• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is he really an ISFP?

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been dating this guy for about two years now, and sadly, I'm still confused as to what type he is. He's taken the tests (which he scored ISFP on) and relates to a lot of the stuff he's read, but there's just something about that's not so... ISFPish. I dunno what it is... but anyways, here is a list of his characteristics:

- He's very skilled on the guitar. He loves anything heavy, classical, or punk. He doesn't really like any of the mainstream stuff, but respect other people's music.

- He's a fast thinker. You can come up with the most hardest question in an interview, and he'll respond in no time, with no problem at all.

- Very good at math. Not so much in English (grammar wise). Dislikes both of them though.

- Very protective over family. When there's a problem, he gets involved immediately.

- He likes to order around his little sisters though. He loves them but doesn't really show it. He calls them names all the time and tells them to make him sandwiches.

- Is very good at talking and charming other people whereas I suck at it.

- Doesn't really cry. lol. Whereas I have a good sob every two days, he hardly sheds a tear over anything. He says it's because ever since he was little, he was taught that crying was a sign of weakness, so he just learned how to supress it.

- LOVES video games. He loves anything with a good storyline and amazing graphics - like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Phantom Brave, etc. He also likes stuff like Marvel vs Capcom just cause its so crazy. One of his other favorite types of games are tactical ones. He hates Halo.

- Majoring in video game development. He wants to make his own MMORPG. He would rather go after his dream instead of following what others want.

- He's very sexual. :blushing:

- Great with kids. They love him so much it's ridiculous. Will not tolerate bullshitty-ness though. He'll only yell if they lie about something though. Not like rage, but just say it really stern and loud. He hates liars.

- Acts totally different when he's around his buddies than when he's around me. He just seems more outgoing, very talkative. He goofs off around a lot when he's around me though.

- When there's someone in his group who's not doing what they're supposed to, he'll ask them if there's anything they need help with instead of just doing hiw own thing and ignoring them.

- He loves animals... but again doesn't tolerate bullshitty-ness. lol. For example, we had this little maltese puppy, so cute... but she wasn't potty trained. So when he takes her out to poo and whatnot, he waits out there with her for a long while... but she didnt do her business. Then when he takes her back in, she leaves little presents under the couch. This is when he gets pissed and yells at the dog, lol. -_-

- He's very honorable and justice-like.

- He's very romantic. He's been looking for "the one" ever since he was little.

- When we argue, oh man, it's so bad. Since I have trouble communicating my feelings, especially when I'm sad, this pisses him off because he doesn't know what's wrong. Then he goes and ignores me thinking that I'm ignoring him, but really, I just need time to sort out my thoughts. Then he gets me mad because he's just spewing out all these assumptions making me look like the bad guy so we end up ignoring eachother until the next day. Usually I have to be the one to talk first.

- Doesn't really care too much for his appearance but tries to look decent. Likes stuff like piercings and tattoos.

- Sleeps a lot. Is very lazy. Gets all his work done though.

- Is very good at beating other people when it comes to competition. Just like any other stereotypical Asian guy, he is good at playing video games.

- Is good with computers. Knows all about graphic cards, hard drives, and whatnot.

- Does not like troubling other people for things, but will ask when he needs to. Independent.

- Loves anything new and high-tech.

- When I'm upset or mad at him, he goes and jokes around to make me feel better (it actually makes me more mad and he knows it. but does it anyways). Like I'd come out with a long explanation as why to I'm mad, then he'd reply with "Meow." and stick his tongue out at me. :|

- Is very good with making up stories. He could probably publish his own book if he wasn't so ADD prone.

Sorry if that list was too long. :blushing:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I can highlight the things that are (IMO) stereotypically isfp in green, non-stereotyped in red, and irrelevant in blue, but keep in mind that a person can still be isfp with a few or even several uncharacteristic traits. It's more about the overall picture, the traits are just indicators. You should get him to read a few descriptions and see which ones he thinks are best.

