User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Talking I think I might be a J?

We were building a desk I bought from a store a while ago, and I wanted everything to be precise, so I was using the instructions. I have always relied on the instructions, but aren't Ps meant to not really care about them so much? Well, needless to say, I got to a certain part where the instructions were absolutely useless, they had diagrams that flip upside down and they didn't tell you which part was the front or back, I couldn't work it out. Then my dad and brother came and helped, and they just started putting bits in where they looked like they'd go, and I was pretty well like - 'You can't do that!!' But it worked, and now I have an awesome desk to study on .

Does my strict reliance on instructions make me more of a J than a P? I also have quite a lot of perfectionism, where everything HAS to be done in a certain way, it's not until I've had a certain amount of experience that I'll worry less about the instuctions. My dad and brother are both Se doms though, so maybe I can chalk it up to that? What do you think?
    5 3 9

you are a P.

i was very helpful I know. but its extremely obvious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I agree, but I thought Ps hated going by the book?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think I might be gay too, often. Want to make out ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    We were building a desk I bought from a store a while ago, and I wanted everything to be precise, so I was using the instructions. I have always relied on the instructions, but aren't Ps meant to not really care about them so much? Well, needless to say, I got to a certain part where the instructions were absolutely useless, they had diagrams that flip upside down and they didn't tell you which part was the front or back, I couldn't work it out. Then my dad and brother came and helped, and they just started putting bits in where they looked like they'd go, and I was pretty well like - 'You can't do that!!' But it worked, and now I have an awesome desk to study on .

Does my strict reliance on instructions make me more of a J than a P? I also have quite a lot of perfectionism, where everything HAS to be done in a certain way, it's not until I've had a certain amount of experience that I'll worry less about the instuctions. My dad and brother are both Se doms though, so maybe I can chalk it up to that? What do you think?
    I don't know you well enough to assess where you stand on the J/P scale but I don't think the above example is a very reliable indicator of J/P. I think poorly written instructions would frustrate most people and I think lots of different types are perfectionists who care about doing things right. I know for myself, I definitely want clear instructions for some things, especially when it comes to assembling things because I am retarded in this area. I also prefer to follow a recipe when cooking something for the first time. This is primarily because when I'm starting out, I may not have enough knowledge to know what ingredients are absolutely essential and if having the correct amount of something is crucial or not. Once I've had more experience cooking something, then I'll start to vary things more and rely less on recipes but certainly not right away.

In some instances I don't read instructions when I'm confident I can figure things out on my own. When joining a new forum, I usually don't bother to read the FAQs. When trying out a new database or search engine I rarely read instructions. I just play around with the various buttons and controls. Then again, I'm alot more confident with my Internet search skills then I am with my mechanical skills.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

ReflecTcelfeR

You, my friend are... NORMAL! There is a first for everything!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

P's don't always have to have P-functions. Same goes for J's.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

That sounds like Si or possibly Te. I suppose the safest assumption is that you just had a high Si day.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."