• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

xNxP?

jellicoe

MBTI Type
xnxp
Enneagram
Hi everyone - my first post... and I'm looking for help please.
Most times I do MBTI I come out INTP - just. However, I recently did a version that said

On this basis your type is INTP, but when we use another method (pattern matching) we reach a different conclusion, that your type is ENTP or ENFP.

ISTJ 38%, ISFJ 34%, INFJ 68%, INTJ 71%, ISTP 60%, ISFP 53%, INFP 70%, INTP77%, ESTP 48%, ESFP 45%, ENFP 78%, ENTP 81%, ESTJ 46%, ESFJ, 39% ENFJ 56%, ENTJ 62%

Function Attitude Scores
Ne 27, Ni 23, Ti 22, Fi 19, Te 16, Fe 13, Se 12, Si 8

Your mental muscle diagram suggests:
your dominant function is iNtuition and extraverted
your auxiliary (second most important) is Thinking and very introverted
your tertiary (third) is Feeling and very introverted
your inferior (fourth) is Sensation and extraverted

These ratings were from a test that is found at
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/

INTP has never felt quite right, but "F" doesn't feel right either (and I realise the irony in that statement). I am very strongly N (up to 100%) and P (up to 90%) depending on the test. I am about 50/50 E/I (depends on the mood I'm in, what has happened that day, the specific questions that are asked in the rating, and how much I have had to drink).

My boss (who I'm certain is a strong ES?J) says he has never met anyone like me.... (and I don't think it is a complement - he finds me completely haphazard and is always trying to get me to be more regimented - it is not that I can't get things done - it is just that he can't see the process).

Egram is 3, 5, 9 (all the same score) then 4 (1 less)
Would really appreciate comments re where I fit.
Thanks

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
With the information you've given, it's difficult to determine what your type is, as one test usually doesn't determine your type. Many people here have taken several tests and sometimes got every possible type. Also, you have to find what relates to you more, think about what functions you use more than others etc.

I thought this test was interesting, as it made me see all of this differently, but I'd take other ones you can find as well.

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Good luck!

jellicoe

MBTI Type
xnxp
Enneagram
Thanks tawanda. I've taken lots of versions of the MBTI test - and come out INTP - but it has never felt right - which is why doing a test that said well - theoretically INTP - but based on another way of looking at things ENTP/ENFP was quite reassuring.
Will try out the link you suggest (and thanks for that).
Jellicoe

jellicoe

MBTI Type
xnxp
Enneagram
Lol - ENTP...
Thanks tawanda
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (32)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (29)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.