User Tag List

First 123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When you're bipolar, so are your preferences. Give them 2 types.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Thanks for the replies! I just met him on the street today. Since he wasn´t too receptive of the test anyways, I´ll try and do it myself. He´s definitely more of an extrovert, even if he retires somewhat during the downs and severely cut down on his wild social life of the past. S is the easiest of them all. And I guess he´s more of an F. J or P is where it really gets difficult. In fact, during the last days I had already pinned him down to ESFP or ESFJ. He initially studied exonomics to please his father and social harmony is very important to him, but he moved to another continent and started a new life to become a musician and even though he get´s by just so he seems to be extremely happy with his life as a musician and music teacher for small children. There is a little bit of latin "mañana" but all together he´s rather disciplined and structured when it comes to things that matter to him.

So Fe/Si or Se/Fi? I see both Fe and Se. As for Si or Fi, that´s a bit difficult to tell from the outside. As you can see, he does seem to follow his own way (Fi?) but then again he´s pretty good at Fe (at least from my perspective). He doesn´t seem too focused on habits and the past, at least from what I can tell.

So...ESFP with a weak P? ESFJ with a weak J?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Exactly what it says on the label:
    tried to get a friend of mine to do the Keirsey test and we had a very hard time. His answers to most of the question came down to "it depends on the moment". Most people will show a micture of the two extremes (I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J), but in his case it is even more complicated, because he is bipolar and his mood and behavior strongly varies with themedication. On top of that he is from Colombia and adapted quite a bit when he came to Germany almost a decade ago. So he has two very different social influences and says that living in Germany made him more J, he also became more T with age. He is extremely extroverted during the manic and very introverted during the depressive phases. This makes it very hard to see through the consition and detect his "natural state/preferences"

Any advice? Somebody must have written something about it somewhere. :P
    it's completely possible to type someone who is "bipolar". You need to determine their enneagram type (a 4?) which can influence MBTI type. Then you ask him individually about each letter, right questions, ignore functions, and then take into consideration e-type, example a 4 who is MBTI T can be confused about F/T, iNtuitive 6 can be confused for S, J-7 for P, P-3 for J etc.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    When you're bipolar, so are your preferences. Give them 2 types.
    SO it would be like type and shadow?? What about just the extremes of a type? You know, like an INFP at an INFP's best versus an INFP at an INFP's worst .. same type, but coming from totally different directions. ?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes it's more like type and shadow-type, but essentially the same type.

Extraverts don't become introverts if depressed, I've heard this more than once. Being introspective and retreating to yourself, doesn't make you an introvert, it makes you a depressed extravert.
    But I don't know if it's the other way around.
    Manic introverts becoming extraverts, I think that may be possible. Or not

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thanks for the replies! I just met him on the street today. Since he wasn´t too receptive of the test anyways, I´ll try and do it myself. He´s definitely more of an extrovert, even if he retires somewhat during the downs and severely cut down on his wild social life of the past. S is the easiest of them all. And I guess he´s more of an F. J or P is where it really gets difficult. In fact, during the last days I had already pinned him down to ESFP or ESFJ. He initially studied exonomics to please his father and social harmony is very important to him, but he moved to another continent and started a new life to become a musician and even though he get´s by just so he seems to be extremely happy with his life as a musician and music teacher for small children. There is a little bit of latin "mañana" but all together he´s rather disciplined and structured when it comes to things that matter to him.

So Fe/Si or Se/Fi? I see both Fe and Se. As for Si or Fi, that´s a bit difficult to tell from the outside. As you can see, he does seem to follow his own way (Fi?) but then again he´s pretty good at Fe (at least from my perspective). He doesn´t seem too focused on habits and the past, at least from what I can tell.

So...ESFP with a weak P? ESFJ with a weak J?
    I'm serious when I ask about his "style" of mania. Everyone doesn't experience mania the same way, and I seriously think Js are more likely to get edgy/controlling vs. becoming extremely careless, which I think might be more common in Ps. Also, if he's extremely careful about his meds, won't take any risks with his treatment, I think he's more likely a J.

Just my two cents. Of course I'm speaking from the four dichotomies because I've decided against function theory for the time being.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

For all I know he is very consciencious and no nonsense about his meds. I saw him during a concert last week and he was a rather hyper...in the "i want to embrace the world, live is so exiting" way.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

For all I know he is very consciencious and no nonsense about his meds. I saw him during a concert last week and he was a rather hyper...in the "i want to embrace the world, live is so exiting" way.
    Anyone could be happy or excited at a concert, and especially if he's an extrovert and a feeler that's pretty typical if he's in a good mood.

It's just something worth taking a look at because I've known of some Ps who refuse to take meds fearing that psychiatrists are just trying to control them, or they simply...forget and stop taking them for a few days ...or they don't seem to be as distressed by the idea of the fact that going off their meds will at least temporarily cause some kind of disruption in their life and make them less productive. When you've been around mental illness you'll note that there are those who take their meds like clockwork for years, and then there are those people who have to be chased down by a family member to practically force them down their throat, lest they end up having a severe breakdown.

There is "high-strung" mania which is the bossy, controlling, vindictive, angry, delusions of grandeur kind of mania (I am untouchable, I am in control, if I see one speck of dirt I'll freak out) and then there's that happy-go-lucky mania where people start stealing cars for joy rides or other extremely dangerous risk-taking behaviors. I have no proof this is connected to J or P, it's just an idea I have, because it seems like it would be an amped up, out- of-control version of one's normal brain functions. Bipolar disorder is an emotional illness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What does it mean to be on a emotional high...then be on an emotional low?
    For instance you went to a concert with your friends left feeling on an emotional high and then you went home on an emotional low?

Is that Bi Polar?

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Manic introverts becoming extraverts, I think that may be possible. Or not
    This is true for me, I am type 1 Bipolar, so have manic and hypermanic episodes, my natural state is to be introverted, but during a manic episode i am a definite extrovert, extremely so.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs