10 83.33%
  • INTJ

2 16.67%
  • Other, plse explain.

0 0%
123 Last

Thread: Curiosity

Default Curiosity

Keep in mind that it doesn't bother me what MBTI type I am. But I've heard more than six times that other members feel I give off more of an INTJ vibe so now I'm really curious about this.

As some background, in cognitive tests, here's my exact order of functions:

Te (small gap) Ti (gap) Ni (small gap) Ne>Se (small gap) Si (gap) Fi (gap) Fe

In other words, a bit confused. Fi weak and Fe near non-existent.

Dichotomies are: E (borderline) N (moderately high) T (through the roof) J (moderate to borderline)

Have tested both I and P, even an S once.

Work related, consistently management except for now.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Well functionally, you're a pretty strong ENTJ, yes? Te is way ahead of Ni and Se ahead of Fi. I find that Ni Te can look like Ne Ti a bit, which could possibly explain your high scores in that.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Te always leads no matter what cognitive process/function test taken. Ti appears to be pretty strong too. Ni, Ne and Se are relatively clumped. Si lags behind, followed by Fi and then finally in hind-tail, Fe barely registers. In one test, I scored 0 Fe which for some reason was kinda' funny.

In referencing Quenk's grip theory, I relate to the ENTJ/ESTJ section.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    In referencing Quenk's grip theory, I relate to the ENTJ/ESTJ section.
    What is that? Could you please provide a link?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

You're in luck. I found a google book link. Another member recommended it to me when I was trying to decide earlier this year, whether I was an ENTJ or INTJ. The ENTJ section nailed it for me in the way of angels singing, hallelujah choir bellowing, bright lights, etc.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=_gBd...page&q&f=false

It might help you with your xNTP confirmation too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

from the posts of yours that i've read, you come off as strongly Ni. i don't think that contradicts an ENTJ typing.

on the other hand, i'm surprised that you have such low Fi. i get the odd little "Fi resonance" (i'm sure that sounds somewhat stupid, oh well, lol) from you that i do from other Fi types and some IxTJs. i'm not really sure how to explain that. you just seem to pick up on certain nuances that other types don't always see.

You're right. ENTJ has Ni as aux so it's not unusual to have relatively strong Ni.

Fi gone wild?

When Fi manifests, it can be pretty strong for that moment. But it doesn't manifest often and I don't allow it to affect decision-making much, if at all. Don't know if that's indicative of tert or inferior.

Maybe that's it. That I appear to vibe Ni and Fi stronger than your stereotypical ENTJ, which would make sense when viewing the cognitive process order of an INTJ as compared to an ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Fi gone wild?

too bad they don't have a "taking off your top" smiley... heh

yeah, you vibe Ni and a little Fi to me. i think the strength of Te and Fe is harder to see online than in action IRL, anyway. from what i've read, a person usually feels like they can switch their tertiary on and off, whereas the inferior is less under your conscious control. i do suspect strong Fi bursts could relate to any of the aux, tert, or inf roles - if it's tert Fi, it can "burst" when it's turned on, and then for aux Fi and inf Fi, it probably comes off as somewhat reactionary in comparison to the more constant extraverted functions.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    too bad they don't have a "taking off your top" smiley... heh
    Already done so by taking off Te, no?

yeah, you vibe Ni and a little Fi to me. i think the strength of Te and Fe is harder to see online than in action IRL, anyway. from what i've read, a person usually feels like they can switch their tertiary on and off, whereas the inferior is less under your conscious control. i do suspect strong Fi bursts could relate to any of the aux, tert, or inf roles - if it's tert Fi, it can "burst" when it's turned on, and then for aux Fi and inf Fi, it probably comes off as somewhat reactionary in comparison to the more constant extraverted functions.
    Fi is bizarre and not terribly controllable from the perspective of herding where the end product is always a positive or expected result. It just is and does, so it's easier to put a cork in it using Te lockdown.

Going to bump this. Now that people have gotten to know me a little better, do you think I'm a Ni or Te-dom? Keep going back and forth with this.