User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Yikes! So many replies...

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    I was virtually singlehandedly raised by my mom since Dad is working overseas, so that means I have no macho archetype of a parental figure as a role model.

But I hated the entire situation of weeping and whatnot, and I guess, eventually I just got numb. Though the years of being misunderstood and unrecognized about my true personality caused my "restrained" emotions to be contained in a bottleneck, so maybe that's what causing the "Fi" to have a high score.
    Hmmmm you see that quite a bit with INFPs... they often keep themselves under tight control because of the Fi... The restrain and numbing of emotions. Interesting to see you mention it in reverse though.

Hmmmm....I don't have a humanitarian disposition, and I seem to be better off in the company of people who have lesser tendencies to self-implode. Though I have to admit, I can be a magnet to emotionally wrecked people. But I consider myself to be too rational to be a spiritually supporting individual. I'm more straight to the point.
    Ok, the way understand the statement is, INFJ's are not really sympathetic by default but just a part of their Ni which they have so that they can look for their appropriate niche? So is this a form of a self-centered approach in helping out people? That is doing, something strategic out of your sympathetic inclination?
    But would that be T in control of the F?
    I don't really think you're an INFJ... but your thinking style is similar to mine... Looks like Ti with a bit of Ni (could be Ne though). It's basically thinking by asking questions for understanding. Ti not Te (my feel for things anyways).

1. I can relate to their feelings, but when I give out my thoughts, it will more likely manifest in a stereotypical male Mr.Fix-It form of an advice. I have a serious lack of speaking in a inspirational sense.
    That sounds a tad like J behavior... INXPs tend not to push as much. ENTP can sometimes do that though, but less likely than an NJ.

2. What I wanna learn will depend on my inclination and what interests me. It's not a mere knowledge per-se kind of disposition, but a more stratified one. Though I have to admit, I hate the concept of specialization since it may show a weakness in me, so I try to balance out what I know, even if the execution of it is still stratified.
    Hmmmm question for you: When you're first given a problem... how do you go about solving it? What's your approach?

Enneagram
    1w2

Thread moved to What's my Type?

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Hmmmm question for you: When you're first given a problem... how do you go about solving it? What's your approach?
    Depends on nature of the problem. If it's an integral calculus type of problem where I have to solve an equation, I would most likely self implode if I don't recall the formula.

If it involves concepts, individual dynamics, social dynamics, or cultural dynamics and whatnot, the solving the problem would be comparatively easier.

I have a tendency to put concepts into an organized layout (at least mentally), and then make an educated guess as to where the problem may theoretically fit. It's like I have a pre-conceived idea of how to solve a problem depending on where it fits (based of course on experience and theoretical considerations) If that can solves the problem, then it kinda validates my initial "hunch"

MBTI
    INFP

If you're having a problem in a relationship... what do you do? How do you internalise and organise your thoughts and feelings? How do you approach the person? What are you feeling when you approach them?

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

I only have had one legitimate relationship which is my current one.

My girlfriend is more like an ISFP, which is pretty much easy to handle in my opinion.

Between the two of us, definitely I have a stronger personality, and whenever were having a misunderstanding, I have the tendency to be verbally loud in the hopes of making her speak up, which hardly happens because she does the reverse. She becomes even more silent, making me eventually just apologize just to settle things even if I don't see things as my fault. She's not even verbally equipped to apologize well.

There's a part of me that wants to provoke her to speak up more because I hate the idea of her being a pushover in many aspects of her life, but I realize that a verbal provocation hardly works. I want her to be inspired instead but I don't have the verbal capacity to be a sweet inspirational talker.

MBTI
    INFP

Would you really want to be a sweet inspirational talker?

Here you say: Hmmmm....I don't have a humanitarian disposition, and I seem to be better off in the company of people who have lesser tendencies to self-implode. Though I have to admit, I can be a magnet to emotionally wrecked people. But I consider myself to be too rational to be a spiritually supporting individual. I'm more straight to the point.

That seems to betray that you don't want to be a sweet inspirational talker, not that you don't have the ability to be one. It's just not your thing. You're straight forward. That's an INTP thing.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I have a tendency to put concepts into an organized layout (at least mentally), and then make an educated guess as to where the problem may theoretically fit. It's like I have a pre-conceived idea of how to solve a problem depending on where it fits (based of course on experience and theoretical considerations) If that can solves the problem, then it kinda validates my initial "hunch"
    Is that not Ni? Why do I want to say INTJ? Without evidence to support it as well...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i want to say INFJ for some reason. not being a pushover doesn't mean you don't have Fe. and it seems as if you understand social implications and dynamics quite well. (being aware of your GF's motivations, etc.) you have a drive to push her towards her own growth, which is quite NFJ. "I hate the idea of her being a pushover in many aspects of her life". that's Fe.

you certainly seem Ni dominant to me.

sounds like Ni+Ti

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Would you really want to be a sweet inspirational talker?

Here you say: Hmmmm....I don't have a humanitarian disposition, and I seem to be better off in the company of people who have lesser tendencies to self-implode. Though I have to admit, I can be a magnet to emotionally wrecked people. But I consider myself to be too rational to be a spiritually supporting individual. I'm more straight to the point.

That seems to betray that you don't want to be a sweet inspirational talker, not that you don't have the ability to be one. It's just not your thing. You're straight forward. That's an INTP thing.
    Hmmmmm.....I think it's a standard INTP dilemma--the need for deep relationships but lacking the Fe (aka expected normal public behavior) for it. But unlike the colder INTJ's or ENTJ's, I'm pretty much attuned with my feelings (which justifies my high Fi. This gives me an ability to attract friendships with people. Though it's still weird in a sense that I attract the company of people through understanding emotions, at least in the context of myself. But having an understanding a full grasp of someone else's emotion is another thing. I think that justifies my lack of Fe).

I'm not saying that I can't transform my speech into that. I have the spiritual inclinations of an INTP for it, but maybe I don't think I can push things to that level yet.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post

sounds like Ni+Ti
    Exactly what I'm thinking, which is justified by the cognitive processes test.

I can't imagine myself as a stereotypical INTJ or an ENTJ because I don't think I have a well developed Te (I hated college calculus and physics so much). I primarily learn trough concepts/abstract images. They're pretty much vivid in my mind.