User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Default I seem to be an xNTx type. Please help me out.

I just wanna know if there's someone here that can relate to my situation.

I wouldn't know if I would call myself an extrovert or an introvert. Compare to most people I know, I think I have better verbal articulation skills, but that's because it's a defense mechanism for me for the fear of being continuously misunderstood. It's kinda like speaking as a countermeasure to the negative effects of shyness, ironic as it may seem, and capitalizing on my NT, the rewards can be fulfilling. It gives me a sense of credibility (at least from an intellectual standpoint). But in some occasions, I would think of myself as Introverted because I still can't display more sophisticated form of extroverted behavior (e.g., flirting, maybe partly because the NT controls it).

Also, I'm wondering if I'm realistically J. I see the battle of J and P as the battle of rigid stable routine of J versus the flexibility and instability of P. Over the past few years, J never worked on me. My patience have shortened over the years, and I have developed my reasoning skills, which usually collides with protocols, and I've become more humanist, which led me to think that I've shifted to P. But I have doubts that the strength of my NT would have made me still cling to J for a certain degree of security. After all, P is pretty much risk oriented.

Anyone here experiences the same situation?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think that this test can be enlightening in finding out more about your type.

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Cypo, if you'd post more, it'd help us get a sense of you so we could take a better stab. Otherwise we could be blindsided by your assumption of the NT and not consider other types you could be? Just curious what made you say you're an NT for sure?

And hey... go do an introduction.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The simple test of I/E is the energy thing... Do talking to large groups of people makes you feel better or does it tire you out?

As AE said... please go make an introduction and ramble more about yourself... There's not enough info to go on at the moment.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
    excellent use
    Well that's an interesting mix... Ne and Ti are pretty much tied... Fi is right up there as well.

The distribution of things looks like P... Suppose INTP would be the better fit... although one typically don't see that much Fi in an INTP. ENTP is more unlikely with the low Fe... INFP... doesn't look right.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

there you go
    is this what you were looking for?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

I've taken various MBTI tests to confirm the consistency of my results and so far, only NT seem to be consistent with my E and I values fluctuating consistently as well as my J and P.

But I'm more inclined to believe that I could be an INTP because I simply don't see myself as the stereotypical ENTJ business tycoon. For one, I have issues tat are needed to be dealt with.

I'm pretty much an NT person (I think) because I do more thinking, have a conscious attempt to suppress F (pretty much validates the T) and I'm a pretty much "big picture" oriented person, with my learning skills pretty much rooted to how I assess the interconnection of concepts (which kinda confirms the N).

Growing, up, I think I was raised by my mom in such a way that I was expected to be an ENTJ, though insecurities started kicking in and forced me to be introverted. The stresses of academic schoolwork (by the way, I took up engineering. I hated the rigid math and the physics of it) eventually made me question their apparent value to my current disposition.

That transformed me to a person who tends to question every facet of knowledge and assess if they would suit me before I venture understanding them for my self interest (which is pretty much a stereotypical description of an INTP). Eventually, this issue strengthened my humanist inclination because I'm getting burned out in living something I think is a lie.

There was the urge in me to be spiritual (being raised as a Catholic myself), but I realized that I need to cling something more mundane (with my rationalistic outlook already developing), so that's where I started embracing the concept of modern humanism.

I may not be that great in absorbing information (aka cramming), and all its trivial details, but I guess with the way I visualize concepts to be interconnected and treat them like jigsaw puzzle pieces to a bigger picture, I couldn't consider myself dumb either (for one, I don't encounter that many people do this, maybe because they're too much preoccupied with their normal lives to think of such thoughts). So I thought that maybe another form of thinking is in the works here, which I'm not able to identify yet.
    Last edited by Cypocalypse; 01-27-2008 at 04:33 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

Perhaps INFJ? They are great thinkers too.. and seem to hold back emotion.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Well that's an interesting mix... Ne and Ti are pretty much tied... Fi is right up there as well.

The distribution of things looks like P... Suppose INTP would be the better fit... although one typically don't see that much Fi in an INTP. ENTP is more unlikely with the low Fe... INFP... doesn't look right.
    I was pretty much a crybaby when I was young. I was virtually singlehandedly raised by my mom since Dad is working overseas, so that means I have no macho archetype of a parental figure as a role model. Back then, I would be compelled to prevent myself from having physical bouts, so I just ended up crying.

But I hated the entire situation of weeping and whatnot, and I guess, eventually I just got numb. Though the years of being misunderstood and unrecognized about my true personality caused my "restrained" emotions to be contained in a bottleneck, so maybe that's what causing the "Fi" to have a high score. I'm struggling to have my feelings contained, which works, but still, I'm struggling.