Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Help Type My Little Brother

Okay so for the longest time I've been trying to type my younger brother (age 16), but unfortunately he has no interest in MBTI, and most of his responses when I ask him about type are "I dunno". So I decided since he's uncooperative I'll just list a bunch of random traits and have the good old typology community to help me.

So far I'm sure (sorta) that he's xxFP, but I could be wrong.

-He initially wanted to be a chef (even though he's never cooked a thing in his life), know he's more interested in mastering various forms of martial arts (all of them)
    -He does seem to daydream a lot, often keeps to himself at home
    -Isn't doing too well in school, procrastinates on school work, and would rather do nothing but watch TV all the time
    -He does sometimes ask me about what if's, although they're usually goofy and unrealistic
    -His interests include Magic the Gathering, reading manga, watching tv, tea-kwon-do
    -He doesn't like in-depth/philosophical or intense dramma thrillers all that much, more into typical action/lots of epicness movies
    -He's a hugging machine
    -He's a cloudcookoolander (random imagination)
    -He laidback and fun to hang out with
    -will put a smile on just about anyones face via his charming personality
    -His mood tends to fluxuate rather easily
    -Seems well balanced in personality, doesn't really care for MBTI all that much
    Last edited by Savage Idealist; 12-08-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Soooo..... should I provide more information on him? I mean I did only post seven facts concerning his personality, how much else should I share?

Five more.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^The other five facts have been included.

ISFP?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Does he tend to have close friends he would always hang with or a general compound of friends he doesn't mind being around?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Nicodemus
    ISFP?
    I've intially thought that as well, but his constant daydreaming and weird imagination make me think that he might be more N than S.

Originally posted by Oakysage
    Does he tend to have close friends he would always hang with or a general compound of friends he doesn't mind being around?
    I'm not entirely sure, I mean I know that he has friends at high school, but as to how he interacts with them I'm not sure. He never seems to take the initative to ever leave the house and visit these freinds, and he mentioned to me that although he likes being around friends he does need alone time. So I'd be more inclined to say the former, but aren't ISFP's often considered the most extroverted of the introverts?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I thought ISFP as well when I read the OP. My little sister is a confirmed ISFP and doesn´t completely fit the stereotype in that she´s a research scientist. Sensors also daydream. Maybe he´s close on the S/N barrier.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Red Herring
    I thought ISFP as well when I read the OP. My little sister is a confirmed ISFP and doesn´t completely fit the stereotype in that she´s a research scientist. Sensors also daydream. Maybe he´s close on the S/N barrier.
    True, both sensore and intuitives daydream, perhaps if I don't take that into complete consideration I would lean more to S for him. Although, does Ne relate directly with daydreaming, or does it have to be about pondering the theoretical implications of certain matters along with interpreting connections and symbols? Because as far as I know, I don't think my brother daydreams about anything like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Well I see my own aux Ne as an association machine. It´s either "What if x happend" (start of wild phantasy) or "a reminds me of b which reminds me of c, etc.". It´s what searches for answers to questions like "What does a purple herring have to do with the number of stamps you put on an envelope of a letter to the south pole (if it´s a mondy)?". Coolest function ever!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari