Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Yeah, INTJs I've interacted with have seemed the type to want to educate the kids with practical advice for life.
    I'm not sure if I've ever known an INTJ female, but every INTJ male I've ever known whether he was my teacher or my friend, older than me or my age, has taught me something. I wonder if this is just the nature of the NT, though.

When it comes to advice, especially when it comes to figuring out a career path for someone, I feel like a damn Harry Potter sorting hat! Can't seem to fight the Fe instinct.

Is it just me, or do some INFJs have a chaotic system for getting things done... it may seem convoluted as hell, and inefficient, but it gets the job done. Tendency to over-complicate things. INTJs, on the other hand, are much more concise in getting the job done... it seems much more stepwise, less haphazard.
    Yes, I think that's true because INFJ systems concern people, and people and relationships can be "messy." INTJs seem more "focused" to me, even when they're dealing with people.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is it just me, or do some INFJs have a chaotic system for getting things done... it may seem convoluted as hell, and inefficient, but it gets the job done. Tendency to over-complicate things. INTJs, on the other hand, are much more concise in getting the job done... it seems much more stepwise, less haphazard.
    It's rather chaotic for me as well...

I know it'll all turn out just fine, and I more or less know the steps along the way, but my problem is that I set up very ambitious projects that require much time and labor to follow through on...

Once they're done, though...

Figuring out what the picture means from an overall perspective is a beautiful thing. Everything ties up in a package of information. The fun part is sending the package to another person, and they unwrap the information, and then they get it in the same way you do. One of the reasons why I love educating people, when the lights go on in their head and they understand a concept. Trouble is, I find that describing things to minute details can be very painstaking, tedious even. It can be stressful, because I can get so caught up in the details that I fail to see the big picture, and it doesn't feel natural!
    I agree that it can be very draining...

The delivery is an art.

To my benefit, I majored in rhetoric, so I got a lot of practice.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm not sure if I've ever known an INTJ female, but every INTJ male I've ever known whether he was my teacher or my friend, older than me or my age, has taught me something. I wonder if this is just the nature of the NT, though.

Yes, I think that's true because INFJ systems concern people, and people and relationships can be "messy." INTJs seem more "focused" to me, even when they're dealing with people.
    I'm chaotic when it comes to physically doing things... but when it comes to interacting with people, I am focused and determined. Dealing with relationships... it can be messy and not operate like a beautiful theory in science does, but I try to give the best advice I can when telling someone what to do in a difficult situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's rather chaotic for me as well...

I know it'll all turn out just fine, and I more or less know the steps along the way, but my problem is that I set up very ambitious projects that require much time and labor to follow through on...

Once they're done, though...

I agree that it can be very draining...

The delivery is an art.

To my benefit, I majored in rhetoric, so I got a lot of practice.
    Nothing like Ni standards of excellence, or desired outcomes. lol A lot of my desires are quite ambitious!

The delivery of a concept is an art for certain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche