First 123 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Do you like talking about ideas that come right off your head without extensive analysis about the idea beforehand?
    Like, "I wish you were my step-sister so I could do you"?

True story. *laughs*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ReflecTcelfeR

Hahaha, great story! Someone said that to you? Did you guys begin to analyze the statement in order to get to a logical end? Mmmmmm Ne-Ti.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That's kind of a hard question to answer.

Ex: Driving by a B&B sparked an idea to open one for people with celiac disease. Go on a vacation without having to worry about finding food that's safe to eat. Brilliant!
    As I talked about it, the idea gained more flesh. Bouncing the idea off of someone or talking about it helps tremendously and it feels good. However, I will put a great deal of research into my ideas. I want to do it right away. Impulsive. Idea about "x" makes me want to look up the info now and get information on it immediately. I want to put weight on my ideas right away.

It's not always like that. Sometimes it's more like a ball and I have to tease out the parts of it by either researching the idea or talking about. Both help. But I do get a lot of enjoyment out of discussing these things--ideas and topics equally.

It's just difficult to find someone to listen to it.

Or ideas and thoughts will immediately lead to other ones. I started off reading about the conflict between North and South Korea and ended up reading about flying planes that have lost power or control and then giving my kids a lecture on it...not sure if that information helps. I'm sure a lot of INTPs do this, too. Or a lot of other people for that matter.

Maybe I'm just INTP with very strong Ne?

ReflecTcelfeR

That's the thing about leading with extraverted intuition. It's not even a first reaction to research, but to proclaim the idea to anyone, even if they don't really care to listen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

You're INTP. Don't ask. Your my slave. Just follow.

---

Joking aside, I always find it helpful to look into your "weakest" function. It's usually the most defining of all, side from Dom.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^Yes, Master. I am INTP. Where do we go now? And should I pack a lunch, Master?

Hmm...not sure about my weakest function. How do I evaluate that? As far as Fe goes, I will often be direct but tactful about a discussion or argument. I believe the message can be lost if I say something in a way to provoke an emotional reaction (or what I feel may provoke one) and I'm looking for results...not dealing with things that will needlessly cloud the issue. I also want to keep the atmosphere clear so that I can get to a solution quickly.

Hmm, I just thought about something. Do ENTPs find emotional situations/discussions draining? I find it incredibly draining.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Nah its not really, though i do prefer discrete data usually.
    Unreasonable emotional outbursts bore me though.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmm. it's beginning to sound like I'm more INTP with really strong Ne. I like people well enough...if I can jabber about ideas, concepts, theories...nothing else. I'm not going to be interested in hearing about office politics (except to dissect the behavior of the office inhabitants and think of ideas to make the whole system work smoother).

Saw in another thread about linear versus 'web'/whole thinking. I ma definitely a 'web' thinker. I see wholes or the possibility of wholes. I either take them apart to understand or add to them bit by bit (like a 3-D tetris) to understand it all.

Come on all you other ENTPs, get your collective behinds over here and gimme some input!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, let's bring in the archetypes. That was one of the clinchers for me knowing Ne is aux, even though it seems strongest.

The dom. will be the ego's main perspective for its own world-view, and the aux. will be what it aims to support others with.
    So do you tend to help others with Ne, or with Ti? (Ne as parent might even make you seem extraverted at times when discussing/sharing ideas you are interested in).

We can even look at the non-preferred functions. If Ne is dominant, then Si is inferior. If it is aux., then Si will be tertiary, and as the next function of the dominant attitude, may be what they call "inflated" (and very visible or at least prominent in your own consciousness).
    For an ENTP, Fe is tertiary.
    If you're not middle age yet, then it might be easy to tell which is more developed, between the tertiary and inferior.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The dom. will be the ego's main perspective for its own world-view, and the aux. will be what it aims to support others with.
    So do you tend to help others with Ne, or with Ti? (Ne as parent might even make you seem extraverted at times when discussing/sharing ideas you are interested in).
    Hmm...not sure. I enjoy problem solving...friends and family tend to contact me when they want my input into solving a problem. I tend to get an idea, share it, bounce it around, and then want to research it to pieces. I think I like talking about ideas and thoughts equally...it's hard to be quiet about something I'm excited about. Really hard. And I really love and want feedback, "What do you think?" is one of my favorite questions. It's like having a ball of clay and using questions, feedback, and information to sculpt it.

We can even look at the non-preferred functions. If Ne is dominant, then Si is inferior. If it is aux., then Si will be tertiary, and as the next function of the dominant attitude, may be what they call "inflated" (and very visible or at least prominent in your own consciousness).
    For an ENTP, Fe is tertiary.
    If you're not middle age yet, then it might be easy to tell which is more developed, between the tertiary and inferior.
    What's 'middle age'? It better be like 50 or something.

How do I determine the influence of Si and Fe? I tend to be pretty tactful and aware of social obligations/customs but still tend to be reserved with people. Unless I'm in a Discussion, then it's like flipping on a switch...3 hours has passed and I'm still yapping about topic X.

Then again, minding manners could be the influence of my upbringing. When I was growing up, rudeness was utterly intolerable and would earn you a switch across the backside.