• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I seem to be an xNTx type. Please help me out.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I just wanna know if there's someone here that can relate to my situation.

I wouldn't know if I would call myself an extrovert or an introvert. Compare to most people I know, I think I have better verbal articulation skills, but that's because it's a defense mechanism for me for the fear of being continuously misunderstood. It's kinda like speaking as a countermeasure to the negative effects of shyness, ironic as it may seem, and capitalizing on my NT, the rewards can be fulfilling. It gives me a sense of credibility (at least from an intellectual standpoint). But in some occasions, I would think of myself as Introverted because I still can't display more sophisticated form of extroverted behavior (e.g., flirting, maybe partly because the NT controls it).

Also, I'm wondering if I'm realistically J. I see the battle of J and P as the battle of rigid stable routine of J versus the flexibility and instability of P. Over the past few years, J never worked on me. My patience have shortened over the years, and I have developed my reasoning skills, which usually collides with protocols, and I've become more humanist, which led me to think that I've shifted to P. But I have doubts that the strength of my NT would have made me still cling to J for a certain degree of security. After all, P is pretty much risk oriented.

Anyone here experiences the same situation?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cypo, if you'd post more, it'd help us get a sense of you so we could take a better stab. Otherwise we could be blindsided by your assumption of the NT and not consider other types you could be? Just curious what made you say you're an NT for sure?

And hey... go do an introduction. :D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The simple test of I/E is the energy thing... Do talking to large groups of people makes you feel better or does it tire you out?

As AE said... please go make an introduction and ramble more about yourself... There's not enough info to go on at the moment.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use

Well that's an interesting mix... Ne and Ti are pretty much tied... Fi is right up there as well. :thinking:

The distribution of things looks like P... Suppose INTP would be the better fit... although one typically don't see that much Fi in an INTP. ENTP is more unlikely with the low Fe... INFP... doesn't look right.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
there you go :)
is this what you were looking for?

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I've taken various MBTI tests to confirm the consistency of my results and so far, only NT seem to be consistent with my E and I values fluctuating consistently as well as my J and P.

But I'm more inclined to believe that I could be an INTP because I simply don't see myself as the stereotypical ENTJ business tycoon. For one, I have issues tat are needed to be dealt with.

I'm pretty much an NT person (I think) because I do more thinking, have a conscious attempt to suppress F (pretty much validates the T) and I'm a pretty much "big picture" oriented person, with my learning skills pretty much rooted to how I assess the interconnection of concepts (which kinda confirms the N).

Growing, up, I think I was raised by my mom in such a way that I was expected to be an ENTJ, though insecurities started kicking in and forced me to be introverted. The stresses of academic schoolwork (by the way, I took up engineering. I hated the rigid math and the physics of it) eventually made me question their apparent value to my current disposition.

That transformed me to a person who tends to question every facet of knowledge and assess if they would suit me before I venture understanding them for my self interest (which is pretty much a stereotypical description of an INTP). Eventually, this issue strengthened my humanist inclination because I'm getting burned out in living something I think is a lie.

There was the urge in me to be spiritual (being raised as a Catholic myself), but I realized that I need to cling something more mundane (with my rationalistic outlook already developing), so that's where I started embracing the concept of modern humanism.

I may not be that great in absorbing information (aka cramming), and all its trivial details, but I guess with the way I visualize concepts to be interconnected and treat them like jigsaw puzzle pieces to a bigger picture, I couldn't consider myself dumb either (for one, I don't encounter that many people do this, maybe because they're too much preoccupied with their normal lives to think of such thoughts). So I thought that maybe another form of thinking is in the works here, which I'm not able to identify yet.

Last edited:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Perhaps INFJ? They are great thinkers too.. and seem to hold back emotion.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Well that's an interesting mix... Ne and Ti are pretty much tied... Fi is right up there as well. :thinking:

The distribution of things looks like P... Suppose INTP would be the better fit... although one typically don't see that much Fi in an INTP. ENTP is more unlikely with the low Fe... INFP... doesn't look right.

I was pretty much a crybaby when I was young. I was virtually singlehandedly raised by my mom since Dad is working overseas, so that means I have no macho archetype of a parental figure as a role model. Back then, I would be compelled to prevent myself from having physical bouts, so I just ended up crying.

