User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Determining whether my type is INFJ or INTJ

It's clear to me that Ni is my dominant function, but I'm not sure whether I prefer Fe/Ti or Te/Fi as the definitions of these functions aren't entirely clear to me. How can I determine my auxiliary/tertiary preferences?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How did you determine your primary function ? Did it knock at your door and said "Guess whooo ?"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

INTJ vs INFJ is normally pretty obvious, I think. Fe tries to create harmony and keep people happy and connect with others, while Te thinks rationally, manages and organises without much attention to people.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Yeah, but INFJ's and possibly INTJ's, like to second guess themselves. There are some days when I thought I was a P, since I was so disorganized. There are also some times when I though I was T, since I'm so internally analytical.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I don't think either of those types are known for second guessing themselves. They tend to adapt to situations as they come but rarely reconsider things too much, having confidence in their ability.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Nah... The utmost confidence is more of an SJ attribute in my opinion. Ni, as a function, tries to weigh in all of the possibilities and can be incredibly indecisive. Everyone I know tells me I mull over everything, and I am quite sure I'm not a Perciever.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow, this is interesting to find out that Ni is indecisive. I'm often indecisive myself, and I've often thought myself a P because of this.

Anyway, as for the original question you could look at which temperament you think you are: NT or NF (http://www.infj.com/INFJ_Temperament.htm)

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by technical View Post
    It's clear to me that Ni is my dominant function, but I'm not sure whether I prefer Fe/Ti or Te/Fi as the definitions of these functions aren't entirely clear to me. How can I determine my auxiliary/tertiary preferences?
    As someone who went through the same sort of thing... I think this guide here may be useful:

INFJ vs. INTJ- A Guide

Both INFJs and INTJs are highly analytical people, both are visionaries with grand scale ideas, and both can be equally involved in the arts and sciences. Both strive for a moral cause, just in different ways. Fi is more about YOUR OWN core values, whereas Fe is focused on benefiting a GROUP of PEOPLE. INFJs under a lot stress will tend to become cynical and misanthropic, emotionally withdrawn, and will get quiet. They may overindulge in sensory activities. INTJs under stress, especially if their Fi isn't very well developed, tend to take things personally ("The world has something against me.") and then overindulge in sensory activities like INFJs, and then quickly spring back. INTJs objectively analyze the world around them with extroverted thinking, organizing it and creating hierarchies and systems that will make things run more efficiently to achieve their inner vision. INFJs tend to bond with people to realize a goal tied into a central shared value. They prefer to have a cooperative atmosphere. What it all boils down to is your inner motivations as well as how you respond to stress.

What do you notice in yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche