like your sister, then chances are she is an ESFJ.

I've been thinking that ESTJ could fit very easily as well: when she wants to be bossy and in control she can be, and she certainly isn't afraid to talk back to anyone if she feels justified.
This does sound like an ESTJ, but keep in mind that ESFJs can also be quite bossy and controlling when they want to.

About her interest in art--I am an ESFJ and I was very into art for awhile. I was planning to become an artist as a profession, but after learning about Personality Types I concluded that I would be better suited to something more Extraverted. Art is still a hobby that I enjoy being fairly good at. You might be interested in reading the "SJ Artists?" thread and seeing if anything in there sounds like your sister.
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/35326-sj-artists.html

I hope this helps!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by IndyAnnaJoan
also, how positive are you that she's ESxx?? keep in mind, ESTJ's rely on Te first and foremost, then Si. the ESTJ female i know in real life has a love of history and books and has never mentioned art nor has any artistic interest. she loves showing off her Te and regularly attends any and all trivia events at the bars as she can. not to mention she loves debating out facts with anyone she can.

My sister is definitely an extrovert, ever since she was young she has always been a people person who liked to socialize often with others. Although Te actually wouldn't fit her, nor Ne, so I can conclude that she is either Se or Fe dom.

i've known some ESFJ's however, that do lean towards art. however, they prefer more traditional and realistic jobs and will typically leave the arts to being hobbies and not careers.

this is just my experience with ESxJ types. they are traditionalist and rigid (in a way).

being into the arts, cosplay, sensitive, etc. makes me leave towards ESFP. but that's if you are certain she's ESxx.

She was somewhat unsure of what exactly she wanted to do in terms of future carrer; if she puts her mind to it there are many academic subjects that she can excel at, but she also likes to draw a lot and use photoshop. My mother actually suggested that mabye art would be a more suitable carrer choice for her, but even so my sister is only just starting community college.

She can be tradtional and rigid at times, and she often has a preference for getting certain things done sooner rather than later, even if she can afford to waste time on making such a desicion.

being bossy and in charge can be either ESFP or ESFJ. you'll just have to decipher if she's relying on Se or Si. both are people-people and can be charismatic and entertaining.
for a long time i thought my exboyfriend was an ESFP. he loved art, was a drama major, loved skateboarding and bmx. but it finally dawned on me he was actually an Si user and not Se. he was a bit more rigid... and what i mean by that is if a person went against one of his beliefs or perhaps if upon first meeting there was a clash of some sort, he pretty much banned this person out of his life and had utter and unwavering dislike towards the person. (this is a trend i noticed in my sister who is also an ESFJ, as well as another exboyfriend of mine whom was an ESFJ.) but... some ESFP's can be mean as well. and it's usually due to hurt and insecure Fi.

At this point I'm now confidant that she is ESFx. She can be more rigid and structured than flexible and she is definitely a dominate type of person. Although this leaves me unsure if an Fe dom would act so rude at times, but I don't particularly see too much Se in her.

being snarky and rude is usually due to hurt and insecure Fi as well. Fe users are typically (but not always) more aware of how their feelings are being displayed around others. however, some Fe users will manipulate by being snarky and rude for display purposes, if that's what they are after. my own sister was prone to this sort of display in the hopes of capturing parental attention growing up, or to display to another person general dislike. (this is simply from my understanding of Fe and Fi, plus my own experience of differences between me-Fi and my sister-Fe.)

This would have me beleive that she is more Fi then Fe, and therefore ESFP. Although her rudeness at times is often around people she is already close to (like me), and I'm fairly certain she is probably more civil in the presence of her friends or associates. She does work at a bookstore (and for a short time an amusement park) which required her to be around a lot of people, and she is very feeindly towards other strangers as far as I know.

hope this was helpful.

It was very helpful, thank you. :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by pastel~petals
They take all criticism personally, whether it is given as constructive criticism or not. Since I learned about MBTI I have worked on this weakness in myself, and am much better at handling it. If your sister gets angry with you in an upset, expressively emotional way, I would say that is very ESFJ-like.

They want harmony between people and can't stand conflict, unless they become angry with someone.

Sounds like my sis, she doesn't really seem to enjoy conflict at all even though she can get defensive in arguments. And when she is angry she is often expressive of it, but otherwise I think she values harmony a lot more.

They are friendly and sociable people, who need to "fit in" with their group. They are very hospitable and love to make their guests feel at home. They want to make sure that everyone has what he needs and that everyone has a good time. They are also very service-oriented, which I think is related to being hospitable.

This also sounds like her.

They are organized, but only when they want to be. Usually they keep things that they care a lot about well organized. They don't like to clean up a messy room for the sake of cleaning it up. If the mess doesn't get in their way and they don't feel obligated to clean it up, then chances are, they'll let it be!

Oh this sounds exactly like her. Her room is a mess, but since it is something she doesn't really care about too much she doesn't really take any initiative to do anything about it.

If these traits sound like your sister, then chances are she is an ESFJ.

ESFJ so far seems like the most likely of all types (almost equal with ESFP).

This does sound like an ESTJ, but keep in mind that ESFJs can also be quite bossy and controlling when they want to.

About her interest in art--I am an ESFJ and I was very into art for awhile. I was planning to become an artist as a profession, but after learning about Personality Types I concluded that I would be better suited to something more Extraverted. Art is still a hobby that I enjoy being fairly good at. You might be interested in reading the "SJ Artists?" thread and seeing if anything in there sounds like your sister.

Browsed through the thread, yes the possibility of her being an artisitc ESFJ is very likely, although I think at this point in her life she is just unsure what she wants to do (she is 18 btw) and art for her is more of a hobby than anything else.

I hope this helps!

It was very helpful, thank you. :)