• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curiosity

What am I?

• Total voters

rav3n

Keep in mind that it doesn't bother me what MBTI type I am. But I've heard more than six times that other members feel I give off more of an INTJ vibe so now I'm really curious about this.

As some background, in cognitive tests, here's my exact order of functions:

Te (small gap) Ti (gap) Ni (small gap) Ne>Se (small gap) Si (gap) Fi (gap) Fe

In other words, a bit confused. Fi weak and Fe near non-existent.

Dichotomies are: E (borderline) N (moderately high) T (through the roof) J (moderate to borderline)

Have tested both I and P, even an S once.

Work related, consistently management except for now.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Well functionally, you're a pretty strong ENTJ, yes? Te is way ahead of Ni and Se ahead of Fi. I find that Ni Te can look like Ne Ti a bit, which could possibly explain your high scores in that.

rav3n

Te always leads no matter what cognitive process/function test taken. Ti appears to be pretty strong too. Ni, Ne and Se are relatively clumped. Si lags behind, followed by Fi and then finally in hind-tail, Fe barely registers. In one test, I scored 0 Fe which for some reason was kinda' funny.

In referencing Quenk's grip theory, I relate to the ENTJ/ESTJ section.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
from the posts of yours that i've read, you come off as strongly Ni. i don't think that contradicts an ENTJ typing.

on the other hand, i'm surprised that you have such low Fi. i get the odd little "Fi resonance" (i'm sure that sounds somewhat stupid, oh well, lol) from you that i do from other Fi types and some IxTJs. i'm not really sure how to explain that. you just seem to pick up on certain nuances that other types don't always see.

rav3n

You're right. ENTJ has Ni as aux so it's not unusual to have relatively strong Ni.

Fi gone wild? :tongue:

When Fi manifests, it can be pretty strong for that moment. But it doesn't manifest often and I don't allow it to affect decision-making much, if at all. Don't know if that's indicative of tert or inferior.

Maybe that's it. That I appear to vibe Ni and Fi stronger than your stereotypical ENTJ, which would make sense when viewing the cognitive process order of an INTJ as compared to an ENTJ.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fi gone wild? :tongue:
:party2:

too bad they don't have a "taking off your top" smiley... heh

yeah, you vibe Ni and a little Fi to me. :yes: i think the strength of Te and Fe is harder to see online than in action IRL, anyway. from what i've read, a person usually feels like they can switch their tertiary on and off, whereas the inferior is less under your conscious control. i do suspect strong Fi bursts could relate to any of the aux, tert, or inf roles - if it's tert Fi, it can "burst" when it's turned on, and then for aux Fi and inf Fi, it probably comes off as somewhat reactionary in comparison to the more constant extraverted functions.

rav3n

too bad they don't have a "taking off your top" smiley... heh
:laugh: Already done so by taking off Te, no?

yeah, you vibe Ni and a little Fi to me. :yes: i think the strength of Te and Fe is harder to see online than in action IRL, anyway. from what i've read, a person usually feels like they can switch their tertiary on and off, whereas the inferior is less under your conscious control. i do suspect strong Fi bursts could relate to any of the aux, tert, or inf roles - if it's tert Fi, it can "burst" when it's turned on, and then for aux Fi and inf Fi, it probably comes off as somewhat reactionary in comparison to the more constant extraverted functions.
Fi is bizarre and not terribly controllable from the perspective of herding where the end product is always a positive or expected result. It just is and does, so it's easier to put a cork in it using Te lockdown.

rav3n

Going to bump this. Now that people have gotten to know me a little better, do you think I'm a Ni or Te-dom? Keep going back and forth with this.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Te always leads no matter what cognitive process/function test taken. Ti appears to be pretty strong too. Ni, Ne and Se are relatively clumped. Si lags behind, followed by Fi and then finally in hind-tail, Fe barely registers. In one test, I scored 0 Fe which for some reason was kinda' funny.

In referencing Quenk's grip theory, I relate to the ENTJ/ESTJ section.