But I hated the entire situation of weeping and whatnot, and I guess, eventually I just got numb. Though the years of being misunderstood and unrecognized about my true personality caused my "restrained" emotions to be contained in a bottleneck, so maybe that's what causing the "Fi" to have a high score. I'm struggling to have my feelings contained, which works, but still, I'm struggling.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Perhaps INFJ? They are great thinkers too.. and seem to hold back emotion.

Hmmmm....I don't have a humanitarian disposition, and I seem to be better off in the company of people who have lesser tendencies to self-implode. Though I have to admit, I can be a magnet to emotionally wrecked people. But I consider myself to be too rational to be a spiritually supporting individual. I'm more straight to the point.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Anyway, just some theory I'm speculating...

Let's say that you're a stereotypical aloof INTP. You hated the isolation it brings, and as a contingency measure, in order for you to have a lesser feeling of isolation, you started analyzing other people's feelings, in which case, you develop a certain degree of empathy, compelling your attachment to your feelings to develop, but not in a way that it would overthrow your default rational mindset.

Ironic as it may seem, rationalism drives you to be attuned to your feelings to a certain degree.

That's also another angle I'm looking at with regard to my case.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Sounds like an INFJ... Do you identify with these INFJ individuals?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/3587-infjs-why-we-hold-back.html

Ok, the way understand the statement is, INFJ's are not really sympathetic by default but just a part of their Ni which they have so that they can look for their appropriate niche? So is this a form of a self-centered approach in helping out people? That is doing, something strategic out of your sympathetic inclination?
But would that be T in control of the F?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Let's go with the INTP angle..

Are you insensitive to the feelings of others, sometimes unintentionally?
Are you constantly, passionately learning about something or honing your intellectual skills?
Are you a lone wolf?
Do you love to debate?

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
1. I can relate to their feelings, but when I give out my thoughts, it will more likely manifest in a stereotypical male Mr.Fix-It form of an advice. I have a serious lack of speaking in a inspirational sense.

2. What I wanna learn will depend on my inclination and what interests me. It's not a mere knowledge per-se kind of disposition, but a more stratified one. Though I have to admit, I hate the concept of specialization since it may show a weakness in me, so I try to balance out what I know, even if the execution of it is still stratified.

3. Lone wolf but making a conscious effort to mingle, but not at the expense of my individuality. Over the past few years the results have been ok.

4. I have a mixed sentiments to this. By default, I do but when I realized that it can destroy my relationship/friendships one by one, I've taken a more conservative, selective take on this.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This doesn't really fit her results, but I think perhaps Cypocalypse might be an INTJ? I'm not sure what leads me to that conclusion, but it seems to be what I'm picking up on here.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Just a cut and paste of a stereotypical traits of an INFP (the other type I could be)

1. Intuitively understand people and situations
2. Idealistic
3. Highly principled
4. Complex and deep
5. Natural leaders
6. Sensitive and compassionate towards people
7. Service-oriented
8. Future-oriented
9. Value deep, authentic relationships
10. Reserved about expressing their true selves
11. Dislike dealing with details unless they enhance or promote their vision
12. Constantly seeking meaning and purpose in everything
13. Creative and visionary
14. Intense and tightly-wound
15. Can work logically and rationally - use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it

My thoughts
1. True, thought I haven't tested it with many people to derive an accurate conclusion.
2. I shifted to realism over the past few years. I think the situation is now more balanced.
3. True
4. True
5. I have confidence issues with regard to this. The burden frights me a bit.
6. It doesn't manifest in a tangible way that I prefer.
7. Not true
8. Not that much. It can jeopardize my ability to adapt.
9. True
10. Not true. If I don't express my real self, then I'll be forever misunderstood.
11. True
12. true
13. Not certain
14. I couldn't say.
15. So does that mean rationality can develop from intuition? And I thought rationality needs to have a certain degree of empiricism to it.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
1. I can relate to their feelings, but when I give out my thoughts, it will more likely manifest in a stereotypical male Mr.Fix-It form of an advice. I have a serious lack of speaking in a inspirational sense.

2. What I wanna learn will depend on my inclination and what interests me. It's not a mere knowledge per-se kind of disposition, but a more stratified one. Though I have to admit, I hate the concept of specialization since it may show a weakness in me, so I try to balance out what I know, even if the execution of it is still stratified.

3. Lone wolf but making a conscious effort to mingle, but not at the expense of my individuality. Over the past few years the results have been ok.

4. I have a mixed sentiments to this. By default, I do but when I realized that it can destroy my relationship/friendships one by one, I've taken a more conservative, selective take on this.

I would have answered the same way, and I am certain I am INTP... if that is any help...