From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default Type a friend of mine

I'm debating if this person in question is of the NT or NF variety, because I notice some overlap.

One of my friends is an introvert and shy but at times can seem outgoing. He's got a knack for figuring out what I am going to say next, and tends to think/process information in an abstract yet organized fashion. Family is very important to him, and he's very loyal to his friends. When I first knew him, he was a bit moody and intense, but as time progressed, he's mellowed out. He doesn't show it, but deep down he is a romantic. He has a preference for getting things done quickly, and can figure out how a system works... involving both theories and people. Takes a while for him to warm to you, he seems initially cold, but when you get to know him, he is warm. Very bright person, definitely seems confident in what he knows about, although when it comes to talking about his abilities, he is humble about them, doesn't brag at all. He seems outwardly like an INTJ... but inwardly an INFJ. What type do you guys think he could be most like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

One of my friends is an introvert and shy but at times can seem outgoing. He's got a knack for figuring out what I am going to say next, and tends to think/process information in an abstract yet organized fashion Ni. Family is very important to him, and he's very loyal to his friends Fe, maybe Fi. When I first knew him, he was a bit moody and intense, but as time progressed, he's mellowed out. He doesn't show it, but deep down he is a romantic probably F. He has a preference for getting things done quickly, and can figure out how a system works... involving both theories and people Te. Takes a while for him to warm to you, he seems initially cold, T but when you get to know him, he is warm F. Very bright person, definitely seems confident in what he knows about, although when it comes to talking about his abilities, he is humble about them, doesn't brag at all. He seems outwardly like an INTJ... but inwardly an INFJ. What type do you guys think he could be most like?
    From what I bolded I think the possibility of INTJ could work; he definitely seems like an Ni dom, and INTJ's use both Te and Fi, in this case it seems his Fi would be fairly developed. Although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another possible type, just that INTJ seems to fit somewhat well.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

So I could be picking up on his tertiary Fi, which is why he seems warm. Might be a well-balanced INTJ. I do know that in times of stress, he gets temperamental and defensive towards what he believes is the right thing to do. Probably the most individualistic person I've ever came across. At times he can be quite blunt. Some of my friends that are aware of MBTI think he's an INFJ, but I get more of a INTJ vibe. Whenever I've said something that was factually incorrect, he would always correct me, which seems much more of an INTJ trait. Could be one of the rare INTJ type 4s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I knwo this might be somewhat of a stretch, but have you considered the idea of him being an ENFP? Under that type his middle functions would still be Fi+Te, with Ne as his lead function. Or his N more introverted based? I mean if not, I'd still say he might be INTJ type 4w5, although I would need more information on him to be presicely sure.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

He doesn't seem extroverted at all. He's more of the type to stay at home, or I'd find him studying in the library. I find his intuition is more introverted. He has a knack for predicting what the person will say next, and if he has a specific goal in mind, he stubbornly wants to see it through. He likes to have things organized, which seems more of a J trait. He tends to like music, art, or books that have an abstract theme, but make sense. He tends to live inside his mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

In that case, I would say he's probably an INTJ 4w5, with a well developed Fi. Although, INFJ 5w4, with a well developed Ti could be possible; would you say his feelings are more personal based ethics (Fi), or focused on group harmony among other people (Fe)? Same question reagarding Te and Ti; if he has Fe+Ti, then INFJ, if Te+Fi, INTJ.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I notice in groups, he tends to keep things fair and balanced. In school projects, he asks all the members of the group what they would like to have happen in the project, and if there's a disagreement, he has us vote on it. The thing that has most votes gets to pass go. When it comes to his feelings, it has to do with being his own person, remaining true to what he believes is morally correct. He doesn't look for conflict, but he isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes is factually true, and what he believes in. At times he can delve deeply into topics and pick things apart, but most times he talks about the steps he used to arrive at a given goal he has. He can be diplomatic and polite though. Perhaps he has a better developed Fe for an INTJ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

INTJ with well developed Fe could be possible too, which would make him somehat bornerline on the T/F scale (it would also explain why this was the most difficult area to type him). But anyway he seems like he could be a very emtoionally mature INTJ, although have you ever asked him personally about MBTI and type?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I haven't asked him about MBTI and type, but it might be something interesting to him.

But I think it would be reasonable to conclude he is an INTJ 4w5 with developed Fe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well until he learns of MBTI himself, I concur with the final decision of INTJ 4w5 with well developed Fe.