-He's very skilled on the guitar. He loves anything heavy, classical, or punk. He doesn't really like any of the mainstream stuff, but respect other people's music.

- He's a fast thinker. You can come up with the most hardest question in an interview, and he'll respond in no time, with no problem at all. (ok, maybe mildly SP, but mostly irrelevant)

- Very good at math. Not so much in English (grammar wise). Dislikes both of them though.

- Very protective over family. When there's a problem, he gets involved immediately. (mildly SP)

- He likes to order around his little sisters though. He loves them but doesn't really show it. He calls them names all the time and tells them to make him sandwiches.

- Is very good at talking and charming other people whereas I suck at it.
(mildly SP, but more E)

- Doesn't really cry. lol. Whereas I have a good sob every two days, he hardly sheds a tear over anything. He says it's because ever since he was little, he was taught that crying was a sign of weakness, so he just learned how to supress it. (sign of being male)

- LOVES video games. He loves anything with a good storyline and amazing graphics - like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Phantom Brave, etc. He also likes stuff like Marvel vs Capcom just cause its so crazy. One of his other favorite types of games are tactical ones. He hates Halo.(mildly)

- Majoring in video game development. He wants to make his own MMORPG. He would rather go after his dream instead of following what others want. (mildly SP, or P in general)

- He's very sexual. :blushing: (mildly SP)

- Great with kids. They love him so much it's ridiculous. Will not tolerate bullshitty-ness though. He'll only yell if they lie about something though. Not like rage, but just say it really stern and loud. He hates liars. (perhaps mildly F, SP, not sure)

- Acts totally different when he's around his buddies than when he's around me. He just seems more outgoing, very talkative. He goofs off around a lot when he's around me though.

- When there's someone in his group who's not doing what they're supposed to, he'll ask them if there's anything they need help with instead of just doing hiw own thing and ignoring them.
(maybe F, especially Fe)

- He loves animals... but again doesn't tolerate bullshitty-ness. lol. For example, we had this little maltese puppy, so cute... but she wasn't potty trained. So when he takes her out to poo and whatnot, he waits out there with her for a long while... but she didnt do her business. Then when he takes her back in, she leaves little presents under the couch. This is when he gets pissed and yells at the dog, lol. -_-

- He's very honorable and justice-like. (Fi, I suppose)

- He's very romantic. He's been looking for "the one" ever since he was little. (NF or Fi)

- When we argue, oh man, it's so bad. Since I have trouble communicating my feelings, especially when I'm sad, this pisses him off because he doesn't know what's wrong. Then he goes and ignores me thinking that I'm ignoring him, but really, I just need time to sort out my thoughts. Then he gets me mad because he's just spewing out all these assumptions making me look like the bad guy so we end up ignoring eachother until the next day. Usually I have to be the one to talk first. (heh, this is kinda like how my isfp and I argue - maybe an I thing)

- Doesn't really care too much for his appearance but tries to look decent. Likes stuff like piercings and tattoos.

- Sleeps a lot. Is very lazy. Gets all his work done though.

- Is very good at beating other people when it comes to competition. Just like any other stereotypical Asian guy, he is good at playing video games.

- Is good with computers. Knows all about graphic cards, hard drives, and whatnot.

- Does not like troubling other people for things, but will ask when he needs to. Independent.

- Loves anything new and high-tech.

- When I'm upset or mad at him, he goes and jokes around to make me feel better (it actually makes me more mad and he knows it. but does it anyways). Like I'd come out with a long explanation as why to I'm mad, then he'd reply with "Meow." and stick his tongue out at me. :| (P?)

- Is very good with making up stories. He could probably publish his own book if he wasn't so ADD prone. (more N, I'm thinking)

A lot of these are not really things that say much either way (to me). Nothing here is screaming "isfp" or "not isfp" to me. He does seem like an IxxP perhaps, and even that is not all that obvious. Even IxxJ.

Fwiw, the overall picture sounds fairly similar to my isfp bf.

What other type (s) do you think he might be? What does he think he is?