• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Enneagram 6 guy - ISFJ or INFP ?

Chloe

He is definite Introvert - quiet energy, but likes to go out a lot, but mostly with his small circle of friends. So, def I.
F is also definately - one of the most emo (in a good way) guys I know. Extremely emotionally intelligent, but not whiney or drama queen. His relationships are EVERYTHING to him, his every second word is "my friends". Puts much effort in relationships and is quite successful in them.
He is aware of being a very atypical male, and doesnt get allong with other guys well, because their conversations are boring to him, he prefers deep convos about relationships, and "only" thing that's saving him in male groups is because he likes football a lot, so that's good topic for conversations.

He is definately Enneagram 6, which is probably the reason why I am confused: Respects authority. not ambitious at all, doesnt like changing things, thinks things function quite okay as they do.... and manages even convince me in some of that perspective.. has quite good arguments. He is not "sheep". :shock: But is not dreamer, at least not in the field of world problems.

Is in architecture, but has many interests like math, photography, and nothing particularly: he's movies and music junkie. likes reading fantasy.

About being detailed person.. well.... He doesnt pay attention to details, but isnt so blind to them as I am, he will actually do... things as is asked from him.

He's very open minded, accepting of different people... etc.

his sleep patterns are totally random...:/ i live with 2 ISTJs and it'd be v unusual to see them like that.

what annoys him the most about other people is when they dont have/show consideration for others. :)
He has very defined values, like, I cant even imagine having so defined value system. Which action is moral, which isnt. And doesnt judges people right away for something, but knows the action is not moral. :/

we can analyze for days about all kinds of theories, mostly society and relationships, but he doesnt seem so much into theories, except when it comes to relationships... :/ maybe it's because i am comparing him to myself. but he doesnt have a trouble following or grasping theories quickly, i think he's much faster at it than i am. he figured MBTI in 1 minute after first looking at it and told me my type. He recognized himself in both INTP/INFP but much more in infp but didnt look into isfj.

well dunno maybe i think of something more.:huh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, if he recognized himself in INFP/INTP, maybe he is.

Nothing disproves INFP you what you explained. Nothing particularly stands out as ISFJ. He could have well developed Si, specially if he is a male INFP.

Chloe

Well, if he recognized himself in INFP/INTP, maybe he is.

Nothing disproves INFP you what you explained. Nothing particularly stands out as ISFJ. He could have well developed Si, specially if he is a male INFP.

well shouldnt NFs be obsessed with changing world and stuff ?

:/

i mean, he doesnt really think globally. I am concerned about situation in 3rd world countries, he is not. He just accepts things as they are... because "it's hard to change them" and "they are changing, but slowly", he: "should we just destroy every system around us?" me: yes :D - where's Ne here ? :/

and he recognized himself in intp/infp at first, people can be for months typed as infp and be isfjs, for example. it doesnt mean much. :/

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lol, no. Well, I dunno about other NFs, I might try to convince people of my points, but I won't go out of my way to stop from doing something, nor am I going into politics. Gave up on that idea when I was 12 or so. I believing in changing people's minds, because people are ignorant and selfish.

But rules n stuff, I shit on them and ride towards the horizon. Don't care about changing them for others. If you change their minds, they'll change the rules.

But it depends on what you mean by him thinking things function quite okay as they do.

Chloe

He respects rules, but all of it is probably e6 thingie. :/

But it depends on what you mean by him thinking things function quite okay as they do

example: educational system. i think, in summary, "school kills creativity"; he is much more accepting of school system, says "it's made to work for majority of people"; "of course you should learn a little bit stuff you are not interested in, too (about HS)"... etc...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Meaning GTFO of there! He is in league with the Si!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
you changed your mind about his type just on that example or ? :/

and what's wrong with isfjs. they're cute too.

Exactly. Cute fades fast.

No, but seriously, it could be that he is just being magnanimous ( I personally don't like people who are too magnanimous, shows lack of passion). What's more important is WHY he thinks people need to study stuff that doesn't interest them.

I could see myself saying what he said every other day. But it's mostly just when I don't want to discuss the subject in-depth.

Chloe

well... he hated Latin in HS but is glad in the end they forced him to learn some of it because he knows some basics now......................................... ya know. things like that. general knowledge 'n stuff.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well I think that makes sense for a lot of people. We come to appreciate some things we are forced to do, later on.

The only thing that would surprise me, is if he were an NF and didn't believe there is still the possibility of having a better system, no matter how appreciative of the current one.

Chloe

Well I think that makes sense for a lot of people. We come to appreciate some things we are forced to do, later on.

The only thing that would surprise me, is if he were an NF and didn't believe there is still the possibility of having a better system, no matter how appreciative of the current one.

nah, he believes there can be better but doesnt think things arent changing but slowly.

this is what he just said about profiles, hah:

About INFP:
-he isnt focused to make world a better place. he doesnt search for meaning in life (!) - because he already knows his.
-he's flexible

ISFJ:
he doesnt think world is good place, but he thinks it's better place than most people think. he thinks it's concrete (!)
he is not into practice, more into abstract things - this is why he loves math.

he said that in general he leans a bit, when reading, to isfj, but cant relate to it much. I think this could all be Enneagram 6 thing :/

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What things truly matter to him in life and WHY do they do? What are his dreams in life? How does he define happiness?

Chloe

he wants to be happy, use his life, make life better to his close people, leave a mark on world.
doesnt believe in god, afterlife etc.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes but HOW does he plan to do these things. I'm not asking because I want to know. But try to figure that out with him.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si use is prominent, and I don't see any Ne at all. I think ISFJ > ISTJ, but I might not be working on enough info.

Chloe

Si use is prominent, and I don't see any Ne at all. I think ISFJ > ISTJ, but I might not be working on enough info.

he is far far away from ISTJs.

what about Fe vs FI?

Hah, he quite reminds me of my ISFJ friend.. weird. But I still think he's INFP.. dunno why.

he told me he doesnt fit into his family because he is much "darker" than they are....they are all SJs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what about Fe vs FI?
Can't rule out either, which is why I presented ISTJ as an option.

he told me he doesnt fit into his family because he is much "darker" than they are....they are all SJs.
Kay nevermind. :laugh: He's INFP.