• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need your help typing this guy....

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know him well, so I cannot say much....but.....I'd really appreciate your opinion (guesses) on his type...

- he is a law student
- he is 23 but feels very mature for his age and most of his friends are older than him....
- is interested in philosophy, physics, political science, astronomy and literature
- says that if he is interested in a topic, he very quickly absorbs everything there is to know/learn about this subject and remembers everything.... and can talk to people for hours about these subject (if people are interested)
- somehow experience is important to him.... he has gone through some personal losses and argues that this kind of experience has shaped (deepened?) his personality a lot....
- is socially very awkward and somewhat shy, has some trouble keeping eye-contact at times, and you can see that he feels somewhat uncomfortable in his body....
- I know this does not have much to do with type, but he is scarily quick-witted and bright.....
- really good at arguing (does that almost all of the time), really quick to develop logical trains of thought which I have sometimes a hard time following :D.... draws so many logical conclusions in such a short time that I find this hard to follow...... and sees so many implications of things in such a short time that this is almost scary.... hard to describe.....
- prefers one-on-one (one-to-one?) interaction with friends
- is very direct and honest.....but says that he would remain silent if being honest didn't change something (like telling a stupid person they're stupid)
- often thinks about eventualities (things that could happen, especially things that could go wrong....)... describes himself as a "brain-driven" (intellectual) person that spends most of the time thinking instead of acting....
- i know this is very subjective, but he is mentally (intellectually) very challenging.... I have the feeling that our conversations take place on an extremely high level, often at some kind of meta-level....
- he is very self-reflexive and reflects how his words/actions are interpreted (understood/perceived) by others

that's it for the moment.....I know this isn't much, but I'd really appreciate your opinion...... I have some ideas on his type, but.... would like to know what you think first.....
thanks a lot in advance...!

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
INTx. I'd need to see more about P vs. J to decide. :)

Hope this helps! :hug:

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
INTP. Although could be INTJ. INTPs have a greater facility with language - its nuances than INTJs. I would also say that INTPs are a little more original and brillant than INTJs. Sorry if this offends anyone.
Also think your friend is a Enneagram Type Five with a Primary One on One Subtype.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks for all your thoughts. I have also thought he must be either INTP or INTJ....I still have troubles deciding, even though I know those types are very different function-wise.....I guess I am inclined to see him as an INTJ because we have a good connection I often have with other Ni-types, but I also see a lot of Ne in him... all those quick ideas he produces..... and also much more Ti than Te I guess......going with clichés and with "gifts differing", much more Te-types are likely to study the law than Ti-types....but...well...that's statistic :)....
onceajoan, I agree with 5 on enneagram....what does primary one on one subtype mean? sorry, I am not that familiar with the enneagram....