On the forum for me, you appear more intj ISH.However, on vent, you're a solid ENTJ :)

rav3n

Oh wow, is this possible? Might I be an INTJ? :shock:

When Te is in use, Se is my tagalong since it helps to fix on the fly when handling crisis moments. When using Ni, I get more emo so Fi is my tagalong.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know enough ENTJs to know whether you are within basic "range" of that. The only few ENTJs I've met online don't excel at interpersonal skills -- it's kind of a black hole for them -- and I wouldn't say that about you at all, you're aware of such things and care about them to the degree that it enables you to connect with people you want to connect to.

You also Ni + Fi with me more than Te in our private conversation (since I personally find Te kind of a boring perspective to talk within and I don't get bored talking to you), although you do have a strong Te. The Ni thing is pretty strong too, not just your pattern matching, but I experience that "ambiguous spot" I can't typically see into when I've conversed with Ni-strong people.

Overall, our conservations more resemble those I've had with personable INTJs... but I don't know if that's just because I haven't had a lot of experience with variations of ENTJs yet.

rav3n

Thanks T1 and everyone else who's already provided input, whether it's through the poll option or through posting.

• Overall, the older I get the less I want to lead as long as the person leading is doing a reasonable to excellent job. If it's a bad lead or overly-controlling, get the hell outta' my way or space.
  • Sometimes I overthink things but it's rare that it gets to the point of inaction unless I get the feeling that information is missing. This happens when there's a disconnect between the overlaying concept and the detail.
  • Could this be why some of the descriptions and the health levels for E8s piss me off, where it feels healthy to move to E5? Am I really an E5 moving to E8 as suggested by another member?
  • Could this be why Kiersey's definition of "Field Marshall" sounds so silly?
  • My natural tendency in relationships is to detach. But this usually follows previous attempts at discussing the issues in a direct way. Kind of a give-up point.
  • I don't fear conflict but I do intensely dislike unnecessary relationship drama and will detach when it happens.
  • For an extrovert, I need a lot of space in real life.
  • But when it comes to Quenk's theory about the inferior, I totally relate to the ExTJ description of melt-down.

Give me your thoughts. I'm still a bit shocked.

rav3n

Thinking about this a bit more and by tossing out function order which I'm close to doing, what does this mean as it relates to same function types and different orders?

G

Glycerine

I have always lumped you with YWIR and rex and many of the male ENTJs. :) You give off a strong, powerful presence. INTJs seem more subdued.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Going to bump this. Now that people have gotten to know me a little better, do you think I'm a Ni or Te-dom? Keep going back and forth with this.

I have always considered you a strong Te dom, actually you remind me a lot of a RL friend of mine, who I have always thought to be an ENTJ.

G

Glycerine

Thanks T1 and everyone else who's already provided input, whether it's through the poll option or through posting.

• Overall, the older I get the less I want to lead as long as the person leading is doing a reasonable to excellent job. If it's a bad lead or overly-controlling, get the hell outta' my way or space.
  • Sometimes I overthink things but it's rare that it gets to the point of inaction unless I get the feeling that information is missing. This happens when there's a disconnect between the overlaying concept and the detail.
  • Could this be why some of the descriptions and the health levels for E8s piss me off, where it feels healthy to move to E5? Am I really an E5 moving to E8 as suggested by another member?
  • Could this be why Kiersey's definition of "Field Marshall" sounds so silly?
  • My natural tendency in relationships is to detach. But this usually follows previous attempts at discussing the issues in a direct way. Kind of a give-up point.
  • I don't fear conflict but I do intensely dislike unnecessary relationship drama and will detach when it happens.
  • For an extrovert, I need a lot of space in real life.
  • But when it comes to Quenk's theory about the inferior, I totally relate to the ExTJ description of melt-down.

Give me your thoughts. I'm still a bit shocked.

You may or may not be an ENTJ but don't we usually get more balanced out as we get older. Introverts socialize more and extroverts want more downtime. Which were you more like as a child through your 20s?